[1.12.3] Rocket Sound Enhancement - Plugin: v0.9.6 - 07/09/22 | Config Pack: v1.2.4 - 07/09/22

ensou04

13 hours ago, 1straycat said:

I've noticed that I don't seem to be getting mach effects (besides sonic booms) in this release. Like, if I take off with the camera locked in front of the craft and accelerate past mach 1, in the previous version, the sound would weaken and disappear almost entirely at mach 1. Now it seems unchanged. Same for crossing into and out of the sonic cone when flying at supersonic speeds, I'll hear the boom, but there seems to be no change in sound otherwise, whereas it previously would be the transition either between engine sounds and silence.

I've encountered this issue as well. I've been able to get it working correctly by applying a different air sim quality, then switching back to the desired air sim. I have to do this every time I load up a new flight, and I haven't experimented with multiple atmospheric flights, but at least there's a workaround. 

Really love your work, but this mod begins stop me playing KSP since the last update.

By getting tons of

“[EXC 09:43:11.751] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    RocketSoundEnhancement.AudioFilters.AirSimulationFilter.OnDisable () (at <291f40d3d6db4209b489483e9d4aa7c3>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Behaviour:set_enabled(Boolean)
    RocketSoundEnhancement.PartModules.<SetupAudioSources>d__37:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)”

Edited by jebycheek

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 2:05 PM, KingTiger435 said:

For some reason the plugin sounds and stock sounds are both playing and I don't know how to avoid this, do I need to delete stock sounds? does this mod not go in gamedata? I'm not sure what to do...

Hey @KingTiger435 hope all is well 

Did you get this figured out or fixed yet? 

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to add this (Specifically, the air simulation, so sound attenuation and doppler effect) to Bd Armory; full disclosure, I have basically no modding or coding experience at all. 

That being said, I managed to add it for one of the BDA engines, the Saturn; but I'm mostly trying to add it to the gun and bomb sounds. I noticed that there are three different types of modules in the configs for other mods - engines, wheels, and rcs; I tried engine with the Abrams turret (it didn't work lol)

Is there any way to just have RSE add air sim to a sound with a line in the original part's config file, for example? I don't need to replace the sounds, just modify them so RSE adds sound attenuation and the doppler effect. It says

"Parts with RSE Modules will simulate realistic sound attenuation over distance, comb-filtering, and distortion. Game Events like distant explosions will now sound muffled just like in real life."

So basically I just need to add an rse module to the guns and bombs, but I'm not entirely sure how...

12 hours ago, Concodroid said:

So basically I just need to add an rse module to the guns and bombs, but I'm not entirely sure how...

https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki/Module-Manager-Handbook

something like:

@PART[somePart]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = RSE_Module
	}
}

I'm not sure if that's going to automatically apply to all the sounds the part makes, but that's how you add a module to something.

Edited by JonnyOThan

On 8/12/2023 at 9:22 AM, JonnyOThan said:

https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki/Module-Manager-Handbook

something like:

@PART[somePart]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = RSE_Module
	}
}

I'm not sure if that's going to automatically apply to all the sounds the part makes, but that's how you add a module to something.

Ah thanks. 

Do I put this in the part's config file or somewhere else? (Like I said, completely inexperienced, sorry :P)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2023 at 11:31 PM, jebycheek said:

Really love your work, but this mod begins stop me playing KSP since the last update.

By getting tons of

“[EXC 09:43:11.751] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    RocketSoundEnhancement.AudioFilters.AirSimulationFilter.OnDisable () (at <291f40d3d6db4209b489483e9d4aa7c3>:0)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)”

Then virtualalloc remapping failed, then kill my pathetic Microsoft Windows 11 explore.exe.:(

actually going to uninstall the mod due to all this spam making the console unreadable when trying to find other issues lol
which sucks because it adds amazing ambience

Edited by epicpupster239
premature post

• 3 weeks later...

RSE & RSE default configs just got updates!

On 8/24/2023 at 1:37 PM, epicpupster239 said:

actually going to uninstall the mod due to all this spam making the console unreadable when trying to find other issues lol
which sucks because it adds amazing ambience

Please post your log files so I can actually fix issues.

• 1 month later...

Looking for someone to point me in the right direction as to hunting down an issue where certain SRBs have their sound effects stuck on after burnout. I dont know if that might be an RSE issue or SWE ( Now RSMP )/Waterfall/Restock. So far it seems to do it with Bluedog SRBs only which seem to be using different sound effects as well.

KSP.log

Player.log

Mod List.

Edited by Motokid600

Are you planning of making sounds work at Luna Multiplayer too? Any of new sounds are silent on other players, except rover wheels seems to have sounds. I was excepting to hear propeller sounds, dobbler effect and sonic booms, and make them hear from lot further.

KSP vehicles cannot be heard very far away from, like real planes.

And plane close flyby should be very frightening sounding, ARMA 3 did it well.

Keep getting:

[EXC 11:26:29.179] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    RocketSoundEnhancement.AudioFilters.AirSimulationFilter.OnDisable () (at <9461ea4ebce9439c85245a4b18f930db>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

after a few rocket launch, and then it killed my game. it happened quit often.

Edited by jebycheek

47 minutes ago, jebycheek said:

Keep getting:

[EXC 11:26:29.179] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    RocketSoundEnhancement.AudioFilters.AirSimulationFilter.OnDisable () (at <9461ea4ebce9439c85245a4b18f930db>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

after a few rocket launch, and then it killed my game. it happened quit often.

Please *always* send the FULL log when reporting issues.

9 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Please *always* send the FULL log when reporting issues.

Yes, here it is. you will need to press the little green thing to download it first. Sorry I didn't find another easier way for you to browse it...

https://workdrive.zoho.com.cn/file/bgee21bce882a7abf42c48833d75ec2332fa8     

Edited by jebycheek

36 minutes ago, jebycheek said:

Yes, here it is. you will need to press the little green thing to download it first. Sorry I didn't find another easier way for you to browse it...

https://workdrive.zoho.com.cn/file/bgee21bce882a7abf42c48833d75ec2332fa8     

Uh...google drive?  Sorry, I'm not gonna create an account on a file sharing site to download logs..

You can send it to me on discord too if you want (JonnyOThan)

Edited by JonnyOThan

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Version 0.9.10 now available!

Changes

• Fixed NRE spam when a vessel is unloaded quickly after being loaded (often when crashing into terrain)
  • Massively reduce the memory impact of the comb filter
Edited by JonnyOThan

I installed this because sometimes my rocket engines would stop making any sounds. After installing this, it seems I now get no re-entry sounds. Oh well, a small sacrifice for the sake of being able to hear the wonderful sounds of my rockets.

53 minutes ago, silvermistshadow said:

I installed this because sometimes my rocket engines would stop making any sounds. After installing this, it seems I now get no re-entry sounds. Oh well, a small sacrifice for the sake of being able to hear the wonderful sounds of my rockets.

Yeah I think I introduced a bug regarding reentry in one of the recent versions…if theres any additional info you can provide it might be helpful.

• 3 weeks later...