Kerbalized SpaceX

16 minutes ago, mrtagnan said:

Well smokescreen is harder to mess with than I imagined, I know how to mess around in RP but not smokescreen, to be honest I have no idea how the BFR engines produce smoke,. Doesn't mean I won't do it though, I'm trying to get it done as fast as I can. I can't find anything that configures smoke that also isn't canceled out the RP configs.

They produce smoke through a transform called smokePoint but I don't see a reference for that in the configs. RP might do it a bit different. Have you tried altering the plume scale in the CFG.? That was my first idea when I looked into the configs. I can mess around with it at some point if I think it needs it. Haven't had a chance to play around with everything much. My power was out all weekend from a snow storm. I'm playing tonight so ill decide if it even needs more smoke or not.

1 minute ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

They produce smoke through a transform called smokePoint but I don't see a reference for that in the configs. RP might do it a bit different. Have you tried altering the plume scale in the CFG.? That was my first idea when I looked into the configs. I can mess around with it at some point if I think it needs it. Haven't had a chance to play around with everything much. My power was out all weekend from a snow storm. I'm playing tonight so ill decide if it even needs more smoke or not.

I'll take a look at that soon! I'm currently trying to watch the electron launch but once that's done I'll mess with it!

17 hours ago, mrtagnan said:

I'll take a look at that soon! I'm currently trying to watch the electron launch but once that's done I'll mess with it!

cool. sounds good

Working on improving the V2 today. Not 100% sure I'm going to implement this but I want to mess around with the transparent pod mod and see if I can come up with something cool. Also, did a slight re-model for the engines on the V2.

38977493302_8e5d454bff_b.jpg

it would be great if the window could slope downwards at the bottom, like in the old textures, just to a lesser degree.

are there going to be solar panels and landing legs for the BFR, and will there be 3 sea level raptors on the BFR?

when is the update coming out? is the passenger cabin IVA done?

Edited by eskimo22

29 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

it would be great if the window could slope downwards at the bottom, like in the old textures, just to a lesser degree.

are there going to be solar panels and landing legs for the BFR, and will there be 3 sea level raptors on the BFR?

when is the update coming out? is the passenger cabin IVA done?

Doubt I will be going back to the slanted windows... Yes there will be landing legs, solar panels and 3 sea level engines for the BFR. I need to decrease the number of engines in the boosters as well. I plan on remodeling the engines entirely most likely. IDK- soon, and no.

@HebaruSan thanks for the likes. I like like likes a whole lot :confused:

@eskimo22 Yes the RCS ports will make a nice new addition in my opinion. Plus it kills something around eight parts you would normally need to install. I haven't worked on the IVA any since the last release, so unfortunately I have nothing new to show you. It is coming though. My plan is to have everything finished by Christmas. Likely will have a release before then though. I'm getting a bit unorganized, I have so many things I'm working on at one time.

38 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

The BFS Should be a lifting sufrace

The BFR is a lifting surface. What do you think makes it perform its flip maneuver and keeps it from dropping like a stone? Look in the airplane hangar you will see its center of lift. Center of lift don't show in the VAB

1 hour ago, eskimo22 said:

can you release the parts now and then the IVA later?

Or could you send me just the new BFS related parts?

I still haven't added the RCS transforms yet(what actually make them work). Coming very soon. I will ping you when its ready.

@eskimo22

Or you can just check the part and see what is does. Please make sure you check things out before letting me know how things should be...... Thanks!

27283404179_8bd7ba4fb7_b.jpg

Edited by harrisjosh2711

39 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

Thx, I didnt see that. I put some split flaps on the delta wing and the BFS became unstable, thats why i asked.

That is why I haven't added a flap. I have noticed those things do not like flying backwards in KSP for some reason. The only way to successfully use it is to cut them off during descent. I actually figured that out trying to land this thing. Its almost Impossible to land stable if you have elons traveling backwards. My imagination tells me KSP doesn't think they should be going in that direction and SAS freaks out trying to fix it????????????????? But yeah I would love to add a flap for the BFR but then it will be highly unstable and this is a KSP problem not mine.

38780556811_6334e5cb90_b.jpg

Edited by harrisjosh2711

2 hours ago, www2 said:

Hi there are some problems with the kis inter face of the BFR's the slotSize was set to 1000 but a got value for this is 50 or 100.

I will take a look at it. Not exactly sure what you are saying though. Are you saying it should not be set at 1000 but instead 50 or 100?