Rational Resources 3.0.1 [Sep 23, 2024]

JadeOfMaar

So I messed around a bit with the configs to see if there was some obvious easy way to enable compatibility with SMURFF and I kinda got halfway there.

I started by removing the RRSquad addon, and then editing RRCompanion/CRP/TankTypes.cfg to remove the check for RRSquad and what I ended up with was all the new tank types showing up ingame, for most stock parts. Checking for the correct masses from SMURFF seems to have correctly applied to all the tanks that were previously added from CryoTanks, but all the new types added by RR still use the original mass.

For example the LF/Ox tank (FL-T800 Fuel Tank) mass reports as 0.119t as expected (0.5t in stock), but LqdOxygen reports as the stock 0.5t mass. Funny enough the Methalox tank ends up reporting 0t mass for some reason as well.

However in testing this, I noticed some odd behaviour with the original unmodified files. Using RRCompanion and RRSquad seems to produce two identical lists of 17 switchable parts in the VAB editor menu for some reason?

85167369f2.png

Which went away after doing my modification and thus only had one list of 17 switchable parts as you'd expect. There may be a bug in that case with the TankTypes.cfg

What I changed in RRCompanion/CRP/TankTypes.cfg is this part of every @PART config:

:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,CryoTanks,RationalResourcesSquad,!ClassicStock]:AFTER[zzz_CryoTanks]

to this:

:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,CryoTanks,!ClassicStock]:AFTER[zzz_CryoTanks]

This is where my knowledge extends to, and I am unable to go further in testing. I do hope it can help give an idea of how to fix it, which was my main purpose.

Edited by UltraJohn

• 4 weeks later...

Release 1.44

• Added compatibility (excluding template adaptation) for The Gold Standard.
  • Balance pass in RationalResourcesNuclearFamily. Lower Isp propellants are ensured greater thrust and oxidating agent NTRs have greater baseline thrust due to default lower Isp.
  • Changed (most if not all) exo resources to liquid form and exo scoop modules to suit.
  • Deleted redundant CO2 generators.
  • Fixed RR_MetallicOre issue when CRP not installed (hopefully).
  • Fixed issues with Kerbalism + WBI Pathfinder.
  • Rewrote and divided RR Omniconverter recipes between basic, CRP and Classic Stock.
  • Tagged all engines except the open cycle one in Kerbal Atomics for RationalResourcesNuclearFamily.

On 3/24/2023 at 10:06 AM, allabast said:

awesome work! but installing Pathfinder with this update seems to break atmo/exo harvesters...the drills and converters seem to work fine but the pathfinder atmo scoops only have "compress oxygen", the demo exoscoop is completely devoid of modules, and the size 3 lasso doesn't exist at all. tried digging through logs but couldn't find a specific culprit, here's my modlist (https://pastebin.com/30AuCnb2) and log https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpa8qcbhdyhn0zg/Player.log?dl=0

I do believe I've resolved your issue(s). Part of it was that I generally treat Pathfinder and WBI as conflicting systems so I didn't look out for issues that arise from both being installed. Strangely, the size 3 lasso didn't go missing for me so something else in your install may be committing a crime. :ph34r:

@UltraJohn I've slipped in that basic Gold Standard support. Haven't gotten around to checking SMURFF yet.

@dangaffa RRNF update, so you know.

Hi !

I'm not sure it's the apropriate place to report this, so sory in advance if it's the case ;)

When using both B9PS and IFS which is usually no problem, but in top of that Rational Ressources Squad and Rational Ressources Companion, it throws errors when selecting  a squad tank in VAB, it's still usable, but really impractical.. Also fatal error on ksp launch concerning restock plus radial monop fuel cell (patched by RRCompanion).

Maybe a patch to consider (on which mod I don't know), or at least some kind of Ckan warning/mod thread warning on mod conflicts ?

I'm guessing this is RR issue, but sorry again for my poor kerbal judgment if it's not the case !

Screen bellow, as well as ksp.log/mm log If you need to poke at them, cheers :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yptzlw66q2u7u12/Player.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lterynr0ott3nm6/ModuleManager.log?dl=0

fT6v3Dx.png

@kurgut @UltraJohn I think you too will be happy with this update. About SMURFF, I have not experienced the dual fuel switch menu problem, and Ore tank mass did not change after prepping compatibility with those. Is it supposed to change or did I miss something?

Release 1.45

• Added KPBS ISRU support by @CoriW
  • Added detection for InterstellarFuelSwitch (do nothing) and SMURFF (required compatibility) to RationalResourcesSquad.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Getting a odd error for Blacksmith portion of the mod.

I have RR, Baclksmith, Companion, EL-CRP, Kerbalism, Nuclear and RCS installed of the RR family. Plus a whole lotta other mods. Seems a odd thing for a mod incompatibility so figured I'd post first.

[WRN 18:32:36.488] Warning on PartSubtype Work1 on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='Blacksmith') on part Large.Crewed.Lab: Could not find matching module
[EXC 18:32:36.489] Exception: Could not find matching module
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleMatcher.FindModule (Part part) (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleModifierInfo+<CreatePartModifiers>d__10.MoveNext () (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
	B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.Setup (B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch parent, System.Boolean displayWarnings) (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype:Setup(ModuleB9PartSwitch, Boolean)
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch:InitializeSubtypes(Boolean)
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch:GetInfo()
	PartLoader:CompilePartInfo(AvailablePart, Part)
	<CompileParts>d__56:PartLoader+<CompileParts>d__56.MoveNext_Patch0(<CompileParts>d__56)
	KSPCommunityFixes.Performance.<FrameUnlockedCoroutine>d__62:MoveNext()
	KSPCommunityFixes.Performance.<PartLoader_CompileAll>d__58:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[WRN 18:32:36.504] DontDestroyOnLoad only works for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 18:32:36.506] Warning on PartSubtype Work2 on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='Blacksmith') on part Large.Crewed.Lab: Could not find matching module
[EXC 18:32:36.506] Exception: Could not find matching module
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleMatcher.FindModule (Part part) (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleModifierInfo+<CreatePartModifiers>d__10.MoveNext () (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
	B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.Setup (B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch parent, System.Boolean displayWarnings) (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	<CompileParts>d__56:PartLoader+<CompileParts>d__56.MoveNext_Patch0(<CompileParts>d__56)
[WRN 18:32:36.508] DontDestroyOnLoad only works for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 18:32:36.509] Warning on PartSubtype Work3 on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='Blacksmith') on part Large.Crewed.Lab: Could not find matching module
[EXC 18:32:36.509] Exception: Could not find matching module
[WRN 18:32:36.510] DontDestroyOnLoad only works for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 18:32:36.510] Warning on PartSubtype Work4 on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='Blacksmith') on part Large.Crewed.Lab: Could not find matching module
[EXC 18:32:36.510] Exception: Could not find matching module

37 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

and SMURFF (required compatibility) to RationalResourcesSquad.

Just loaded it up to check. I can say that it looks like the fuel tanks and engines are properly detected now! Loading up the stock craft Kerbal-X provides a delta-v reading of 8800m/s, compared to roughly 8900m/s without RR installed, which is very close to the same now. Not sure what exactly causes the tiny deviation, but I suppose it's close enough? :)

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Ore tank mass did not change after prepping compatibility with those. Is it supposed to change or did I miss something?

Yes, these are still reverting back to their stock mass. I checked the stock "Large Holding Tank" which is 2t in stock, 0.25t in SMURFF, but back to 2t with RR installed. So it looks like you'll need a similar patch for the ore tanks as well. I think you could look at the SMURFF.cfg to see all of the tank types that are being patched. There might be a few others as well apart from Ore, that I haven't noticed yet. you can ctrl-f the file for any lines starting with // **

For example:
qjwcgnQ.png

I think that'll help track down every missing type, although as far as I can tell, it's only the ore tanks that are missing the compatibility patch now. I will update you later on if I run into any other "broken" tank types.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I very much appreciate it!

1 hour ago, Nori said:

Getting a odd error for Blacksmith portion of the mod.

I'll need to see a zip file containing these files and folders:

• <KSP folder>/Logs/ModuleManager/
  • <KSP folder>/KSP.log
  • <KSP folder>/GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache
1 hour ago, Nori said:

Seems a odd thing for a mod incompatibility

This is natural when you're very heavily modded. A mod like mine which already tries to work well with any one or two of many mods is to be expected to break somewhere when many mods are piled on at once, mods that the particular modmaker doesn't use, and compatibility between any 2 of those other mods was never guaranteed. There's either a chance of "A+B=yes; A+C=yes; A+(B+C)=no" or a chance of some other mod "D" that has decided to do what A does, making it a conflict with A.

This must be a case of mod "D" because I would expect that System Heat is the reason that B9PS is making noise concerning Blacksmith, but System Heat is handled by Blacksmith.

@UltraJohn But I did look at that SMURFF config. That's why RR Squad now works with SMURFF. Ah well, I guess there might be an added complexity in RR itself that needs ot be accounted for. Do note that tanks outside of RR Squad are being handled by SMURFF.cfg within RR Companion (at least as long as it exists at all or at the linked location) .

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'll need to see a zip file containing these files and folders:

• <KSP folder>/KSP.log

This is natural when you're very heavily modded. A mod like mine which already tries to work well with any one or two of many mods is to be expected to break somewhere when many mods are piled on at once, mods that the particular modmaker doesn't use, and compatibility between any 2 of those other mods was never guaranteed. There's either a chance of "A+B=yes; A+C=yes; A+(B+C)=no" or a chance of some other mod "D" that has decided to do what A does, making it a conflict with A.

This must be a case of mod "D" because I would expect that System Heat is the reason that B9PS is making noise concerning Blacksmith, but System Heat is handled by Blacksmith.

@UltraJohn But I did look at that SMURFF config. That's why RR Squad now works with SMURFF. Ah well, I guess there might be an added complexity in RR itself that needs ot be accounted for. Do note that tanks outside of RR Squad are being handled by SMURFF.cfg within RR Companion (at least as long as it exists at all or at the linked location) .

Here are the logs. https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5r7a4t8p953p38/KSP.zip?dl=0

There is a MM error that has somehow popped up so it won't make the cache file. I'm racking my head trying to figure out what I changed because I wasn't getting these 01_Opt-in_Drills errors before..

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@kurgut @UltraJohn I think you too will be happy with this update. About SMURFF, I have not experienced the dual fuel switch menu problem, and Ore tank mass did not change after prepping compatibility with those. Is it supposed to change or did I miss something?

Release 1.45

• Added KPBS ISRU support by @CoriW
  • Added detection for InterstellarFuelSwitch (do nothing) and SMURFF (required compatibility) to RationalResourcesSquad.

Thanks ! 

This indeed solved stock tanks issue, great !

But I do still get this start warning about restock plus, iirc it's your patch in rational ressource companion, the part in question is named "restock-apu-radial-1".
9jK1f5y.png

13 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Comparing the original SMURFF config to your RR Companion SMURFF ore config, the only difference I can spot is that you changed

%resourcemass = #$RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$

to

%resourcemass = #$refVolume$

I have no idea if this change has that effect on it working or not, but I figured I'd mention it just in case.

As for everything else, I've been comparing various numbers on various parts to see how they compare, and so far it's almost exactly the same mass as the original SMURFF config, with a tiny deviation like I mentioned in my other post. I looked it over a bit more today to figure out why, and I think this could be caused by the RR tanks being converted to a structural tank as the default option.

If you for example compare the stock FL-T800 tank with Liquidfuel+Oxidizer using SMURFF, it's at 0.119t dry mass. If you then add RR and compare it again, the structural tank is still 0.119t, but once you convert it to a Liquidfuel+Oxidizer tank, the dry mass is now 0.143t, but this should technically be 0.119t. So it seems like it's adding some tiny extra mass somewhere, due to the structural tank being the "zero" point, where the original SMURFF had the Liquidfuel+Oxidizer as the "zero" point, if that makes sense. But I honestly think it's up to you whether or not you think this small difference is worth using your time on, as it's close enough in my opinion. The only thing left is to get the ore tanks mass working. Crossing my fingers it's an easy fix :)

Thanks for your time.

Edit: I think I figured out the problem with the ore tanks. in RationalResourcesCompanion/CRP/Opt-in_OreTanks.cfg you have this on line 5:

@refVolume *= 5

Removing this line makes the mass match the SMURFF values.

Edited by UltraJohn

2 hours ago, UltraJohn said:

Removing this line makes the mass match the SMURFF values.

Thanks for spotting. I'd rather not do that, though, as I'll cause Ore tanks to hold 1/5 what amounts they hold now or by default. Slipping a div by 5 into the process in the Ore tank SMURFF config works.

@PART:HAS[#RROreTank[isSet],~SMURFFExclude[*rue]]:NEEDS[SMURFF]:AFTER[RationalResourcesCompanion]
{
	%reservedmass = 0
	%initialmass = #$mass$
	refType = Ore

%resourcemass = #$refVolume$
	@resourcemass /= 5 // Somehow, the default buff of refVolume is counterintuitive so cancel it

13 hours ago, Nori said:

There is a MM error that has somehow popped up so it won't make the cache file. I'm racking my head trying to figure out what I changed because I wasn't getting these 01_Opt-in_Drills errors before..

An oversight with the compatibility config for the KPBS drill and Kerbalism compatibility. I don't use KPBS myself so it's unlikely for me to remember that KPBS has its own modules for many functions. Sorry. If you can, open GameData/RationalResourcesCompanion/00_DrillOMatics_Opt-in.cfg and delete lines 30~35 (the section where KPBS drills are tagged). That will make this problem go away.

Looks like I've fixed it but I'll wait on kurgut below before doing another release. That said, I don't believe I actually fixed your prior Blacksmith problem. I have not seen anything that connects to it in your logs, and it seems to have been replaced by this new problem.

13 hours ago, kurgut said:

But I do still get this start warning about restock plus, iirc it's your patch in rational ressource companion, the part in question is named "restock-apu-radial-1".

I'll need you to name the mod that messes with the Restock APU or zip and share these files and folders (in a single zip file, to be clear):

• <KSP folder>/KSP.log

18 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Slipping a div by 5 into the process in the Ore tank SMURFF config works.

Yep that fixed it. Thanks!

Since you added the small compatibility patch for TheGoldStandard, would it be too much to ask that you also included the 3 resources (Gold, GoldOre, Unobtanium) as a switchable tank type? That would be fantastic. I know it's not technically part of CRP or ClassicStock.

Edit: In case you do want to add it, I made some configs for you, that should be easy to integrate.

Tank definitions:

Spoiler
B9_TANK_TYPE:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,TheGoldStandard]
{
	name = RR_Gold
	title = Gold
	tankMass = 0
	tankCost = 0

RESOURCE
	{
		name = Gold
		unitsPerVolume = 1
		percentFilled = 0
	}
}
{
	name = RR_GoldOre
	title = Gold Ore
	tankMass = 0
	tankCost = 0

RESOURCE
	{
		name = GoldOre
		unitsPerVolume = 0.2
		percentFilled = 0
	}
}

{
	name = RR_Unobtainium
	title = Unobtainium
	tankMass = 0
	tankCost = 0

RESOURCE
	{
		name = Unobtainium
		unitsPerVolume = 0.06666666666 // volume is equal to 1/3rd of ore volume. should be 0.2/3 = 0.0666666666666 repeating. Don't know if there's a better way to do this
		percentFilled = 0
	}
}

and the subtypes for the tank switcher:

Spoiler
		SUBTYPE:NEEDS[TheGoldStandard]
		{
			name = RRtankGoldOre
			title = Gold Ore
			tankType = RR_GoldOre
			primaryColor = Amber
			secondaryColor = Amber
		}
		{
			name = RRtankGold
			title = Gold
			tankType = RR_Gold
			primaryColor = Yellow
			secondaryColor = Yellow
		}
		{
			name = RRtankUnobtainium
			title = Unobtainium
			tankType = RR_Unobtainium
			primaryColor = DarkIndigo
			secondaryColor = DarkIndigo
		}

Don't know if there's a better way to calculate the UnitsPerVolume for Unobtanium, but it's supposed to be 3 times more dense than Ore. So it would be 0.2/3 = 0.06666666 repeating. That puts the small holding tank at 100 Unobtanium, which is in line with TheGoldStandards own tank.

Edit 2: Here's a zip with the configs which can be installed as an "extras" module. Anyone can feel free to use this and/or modify it.

Edited by UltraJohn

So I've been getting these messages during loading since the last update, "41 errors related to GameData/RationalResourcesKerbalism/01_Opt-in_Drills.cfg." Any insight? I will say it was over 100 till I took out those 5 lines posted above in "GameData/RationalResourcesCompanion/00_DrillOMatics_Opt-in.cfg." But there's still 41 in the other .cfg.

Edited by Shocker

29 minutes ago, Shocker said:

So I've been getting these messages during loading since the last update, "41 errors related to GameData/RationalResourcesKerbalism/01_Opt-in_Drills.cfg." Any insight? I will say it was over 100 till I took out those 5 lines posted above in "GameData/RationalResourcesCompanion/00_DrillOMatics_Opt-in.cfg." But there's still 41 in the other .cfg.

Sorry about that. I mentioned it above:

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

An oversight with the compatibility config for the KPBS drill and Kerbalism compatibility.

I've posted the fixes. Since you showed up and I'm still on the scene here, I shouldn't wait to do so anymore.

Release 1.45.1

• Fixed unforeseen problems with KPBS and Kerbalism.
  • Fixed minor problem with Ore tanks and SMURFF.

3 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Sorry about that. I mentioned it above:

I've posted the fixes. Since you showed up and I'm still on the scene here, I shouldn't wait to do so anymore.

Release 1.45.1

• Fixed unforeseen problems with KPBS and Kerbalism.
  • Fixed minor problem with Ore tanks and SMURFF.

Sorry, I missed that past in the hustle of it all. With loading up 1.45.1 as is I have 80 errors.  "80 errors related to GameData/RationalResourcesKerbalism/01_Opt-in_Drills.cfg." Out of curiosity, how much of a problem will this be in the game? 

4 hours ago, Shocker said:

With loading up 1.45.1 as is I have 80 errors.

Well that's just wonderful. Somehow the fix literally got "lost in translation" (between my game and GitHub), or, a very obvious problem that should've appeared immediately, didn't (for me). But now it does.  :/

The problem is just with the Squad drills (they should be unusable and may crah KSP if you try to use them right now) but drills from supported parts mods should be just fine. I'll post this next fix in a couple of hours.

10 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'll need you to name the mod that messes with the Restock APU or zip and share these files and folders (in a single zip file, to be clear):

• <KSP folder>/KSP.log

Not sure, could be on demand fuel cells but I doubt it, I also have dynamic battery storage, kspie, among "few" other things..

Sure, there it is :) 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g03cybs1gvbcecr/KSP logs for RR issue.7z?dl=0

4 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Yep. That mod will pass for the villain. It deletes and replaces ModuleResourceConverter with its own module. See here: ODFC/Compat/ResotckPlus.

Oh indeed, didn't figure it deleted the stock module,

I'll remove it then, I don't use much anyway.

Thanks ! :) 

6 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Yep. That mod will pass for the villain. It deletes and replaces ModuleResourceConverter with its own module. See here: ODFC/Compat/ResotckPlus.

Is on demand fuel cell then hard incompatible with RR ?

If yes, could use some warnings in ckan or the thread ! ;) Or maybe I missed it, in that case oups..!

12 hours ago, kurgut said:

Is on demand fuel cell then hard incompatible with RR ?

Yep. I'll have to set my fuel cell patches to not activate if ODFC is present rather than have mods marked as incompatible on CKAN. I'm not inclined to try to build upon what that mod does, yet I acknowledge that it's one of those things that should've been stock in the first place.

On another note:

I just happened to write a config to adapt EL converters to System Heat. Confirmed working (error-free, but not actually play-tested) on EL itself, SandCastle and KPBS but it won't work for mods like Keridian Dynamics which already use the stock converter modules with their own recipes.

I'm considering making this into a sub-feature of RR Blacksmith or merge it into RR EL-CRP.

Thoughts, anyone?

image.png image.png

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'm considering making this into a sub-feature of RR Blacksmith or merge it into RR EL-CRP.

Thoughts, anyone?

Probably either a standalone feature, or merge it with EL-CRP (but then rename EL-CRP to something else more suited).

I'd like to use the System Heat patch, but I don't have an interest in using Blacksmith.

Release 1.46

• Added Extra: RationalResourcesELUtilities.
    • This includes EL CRP and adds System Heat integration (but it changes the EL converter modules for System Heat's extension of stock converter modules). @UltraJohn @Aebestach come and try it out.
    • Confirmed with EL, SandCastle and KPBS. ElectricCharge or heat output values may be subject to change. Does not currently support mods that aren't using EL modules by default (so: Keridian Dynamics is out). This might change.
  • Added detection for On Demand Fuel Cells (do nothing to fuel cells; prevent conflict).
  • Added KPBS Ore and LFO tanks support.
  • Balance pass on Kerbalism drills. Apparently they were at 20% of baseline performance.
  • Deprecated Extra: RationalResourcesELCRP.
  • Fixed unforeseen problems with Squad drills and Kerbalism.

CKAN metadata request for @HebaruSan :)

• RationalResourcesELUtilities
    • title?: Rational Resources EL Utilities
    • desc: Provides integrations for Extraplanetary Launchpads
    • tags: config
    • requires: Extraplanetary Launchpads
    • provided by: Rational Resources; find in <download>/Extras/
    • suggests: System Heat; Community Resource Pack
  • RationalResourcesELCRP
    • desc: Deprecated. Please see: RationalResourcesELUtilities
    • (The folder for this is empty now except for the README to not cause overlap problems)
Edited by JadeOfMaar

Just now, UltraJohn said:

Could you elaborate on what this means?

EL uses its own custom resource converter ELConverter. There obviously won't be a means to link this module to System Heat so I have to replace ELConverter with System Heat's module ModuleSystemHeatConverter which is an extension of the stock ModuleResourceConverter.

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

EL uses its own custom resource converter ELConverter. There obviously won't be a means to link this module to System Heat so I have to replace ELConverter with System Heat's module ModuleSystemHeatConverter which is an extension of the stock ModuleResourceConverter.

Ah gotcha, that makes sense. Thanks!