To Buy or Not to Buy. That is the question

You should buy. But then just about everybody here would say that, or we wouldn't be on this forum. :) 

The console versions currently have serious problems and are being radically re-worked. Even as a supporter of the game, I cannot recommend buying those versions. 

5 hours ago, cfds said:

Buy, but only at a discount. $20€ is the max price you should pay for this game.

I heaftily disagree!  This game is already cheaper than most games out there, and waaaaay more worth it.  I would gladly shell out the $40 again without a second thought.  However, if you aren't needing to scratch the itch too bad, maybe it will be on sale again soon.  It just went on a 40% off cycle not too long ago.

13 hours ago, The Man Myth and Legend said:

I have been interested in this game for a while now. Should I buy or not Buy? And if so, which platform. PS4 or PC?

Get it! Get it! Get it! Get it! Get it!

Unless your PC is a potato, definitely get it for PC.  More stable, you can partake in the thousands of mods available, and, frankly, I couldn't imagine building anything with a controller.

Even if your PC is a potato... I would still shy away from the console versions.  As @Vanamonde said, they're rather broken at the moment, and can't be modded.

20 hours ago, The Man Myth and Legend said:

I have been interested in this game for a while now. Should I buy or not Buy? And if so, which platform. PS4 or PC?

If you have ANY interest in space flight you want to buy KSP now. Gotta get the PC version for the mods, updates, and online community. 

20 hours ago, The Man Myth and Legend said:

As much as I love Sony and the Playstation, I'm gonna say a big fat NO to that path. Too many issues.

As far as PC or Mac, either will work well. Each has it's own advantages and disadvantages.

2 hours ago, GDJ said:

As far as PC or Mac, either will work well. Each has it's own advantages and disadvantages.

Best part is you don't have to choose.  You buy it once, you get the Windows, Mac, and Linux versions!

If you want to build giant rockets and fly to other destinations, take samples and explore, or test out planes, then this is the game for you. Also if you want to build some crazy contraption and show it on the forums (like a hot air balloon or mechanized walker). And if you want to see how big of an explosion you can get from your craft.