Chinese Space Program (CNSA) & Ch. commercial launch and discussion

tater

Found an article about the what did Chang'e 5 go to the Lissajous orbit around the Sun-Earth L1 point was doing. There are some pretty cool details but it's a Chinese paper: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F-HqmJmJWwRPcehyULjUnTeOAq-F_OmT/view?usp=sharing

"...The following technical results were obtained:

1.  China's first solar-terrestrial L1 orbit probe was realized, and the design and control technologies of solar-terrestrial L1 transfer orbit and orbit orbit were verified, and data on the orbit evolution of solar-terrestrial L1 were obtained...
  2. The in-orbit measurement data were obtained, and the actual receiving gain of the measurement and control system was basically consistent with the theoretical calculation value...
  3.  The detection of three-body dynamics has been completed, and the in-orbit identification of solar wing flexural dynamics parameters and the detection of environmental force attitude perturbation have been completed...
  4. The successful application of industrial grade components in the solar-terrestrial L1 radiation environment has been achieved, and the performance of industrial grade image sensors and other components in the solar-terrestrial L1 radiation environment has been verified, which has important implications for the development of lightweight and long-life equipment and low-cost space products for future deep space probes."

Can we expect multiple Chang’e orbiters to be operating in the Earth-Moon system in the coming years?

That would be pretty neat. In any case, it will be interesting because this decade will be the first time we have had so many lunar probes launching since the 1960s and 70s.

26 minutes ago, SunlitZelkova said:

Can we expect multiple Chang’e orbiters to be operating in the Earth-Moon system in the coming years?

That would be pretty neat. In any case, it will be interesting because this decade will be the first time we have had so many lunar probes launching since the 1960s and 70s.

If everything goes well with CNSA, I think it would happened in 2030-2035. Very sincerely hope that everything will go well for our American and Russian friends as well.

Oops, do a search again. The Chang'e-6&7 are plan to launch in 2023 to 2024. And the Chang'e-8 will launch in no later than 2030

"...The white paper points out that in the next five years, China will continue to implement the lunar exploration project. Will launch the Chang'e-6 for bringing back amples from the lunar polar region. Chang'7 will be launched and high-precision landing in the lunar polar region and shadow crater leap exploaration will be completed. At the same time to complete the key technologies research of Chang'e-8. Work with relevant countries, international organizations and international partners on the construction of international lunar research stations..."

Edited by steve9728

3 hours ago, insert_name said:

CSNA has announced plans for a kinetic impactor asteroid deflection test 

https://spacenews.com/china-to-conduct-asteroid-deflection-test-around-2025/

In the CCTV's news the CNSA's deputy director said that the asteroid exploration mission will take the sample from one asteriod and send it back to Earth. And then go to another one do a close oberservation and close impact on it. To see how much this impact would affect the orbit of the asteroid.

001s-Jxoyly1h1lnvrrs8dj60u00jzq9f02.jpg

Part of team of engineers who are going to Hainan province to guarantee the launch mission of Tianzhou-4 / Wentian module departed from Beijing on 24th. Meanwhile, the Wentian module has been shipped by the Xu Yang 15 crago ship. The ship has departed from Tianjin port and will be arrived the Qinglan port on 29th.

Yep, they bring back the hard drives loaded with 8K video clips. I think the next cargo ship Tianzhou-4 would bring a new pack of hard drives.

The same camera cost 80,000 RMB. Have to say as 8K camera this price is quite unexpected

Edited by steve9728

China to build a lunar communications and navigation constellation

Considering that the existing Beidou Navigation Satellite Constellation has a "short message communication" function. Which maximum length of 560 bits for a single message (around 35 words in English and 40 characters in Chinese). Directly use the existing tech, and make it better maybe, to build a similar system on moon I think is quite reasonable.

40 characters in Chinese can already describe something with details quite precisly

Search Beidou system in Chinese found something surprised: the Beidou-3 system's single communication capacity  can be up to 14000 bits, which around 875 words in English and 1000 characters in Chinese. That's enough to send back an essay draft:D

Edited by steve9728

6 hours ago, steve9728 said:

NASA Chief rues Chinese lack of transparency in space operations

"it takes two to tango"

Honestly, I don't get it: You can't just cut your own phone line and then blame me for not calling you, right?

CNSA could not have shared tracking data with NASA even if they wanted to, because NASA can't actually receive such tracking data without congressional approval! :confused:

6 minutes ago, SunlitZelkova said:

CNSA could not have shared tracking data with NASA even if they wanted to, because NASA can't actually receive such tracking data without congressional approval! :confused:

“I can’t sent you any messages if you block me!”

14 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Ummmm... NASA may not be able to acknowledge receipt...

But... 

The Long March 5B reentry was its own problem, but I don't think CNSA-NASA communication is a part of it.

If it was going to fall on a city, its pretty unlikely there would have been enough warning for evacuation in enough time. Especially in a major urban area. The debris field would likely extend for miles.

In any case, even if CNSA was sharing data, would the Western public trust it? I think we would have been relying on Space Force projections anyways.

But actually they are daily updating the orbital elemets of China Space Station since the last two times 'brake check' happened.

Spoiler

Sounds weird but that reminds me of my annoying ex: after blocking me, she called me one or two days later to ask why I didn't come to console her. And more than once

Edited by steve9728

First anniversary of successful launch the Tianhe core module

006-HGq7agy1h1qfg5ox2aj31kx11rnpe.jpg

Almost every inch of space inside the fairing is utilised. Meanwhile the Xu Yang 15 cargo ship which is carrying the Wentian Module, was arrived the Qinglan port minutes ago

20220429110716.png

Edited by steve9728

CZ-2C launched the Siwei (4D, 四维) 01 and 02 satellite into orbit

"The 01 and 02 satellites are two 0.5m high performance optical commercial remote sensing satellites of China Four Dimensions Surveying and Mapping Technology Company Limited, a subsidiary of China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC). Compared with the previously launched optical remote sensing satellites, the diameter of the optical lens has been further increased and the light-sensitive image elements have been replaced with the most advanced CMOS devices from the traditional TDI CCD, further improving the S/N (signal-to-noise ratio) and detail resolution capability of the satellite images and promoting the imaging quality of domestic commercial remote sensing satellites to a new height.

By optimizing the configuration of satellite attitude control measurement components, the agile imaging capability of the satellite is further enhanced. The three-dimensional imaging of front, bottom and rear views enables three-dimensional reconstruction of ground targets, the five-band stitching imaging enables one-time rapid coverage of large areas, the multi-target imaging mode of 20 targets in the same orbit makes rapid monitoring possible, and the further optimised line feature along-track, active push-scan imaging and push-scan imaging along the north and south of the Earth have greatly improved the imaging efficiency and satellite data acquisition capability. At the same time, a high performance data transmission system with large storage capacity and a phased array antenna enable high speed data transmission during rapid manoeuvres."

Original source:https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/wxsDKIKGZZVK7qPi3-wL9A

Edited by steve9728

0084pl75gy1h1k3w9ydvyj30u014n464.jpg

Miss that one: EVA training in the pool for attach a new attaching point (or move the existing one) for the robotic arm (somehow I want to call it Chinarm) at end of Tianhe core module’s quadrant IV.

13 hours ago, steve9728 said:

Actually you can see it at bottom right. Directly in front of the camera are the quadrant I and quadrant IV is the right side in this picture

006-HGq7agy1h1qfg5ox2aj31kx11rnpe.jpg

Edited by steve9728

Another CZ-11 rocket cold lauch at sea:

"Jilin-1 Gaofen 04A is also known as 'Anxi Tieguanyin-2' (安溪铁观音二号)". Well, Tieguanyin is some kind tea that between black tea and green tea. Someone just put their tea brand advertisement on the rocket. Maybe my dad know this brand

Spoiler

More different angles:

67ba0e4aly1h1t7n08psjj21i80u0qfi.jpg

67ba0e4aly1h1t7n0pj5gj21ig0u07mo.jpg

005-Mk-Pz-Wly1h1trervi9kj30u00to46o.jpg005-Mk-Pz-Wly1h1tretgmybj30u00y5dnj-1.jp

005-Mk-Pz-Wly1h1tresnf3bj31ib0rodul.jpg

Galactic Energy (星河动力) successfully finished them RCS engines ‘reliability growth test'

The CNSA's 8th research institute (Shanghai Institute of Aerospace Systems Engineering) has filed a new patent: A general configuration of a combined body recovery rocket based on a common core stage.

An interview footage of the master of the Shenzhou spacecraft assembly team leader, you can see the difference in size between the new manned spacecraft and the Shenzhou:

20220502175113.png

Spoiler

Chinese engineer ×
Chinese chef ✔

Landspace has published several pictures about the Zhuque-2 rocket. "At January 2022, the rocket has completed the general inspection before leaving the factory and is ready to leave the factory."(via Weibo)

Spoiler

9da82ba5gy1h1va0fh183j20u00eoacj.jpg

9da82ba5gy1h1va0gcqwfj20u00i7q7j.jpg

9da82ba5gy1h1va0iskwzj20u00gs0w9.jpg

9da82ba5gy1h1va0jpn0oj20u00ka76h.jpg

9da82ba5gy1h1va0lsgrkj20u00khn2m.jpg

9da82ba5gy1h1va0o8ndjj20u00h0dm0.jpg

9da82ba5gy1h1vanii3ezj21hc0u07f6.jpg

9da82ba5gy1h1vantae1kj21hc0u0b29.jpg

9da82ba5gy1h1vany4jdpj21hc0u0h8p.jpg

9da82ba5gy1h1vao5451lj21hc0u0qgx.jpg

And Wentian module has comfired will take a Ham payload for the folk amateur radio enthusiast.

First launch of May

The number of Jilin-1 sensing satellites in orbit has increased to 54 and has the capacity to revisit any location on the globe 15 to 17 times a day.

The mission patch for this mission:

006-HGq7agy1h1xcsoyjlnj30mj0l1dh3.jpg

Edited by steve9728