[1.12.x] Trajectories v2.4.5 (2023-08-22) : atmospheric predictions

Kobymaru

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's very odd, the mod is not using the ClickThroughBlocker, it only uses dialogs.  I'll look into it.

I need to check, I'm not sure it should eve

LGG

Edit:  I've been able to reproduce this, will look at it this evening

What's really odd is that it only seems to be the area of the left half part of the dialog, not the right

I found the problem, will be fixed in the next release.  Sorry about it, was caused by a typo

I installed trajectories resently in my pack and when i was trying to create maneuwr node trajectories made it impossible to click on my orbital path. I uninstalled all my mods, added trajectories again and it again made it impossible to create on orbital lines to create node

2 hours ago, Anonim2 said:

I installed trajectories resently in my pack and when i was trying to create maneuwr node trajectories made it impossible to click on my orbital path. I uninstalled all my mods, added trajectories again and it again made it impossible to create on orbital lines to create node

There is a bug which will be fixed in the next release.  For now, what's happening is that the window is sill interfering even when you hide it, so move the window to one of the corners of the screen which will hopefully bypass the issue for you.  Next release is currently testing

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I was wondering if there is a way to add a button that updates the aerodynamic model of the ship after you change something to it like, for example, deploying airbrakes or attaching new parts to it while in space? In my case, I use airbrakes for control during decent and The problem is that I can't change the aerodynamic model of the aircraft once it's already launched. The way I do it now is by launching the ship with my airbrakes extended and then I retract them right after I start ascending. In addition to that I extend them whenever I stage because I'm not sure how the mod tracks any changes to the ship and that seems to be working pretty well. It would be good though if you could implement something like this. Thanks for the great job. :D

So there is definetely a bug with the latest version. When you switch to a different vessel during flight, the toolbar button will disappear and the trajectories window will open by itself, and there is no way to close it again, since the toolbar button is gone. Should be fairly easy to reproduce.

KSP.log

Edited by UltraJohn

On a clear install from CKAN of the 2.4.5.2 version the TRAJ button does not show up neither in stock or in blizzy toolbar.

Installing it over the 2.4.2 version and telling CKAN to KEEP the old folders appears to solver it.

It appears to be a missing config.xml file from GameData\Trajectories\Plugins\PluginData\Trajectories\config.xml.

There are also some empty folders in GameData\Trajectories\Plugin\PluginData\Trajectories (please note the "Plugin" in singular).

I hope to have helped. Thanks for the usefull mod

• 5 weeks later...

Here's one: The "Swap left/right clicks for toolbar button" checkbox actually toggles between four states:

- left click disable, right click menu
- left click disable and menu, right click disable and menu
- left click menu, right click disable
- left click nothing, right click nothing

I haven't tested if this happens also without any other mods.

Is it possible somehow to simulate ablator burn-off?

In JNSQ even simple science containers need heatshields and the ablator is heaviest part of return capsule. As it ablates the the capsule slows drastically faster than the prediction. Guesstimating the needed overshot can get annoying after a while.

On 11/8/2023 at 11:48 PM, Tuupertunut said:

Another bug: https://github.com/neuoy/KSPTrajectories/issues/186 (Trajectory does not reset after time warp in FAR model) still exists even though it was claimed to be fixed in 2.4.4. The bug only happens in FAR aerodynamic model, not the stock one.

That fix was never released in 2.4.4 it was fixed after that release, you will have to build from GitHub or wait for @linuxgurugamerto fix the issue.

On 11/8/2023 at 6:48 PM, Tuupertunut said:

Another bug: https://github.com/neuoy/KSPTrajectories/issues/186 (Trajectory does not reset after time warp in FAR model) still exists even though it was claimed to be fixed in 2.4.4. The bug only happens in FAR aerodynamic model, not the stock one.

No logs, no support.

On 11/14/2023 at 7:10 AM, PiezPiedPy said:

That fix was never released in 2.4.4 it was fixed after that release, you will have to build from GitHub or wait for @linuxgurugamerto fix the issue.

It's listed in my 2.4.4 release notes

On 10/31/2023 at 9:19 PM, Tuupertunut said:

Github issues are disabled. Do you wish to receive bug reports here or Github?

Issues are now enabled on my fork on Github:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KSPTrajectories

I have 4 bugs listed which I've gleaned from the last few months messages, I'll be working on this over the next week or so

On 11/9/2023 at 1:48 AM, Tuupertunut said:

I think I found and fixed the issue and will be making a PR shortly. It was that the FAR model is not ready for force computations immediately after exiting time warp. It was not yet fixed even in the latest Github commit.

Edited by Tuupertunut

On 11/25/2023 at 8:45 AM, Tuupertunut said:

I think I found and fixed the issue and will be making a PR shortly. It was that the FAR model is not ready for force computations immediately after exiting time warp. It was not yet fixed even in the latest Github commit.

I'll be watching for it

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2023 at 8:45 AM, Tuupertunut said:

Merged, thanks

On 11/11/2023 at 12:22 AM, Krazy1 said:

Another minor issue... it always defaults to turn on when a ship is loaded. Just wastes CPU time if you're not using it. 

Are you sure?  It remembers the last setting, try setting it off (check the config.xml to be sure) and try it again.

I just confirmed this :-( 

will get it fixed before next release

Someone reported that a new install failed due to a missing config.xml.  I have been unable to replicate that.  Also reported that there were extra directories, again, I have not been able to replicate this

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 9/28/2023 at 9:18 AM, ZeroA4 said:

On a clear install from CKAN of the 2.4.5.2 version the TRAJ button does not show up neither in stock or in blizzy toolbar.

Installing it over the 2.4.2 version and telling CKAN to KEEP the old folders appears to solver it.

It appears to be a missing config.xml file from GameData\Trajectories\Plugins\PluginData\Trajectories\config.xml.

There are also some empty folders in GameData\Trajectories\Plugin\PluginData\Trajectories (please note the "Plugin" in singular).

I hope to have helped. Thanks for the usefull mod

I was unable to replicate this.  The fact you you mention "Plugin" as opposed to "Plugins" tells me that you are looking at the older version, I don't use that, my version uses the more standard "Plugins"

I have a beta ready now:

• Thanks to github user @Tuupertunut for these fixes
    • Fix wrong trajectory after timewarp/loading in FAR model
    • Fix swapping left and right clicks toggles between four states
  • Fixed button icon display when starting to show correct icon (was always showing the Active icon to start, even when it was not active)
  • Replaced logging with KSP_Log (now needs SpaceTuxUtilities as new dependency)
  • Added code to dump config to log file when in debug mode

here:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/z9327pqqm0mx3v2ct3l9g/Trajectories-2.4.5.3-BETA.zip?rlkey=eu0j6eufdj8uss0q4tv0k5qx2&dl=0

I don't think it will be a problem to add the SpaceTuxUtilities, most of my mods already use that.  It was easier for me to make this change for debugging purposes

Please try this out and let me know how it goes

On 12/17/2023 at 1:09 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Fixed button icon display when starting to show correct icon (was always showing the Active icon to start, even when it was not active)

Ah. I wasn't precise. It wasn't actually running, icon was just out of sync initially. I'll try to test but holidays may intervene. Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

New release, 2.4.5.3

• Thanks to github user @Tuupertunut for these fixes
    • Fix wrong trajectory after timewarp/loading in FAR model
    • Fix swapping left and right clicks toggles between four states
    • In-flight overlay now shows the whole trajectory
  • Fixed button icon display when starting to show correct icon (was always showing the Active icon to start, even when it was not active)
  • Replaced logging with KSP_Log (now needs SpaceTuxUtilities as new dependency)
  • Added code to dump config to log file when in debug mode

Note:  There is now a new dependency of the SpaceTuxLibrary