Kerbalized SpaceX

5 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

I think you may have @ the wrong person maybe. The ISP is 345 for balance reasons and if you seen the pic when it was 145 that was a mistake. I changed it now

Yea, it was meant for you :)

I mean Raptor is a high tech 300-bar methalox engine, it should be at least a little bit more efficient than Poodle. 

Edited by sh1pman

10 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

I mean Raptor is a high tech 300-bar methalox engine, it should be at least a little more efficient than Poodle. 

Yea, I need to re-balance everything. Its actually far to overpowered for stock KSP. The ISP is 345 because its not currently configured to fly in real solar system. 

Edited by harrisjosh2711

4 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Yea, I need to re-balance everything. Its actually far to overpowered for stock KSP. The ISP is 345 because its not currently configured to fly in real solar system. 

Maybe maybe it’s ok if BFR is overpowered, I mean, it will be very overpowered in real life compared to everything else!

Edited by sh1pman

9 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

I mean Raptor is a high tech 300-bar methalox engine, it should be at least a little bit more efficient than Poodle. 

A low thrust, a non-turbopumped engine with a fairly long nozzle can develop and exhaust velocity close to 4000 if there is perfect conversion to work, as you turbopump the engine to increase thrust you have to spoil part of the power for the turbo pump. In addition the engines run oxygen rich, they do this to increase ISP but also protect the bell housing from heat, this retrieves some of the heat but increases exhaust mass. 375 is a decent ISP for a moderate size space engine it would be on the high side for a powerful engine (such as a lift-off engine).

1 minute ago, PB666 said:

A low thrust, a non-turbopumped engine with a fairly long nozzle can develop and exhaust velocity close to 4000 if there is perfect conversion to work, as you turbopump the engine to increase thrust you have to spoil part of the power for the turbo pump. In addition the engines run oxygen rich, they do this to increase ISP but also protect the bell housing from heat, this retrieves some of the heat but increases exhaust mass. 375 is a decent ISP for a moderate size space engine it would be on the high side for a powerful engine (such as a lift-off engine).

I’m thinking 355 for vacuum Raptor in stock should be about right. It can be balanced with high cost and weight. 

1 hour ago, eskimo22 said:

I don't have those configs, i clicked "replace" on all of the files without knowing that the configs are broken

Ok. First- Delete old JNH file from gamedata folder and install the new one. Its always good practice to delete an old update before you install a new one. Not saying you have to but its good practice. With the new update having .dds textures now, you need to delete the old one and install the new one.

Second- Download this old release. https://github.com/jharri74/Dragon2/releases/tag/1.261 

Third- open the JNH file inside this old release and copy the kerbalizedtweakscale.cfg inside it. Go to your newly installed JNH folder and paste this into here. Click replace. I would delete the old one before just to be sure but you don't have to.

fouth- open the cfg. you just placed into your newly installed JNH file and paste the spoiler a gave you earlier at the very bottom. Click save

If you need anymore assistance after this write me a PM and I will help you.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

48 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

If you want to talk about that go to my forum. Its a bit off-topic here.... Don't want to get into trouble:/

Its not off-topic, this is exactly what we want. . . . .I have been investigating mixture ratios. Will get back on the answer.

Not a huge issue, there is a typo on the spacedock.info page, it says that the ISP (Vac) of the BFR vacuum engines is 145 seconds; on the screenshot near the top of page 33, it says that it is 345, which makes more sense.

Edited by eskimo22

2 hours ago, eskimo22 said:

Not a huge issue, there is a typo on the spacedock.info page, it says that the ISP (Vac) of the BFR vacuum engines is 145 seconds; on the screenshot near the top of page 33, it says that it is 345, which makes more sense.

Thanks for reminding me. I fixed the picture earlier but I haven't changed the ones at spacedock or curse yet.

16 hours ago, PB666 said:

Its not off-topic, this is exactly what we want. . . . .I have been investigating mixture ratios. Will get back on the answer.

Yes, it was off-topic. Which is why I have had to move it all.

Sorry if it's made a mess of the thread, but that's what happens when people start to talk about mods outside of the mod's thread!

12 hours ago, JeffreyCor said:

This is looking really great! a possible very serious contender with Tundra. Wish it had support for TAC-LS an an option but all things in time I'm sure. :)

Indeed it is, Tundra's dragon capsule is better, but JNH's BFR is better.

JNH's Dragon 2 and falcon 9 is 3.75m wide, which makes it almost exactly real scale. Tundra's BFR is just too small and I don't like the nose heat shield design, and it has no IVA.

Edited by eskimo22

7 hours ago, eskimo22 said:

Indeed it is, Tundra's dragon capsule is better, but JNH's BFR is better.

JNH's Dragon 2 and falcon 9 is 3.75m wide, which makes it almost exactly real scale. Tundra's BFR is just too small and I don't like the nose heat shield design, and it has no IVA.

3tLarvL.gif

29 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

A cool trick that I found is that you can fit two large drills inside of the bottom of the BFR near the engines. A large drill can fit next to the engines, even while fully extended.

Cool. Post a screen shot if you don't mind. I have been pondering a way to make a in-situ system for the BFR. 

40 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

screenshot1.png  

I clipped the ISRU (convert-O-tron 125) and some ore tanks into the area between the crew cabin and the docking port (where a service bay is on the real BFR).

The pic don't work. You have to upload it online than you just paste the web address. I use flickr. 

Made sure the first part of the animation for my new solar panels are working last night. Going to make them a little bit wider and start working on rigging the actual solar panels inside the bars to fold. Hopefully it doesn't give me to big a hassle. The textures are just for testing on this one.

25485187968_858ab40eda_b.jpg

39324860772_7d95639487_b.jpg

38477027995_8879f7481d_b.jpg

25485391908_3a21230e09_b.jpg

Edited by harrisjosh2711

@harrisjosh2711  

And will the solar panels look like this?

bfr-payload.jpghttp://www.spacex.com/mars

4 hours ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Cool. Wonder if I should make a expendable ore tank that can fit in the BFR tale...?

What I would recommend (if possible) would be to have a cargo/service bay between the fuel tanks and the crew cabin, just like in the real BFR. I clipped the ISRU and ore tanks into that area, where a service/cargo bay would be (I also put radar  and ammunition there).

spacex-bfr-spaceship-cutaway-design-crew

Edited by eskimo22