[1.8.1-1.12.x] Modular Launch Pads v2.7.0: Launch clamps evolved: Real-style launch bases and towers [04 July 2024]

AlphaMensae

55 minutes ago, Sanchez_1 said:

@AlphaMensae Did this ever get fixed? I recently started having this issue as well.

Yes, a patch was added to MLP that removes the MAS Flight Computer module from the MLP crew arms and elevators. I think Jonnyothan made a change to Raster Prop Monitor to remove it from MLP parts as well. 

The trouble came from using MAS with Reviva; the MLP crew arms and elevators have the stock Generic 3 IVA to support the hatches, but they are not set up for any kind of IVA functions.

8 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

Yes, a patch was added to MLP that removes the MAS Flight Computer module from the MLP crew arms and elevators. I think Jonnyothan made a change to Raster Prop Monitor to remove it from MLP parts as well. 

The trouble came from using MAS with Reviva; the MLP crew arms and elevators have the stock Generic 3 IVA to support the hatches, but they are not set up for any kind of IVA functions.

Ah okay I'll mess with or remove Reviva then since I have the most up to date RPM and MAS. Thanks a bunch.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a request regarding the Space Shuttle tail service masts. I'm building a version of the Space Shuttle which uses Oranges and Photon Corp for the external tank and solid rocket boosters respectively. As you can see in the first image below, the tail service masts are not tall enough to properly interface with the spacecraft (and I can't lower the rocket because otherwise the boosters clip into the launch pad). This is not an error of construction or of proportions, as the second image demonstrates (the angle and distance of the screenshot compared to the photograph isn't quite right, but I think it is sufficient to demonstrate that my issue with the launch pad does not stem from errors made while constructing the spacecraft).

To resolve this issue, I'd like to request one of the following changes to the tail service mast:

• Add an optional taller version of the part as a part variant. This is probably the more complicated option because it involves figuring out the right height for a variant.
  • Make the base of the part model extend below the attach node, so that players can use the offset tool to adjust it upwards without compromizing the appearance of the launch pad.

EDIT: I think that there is an argument to be made for using the SOCK+Oranges+Photon Corp build as the standard Space Shuttle around which the launch pad is configured - specifically, the fact that it provides a very accurately-proportioned launch vehicle for the SOCK shuttle that the current shuttle launch pad appears to be sized for. If this is done, then I have four more changes to recommend: a taller position for the rotating service structure with correspondingly longer legs (to account for the fact that the shuttle is positioned higher above the launch pad); an adjustment to the SRB hold-down part (to make the bolts line up); repositioned SRB exhaust holes (the current ones are slightly too far apart); and repositioning of the nodes on the main launch platform to attach the external tank and SRB hold-downs in the right places. That said, the main thing causing an issue for this build is the inability to change the height of the tail service masts, hence why I am specifically requesting that change to allow the current launch plaform to be more versatile.

CYhX8yT.png

dI2GzNN.png

Edited by septemberWaves

On 1/14/2024 at 3:06 AM, BezKartuza said:

After placing rocket on launch pad "Dv" on rocket stages is not displayed. Does anyone know how to fix problem?

Make sure the root part is not the launch base. Other than that, leave it off to see the delta-V figures, or use Kerbal Engineer Redux or Mechjeb instead.

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Jebs Piloting Skills said:

Hey, i was wondering what mod you are using for the rockets. i have been using bdb but they don't have any soviet stuff that i can find in the mod itself. 

If you mean the craft files included with MLP, most use BDB.

Tantares and TantaresLV for the Soviet craft files.

Tundra Exploration for the SpaceX ones.

KNES, Dodo Labs, Cormorant, Chrayol, Taerobee, SOCK for all the rest.

There are also some examples using stock parts.

The mod names are in the craft file titles.

Edited by AlphaMensae

9 hours ago, Jebs Piloting Skills said:

It looks like you don't have the Community Categorie Pack installed. This is included. Please note (in the first post here):

IMPORTANT:  All the parts are now hidden by default from the stock Structural category. This was done to keep from clogging up that category with a ton of non-rocket parts. Use the included custom Community Category Kit tab or the stock custom category (accessed from the Advanced Mode in the part picker, also has subcategories) to find the parts. Delete the Hide_Parts.cfg file from the ModularLaunchPads/Category folder to bring the parts back to the Structural tab.

All required mods:

B9PartSwitch is required for all mesh and texture switching, as well as transform moving, node moving and the UI Groups, and must be present in your KSP GameData.

CommunityCategoryKit is required, as the parts are hidden from the stock categories by default, and the custom CCK category is needed to find them. The included stock custom category (located in the Advanced mode of the part picker) can also be used, and includes subcategories.

Staged Animation is required and replaces Animated Decouplers, but it also has ModuleAnimateGenericExtra, which gives deploy limit sliders custom titles. Staged Animation does the same animation staging function but without any need for a decoupler action (still gives a decouple icon in the staging stack)

19 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

It looks like you don't have the Community Categorie Pack installed. This is included. Please note (in the first post here):

All required mods:

i have it installed

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ODp8GT0XLPN3675Eun4ybBzbfsv5_Llq/view?usp=drive_link

19 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

All required mods:

also i am having troubles with everything except MLP V2.2

56 minutes ago, Jebs Piloting Skills said:

i have it installed

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ODp8GT0XLPN3675Eun4ybBzbfsv5_Llq/view?usp=drive_link

also i am having troubles with everything except MLP V2.2

It's difficult to tell from just a screenshot of part of the folder, but you appear to have multiple install problems. A lot of KSP configuration files are very sensitive to being installed in the correct folder paths:

• there is an extra GameData folder inside your GameData folder : move all the contents of that folder up into the main folder.
  • Bluedog_DB AND Bluedog_DB - Copy : there shouldn't be duplicate folders, KSP can get confused and behave oddly.
  • Chatterer+0.4 : that's the name of the zip download. It should contain a GameData>Chatterer folder. Merge that folder with your main Chatterer folder
  • Crafts / Craft files : these folders shouldn't be inside GameData - merge them with either <KSP>/ships or <KSP>/saves/<your save name>/ships

It's likely that there are other similar issues that are not immediately visible in the supplied screenshot.

On 2/7/2024 at 9:22 PM, Aelfhe1m said:

It's difficult to tell from just a screenshot of part of the folder, but you appear to have multiple install problems. A lot of KSP configuration files are very sensitive to being installed in the correct folder paths:

• there is an extra GameData folder inside your GameData folder : move all the contents of that folder up into the main folder.
  • Bluedog_DB AND Bluedog_DB - Copy : there shouldn't be duplicate folders, KSP can get confused and behave oddly.
  • Chatterer+0.4 : that's the name of the zip download. It should contain a GameData>Chatterer folder. Merge that folder with your main Chatterer folder
  • Crafts / Craft files : these folders shouldn't be inside GameData - merge them with either <KSP>/ships or <KSP>/saves/<your save name>/ships

It's likely that there are other similar issues that are not immediately visible in the supplied screenshot.

done that.