Kerbin Side Remastered [1.0.1] [1.7.3]

Eskandare

Just now, Rakete said:

All these airports are included in the Kerbin Side remastered pack?

The Main airports are, 

The airstrips are from Kerbin Side Remastered Gap Extras the Coast Guard bases are from Kerbin Side Remastered - The Life Aquatic

1 minute ago, Rakete said:

How hard do they pull on the performance

I barely notice them there. They aren't loaded unless you are close to them. 

1 minute ago, Rakete said:

Do I have to discover them all?

This depends on your Kerbal Konstructs settings as to whether the bases are open or not.  If you use the Kerbin Side Remastered GAP flight contracts, then you end up flying to all of them, 

14 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

The airstrips are from Kerbin Side Remastered Gap Extras the Coast Guard bases are from Kerbin Side Remastered - The Life Aquatic

Ah,  I considered those just to be pure contract packs.

How can I differentiate between the the bases from KS remastered and GAP-extras etc.? The coast bases are blue in the map are coast bases - and the other airports/strips? Only the ones with bigger letters are included in ksr (basic package)?

2 minutes ago, Rakete said:

How can I differentiate between the the bases from KS remastered and GAP-extras etc.

Base KSR only provides the Single and Multiple Runway Airports and the Dusty Island Helicopter site. All the others are provided by mods I created, Some are contract packs, some are just additional sites. They are listed in my signature. 

17 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Base KSR only provides the Single and Multiple Runway Airports and the Dusty Island Helicopter site. All the others are provided by mods I created, Some are contract packs, some are just additional sites. They are listed in my signature. 

Sounds great, I will give it a try... Here we are only talking about runways and airports. The don't come with more rocket launchpads, right ? (i have already a great selection and do not necesarily need more)

Info for the OP:

Spacedock and Github do not share the same newest version of this mod. The version on git is outdated.

25 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

They do. There are several additional launch sites. They are located within the nearby airport. 

Hopefully they are named in a good way, so that I can understand, where the position is based on the launchsite name.

Edited by Rakete

2 minutes ago, Rakete said:

The version on git is outdated.

The version 1.0.1 is current on GitHub, SpaceDock, and CKAN. While the maximum game version is set to KSP 1.9, I assure you that it works on 1.12.4 

5 minutes ago, Rakete said:

so that I can understand, where the position is

In the tracking station you can press the KK icon for Kerbal Konstructs and then display various KK sites that are deployed. You can select airports, launchpads, ports, etc.  

On 12/27/2022 at 3:30 PM, Caerfinon said:

The version 1.0.1 is current on GitHub, SpaceDock, and CKAN.

Nope... When I follow the git-link in the OP i get to see the following: maybe the link in the OP targets directly an outdated release.

H7nv8OP.jpg

I love the new airports. Thank you very much.

No complaint, but a little bit of feedback: May I give some minor-Bugreports for v. 1.0.1:

• The KSC2 launchpad spawns rockets not on the launchpad, but on top of the old VAB  (Update 04.02.2023; Fixed by new Kopernicus 150 release by @R-T-B Thx!)
  • Baikerbanur (KSC2): the tower of the old VAB is partially on the runway (Update 04.02.2023; Fixed by new Kopernicus 150 release by @R-T-B Thx!)
  • Kermundson is listed as Rocket launch site, but has only a runway. That's why rockets spawn on the runway. Should not be configured as a VAB-launchsite for rockets.
  • South lake is listed as Rocket launch site, but has only a runway. That's why rockets spawn on the runway. Should not be configured as a VAB-launchsite for rockets.
  • Texture of the Kojave Airport are very very bright compared to the sand around. Maybe a glitch? uOqxQ3T.png
  • Cape Kerman has a strange name on the Launchpad with a lot of underlines. That's also the name with which it appears in the launchmenu. Maybe forgotten renaming/cleanup  hQ3EGI4.png

Edited by Rakete

6 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

It does not ;-) 

see here ;-) put the cursor on the blue github button and observe link target in your browser... minor thing

Would be helpfull for others, if the OP changed the link in his post to your above mentioned.

sXMuThU.png

Edited by Rakete

Just now, Rakete said:

It does not ;-) 

"the link in the OP targets directly an outdated release"  The current release is however, in the release section.
It has been this way since at least 2018 and I don't see that it is likely to be updated by the author soon.

yup... I hate when peeps use direct/deeper links, than just to the Releases page (/releases/).... do *that*, and you are guaranteed users *always* get directed to the most current release... and saves having the dev to go back & update OP *every* time they do a release to keep the link current.

• 3 weeks later...

Hum, sorry to ask, but among the "new runways" realm of possibilities, is there any chance of a flat version of the loooongest 4k km runway? Or a curved taxiway that fits it, its hard to use current taxiways with it as they're all flat compared... :blush:

Edited by tupidfp

• 2 weeks later...

@Caerfinon

Can you help? I have a floating decal or something at the South-Field-Runway, that partially covers the runway:

I thought I could remove it by opening KK-Menue, but I can't find it. The southfield decal just seems to be the big flatening decal below the floating one. but the floating piece is... somewhere else? It's also not in the instances window.

I thought, I ask you, because you seem to be a KK-expert and artist ;-) can you tell me what to do, to repair this?

eGqCzJ0.png

KSP 1.12.

Newest KK-Version

Win 10 22h2

Update:

It seems not to be a floating decal... a bit more like a piece of the ground ripped apart, in a way, that you can look under it:

Very strange:

jOW2dRE.png

Maybe it has something to do with Kopernicus? I am using Version 150. Had version 145 before.

@R-T-B Maybe something odd about the ground generation?

At least the newest kopernicus version repaired the KSC 2 for me, in a way, that the old-VAB does not spawn anymore in the middle of the KSC2-Runway brought to me by Kerbin side Remastered. Not sure what causes which effects.

Edited by Rakete

3 hours ago, Rakete said:

Maybe something odd about the ground generation?

I think it may be something to do with the weird terrain shader they added (atlas).  Just a guess, but try switching to shader quality high and see what happens.

The KSC2 being fixed was the focus of the recent releases.  All multipart PQScities now work (progressively better with each release as I fixed bugs).  I think the KSC2 is the only one actual multipart PQSCity, lol.

The old behavior is in release-145, but I doubt that will help you more than what you are seeing here?

Edited by R-T-B

5 hours ago, Rakete said:

Can you help? I have a floating decal or something at the South-Field-Runway, that partially covers the runway:

This occurs on some devices due to graphics settings that get interpreted incorrectly. 

I've had pretty good success by finding the Map-Decal that covers the area of deformed ground and simply resaving it. If the resaving doesn't work then adjusting the lat/lon of the map-decal a little bit (using the .01 or .001 increments) and then saving generally does the trick. Don't move any statics, just fiddle with the map-decals

South Lake and South Field in KSR exhibit this issue and a section of the Panocean Canal mod as well. Minor edits fix it.   

2 hours ago, R-T-B said:

I think it may be something to do with the weird terrain shader they added (atlas).  Just a guess, but try switching to shader quality high and see what happens.

The KSC2 being fixed was the focus of the recent releases.  All multipart PQScities now work (progressively better with each release as I fixed bugs).  I think the KSC2 is the only one actual multipart PQSCity, lol.

The old behavior is in release-145, but I doubt that will help you more than what you are seeing here?

In release 145 iirc both of the two airports worked correctl (but i am not totally sure anymore), but the KSC2 was broken with the old VAB partially standing on the runway and a spawnpoint on top of the old VAB instead of the old style launchpad

43 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

This occurs on some devices due to graphics settings that get interpreted incorrectly. 

I've had pretty good success by finding the Map-Decal that covers the area of deformed ground and simply resaving it. If the resaving doesn't work then adjusting the lat/lon of the map-decal a little bit (using the .01 or .001 increments) and then saving generally does the trick. Don't move any statics, just fiddle with the map-decals

South Lake and South Field in KSR exhibit this issue and a section of the Panocean Canal mod as well. Minor edits fix it.   

Will test this out as soon I have time do KSP stuff. Thx for the advice.

Edited by Rakete

@Caerfinon

Alllllright.... For Southfield your trick worked very well! :D Thank you very much! But for southlake even moving the Map decap did not work. Strange... :(

Update: For southlake: Adujsting the height of the map decal did the trick. Long and lat weren't enough... argh... dear KSP and it's strange behaviors some times... You always gotta fix the things by yourself. Thanks a lot Caerfinon!

Best wishes from central europe to your place.

Edited by Rakete

20 hours ago, Rakete said:

In release 145 iirc both of the two airports worked correctl (but i am not totally sure anymore), but the KSC2 was broken with the old VAB partially standing on the runway and a spawnpoint on top of the old VAB instead of the old style launchpad

Will test this out as soon I have time do KSP stuff. Thaxksfor the advice.

So where can we get the 1.45 verison so I can try it out.. and yes the KSC 2 site was really needed to be repaired/replace.d Because you don't put a VAB in the middle of a taxiway.

Space_Coyote

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, iterationAstro said:

so when is this going to be compatible with 1.12.x?

KK statics doesn't depend on KSP version, it only depends on Kerbal Konstructs version. What exactly is not working in KSP 1.12.x? 

• 1 month later...

ok what am i doing wrong here? On a clean install of KSP 1.12.5, the game immediately freezes on startup  at KerbinSideRemastered/Statics/Sounds/mbox_hum. I tried removing the sounds folder out of curiosity, but then it freezes on Squad/Alarms/Sounds/OldHorn. I'm pretty sure i'm running the current version of these mods as i just got them from space dock, today. On a fresh install, in my gamedata folder are the following:

• Squad
  • Squad Expansion
  • CustomPrelaunchChecks
  • KerbalKonstructs
  • KerbinSideRemastered
  • MM 4.2.2

The game loads with only KK and CPC, but i NEED KSR lol

8 minutes ago, KlunkWorks said:

ok what am i doing wrong here? On a clean install of KSP 1.12.5, the game immediately freezes on startup  at KerbinSideRemastered/Statics/Sounds/mbox_hum. I tried removing the sounds folder out of curiosity, but then it freezes on Squad/Alarms/Sounds/OldHorn. I'm pretty sure i'm running the current version of these mods as i just got them from space dock, today. On a fresh install, in my gamedata folder are the following:

• Squad
  • Squad Expansion
  • CustomPrelaunchChecks
  • KerbalKonstructs
  • KerbinSideRemastered
  • MM 4.2.2

The game loads with only KK and CPC, but i NEED KSR lol

NVM, I did't have KSR inside the Eskandare Heavy Industries folder. Love this mod!