[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

3 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Huh .. is it not the same info? I don't really use these babies, since I have TWP.

Yes you are right, same information just different style. Few days ago Mitokandria mentioned she is working on a 10x subway style map and i thought maybe someone already made a "normal" 1/4 scaled version.
I can definitly use the packed version which is for sure great or TWP :D

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

Not that I've ever seen.

Thx for the info :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, im having a trouble running jnsq, gpp, gpp secondary, and kk all at once. When all four are installed my game will go through the loading screen and then freeze at the end. While it's frozen its ram usage will increase slowly until it eventually crashes my pc. Removing anyone of the four mods solves the issue. I have reproduced this three times, each on a fresh ksp install. I have noticed that at least two people before me have encountered a similar problem with these mods but their solutions have not worked for me. Restarting the game just results in the same thing and the only mods I have installed are the above four and their dependencies.

Here is my player log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s6YUG4y6Oew45_1nPJRkkyAla9Z3oKJv/view?usp=sharing

Please let me know if I need to include more information or change something about this post to make it more convenient for people to help.

Having the same issue sadly. Assumed that it was the extra size of the 2.5 scale that was responsible but unsure if that's a thing. Was able to run a much larger modlist when rescaling JNSQ down to 1.0, but can't get it to work default with GPP installed as a secondary and rescaled. Previous posted mentioned others having the issue and potential fixes so going to try those before submitting anything here.

So I decided to start the game up without the GPP pack for now figuring I can likely add it in later if I want and decided to give the 10x variant a go. It's been a lot of fun so far. Definitely a huge change and challenge when it takes around 10k dv just getting into orbit. Still in the early phases of trying to get my early remote tech sats in orbit but I'm enjoying the new way I have to approach the game in general. Can't wait to see how much later stages are going to hurt. lol

43 minutes ago, Toaster355 said:

Oh okay, thanks mate

Another quick question; does this mod support AVP or Spectra?

No, it does not. There used to be a compatibility bridge pack between AVP and JNSQ, but it's been abandoned and deprecated unfortunately.

On 7/7/2023 at 4:18 PM, Amalia said:

Yes you are right, same information just different style. Few days ago Mitokandria mentioned she is working on a 10x subway style map and i thought maybe someone already made a "normal" 1/4 scaled version.
I can definitly use the packed version which is for sure great or TWP :D

Thx for the info :)

Oh that's easy I can do that easy-peasy since the info is already there in another format. I'll try to put that together this weekend. I also prefer the subway map style of DeltaV maps.

23 hours ago, SpudNutimus said:

No, it does not. There used to be a compatibility bridge pack between AVP and JNSQ, but it's been abandoned and deprecated unfortunately.

Dang okay, I'm just really bothered by the low res cloud textures.

• 2 weeks later...

How should the DSN modifier and range modifier be set? I have it like this:

requireSignalForControl = False
plasmaBlackout = False
rangeModifier = 2.61
DSNModifier = 1
occlusionMultiplierVac = 1
occlusionMultiplierAtm = 1
enableGroundStations = True

Is it right?

2 hours ago, Saturn1234 said:

How should the DSN modifier and range modifier be set?

According to the notes on the Releases page:

• When starting new saves under JNSQ, we advise that you enter Difficulty Settings and raise the DSN modifier to 4x. JNSQ applies a patch to increase antenna range by 4x, so leave the range modifier at 1 (changing it triggers a bug that may prevent science transmission).
Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

3 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

According to the notes on the Releases page:

• When starting new saves under JNSQ, we advise that you enter Difficulty Settings and raise the DSN modifier to 4x. JNSQ applies a patch to increase antenna range by 4x, so leave the range modifier at 1 (changing it triggers a bug that may prevent science transmission).

Yeah, I'm sorry. Thanks

hello everyone. Currently looking for a combination of planetary mods that I like, currently I have installed JNSQ 1X scaled + kcalbaloh. I have also installed Scarerert 0.70 and EVE redux. Hope the game runs stable.

5 hours ago, TrashleyKat said:

I've been searching for hours, does anyone have a solution to this issue?

Hello and welcome to the forums.

In order to help you, we need more information for you. A screen shot isn't enough. Please read this thread and if the issue isn't resolved, please provide us with logs and a modlist (at least).

Edited by ThreePounds

6 hours ago, TrashleyKat said:

I've been searching for hours, does anyone have a solution to this issue?

It looks like the cloud height might have to be raised.  Though I'm not sure why that would be a problem now when it use to work fine.

Is that Eve, or perhaps Huygen?  You might try the following patch.  8500 is the current cloud height on Eve, you'll need to increase that number.

@EVE_CLOUDS:AFTER[JNSQ]
{
	@OBJECT:HAS[#name[Eve_Clouds]]
	{
		@altitude = 8500
	}
}

If you are unfamiliar with ModuleManager patches, just copy the above, save it as a plain text file with a .cfg extension, and place it anywhere inside your GameData folder.

12 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Maybe check your scatterer version - JNSQ requires 0.7x, not the latest which is 0.8

8 hours ago, OhioBob said:

It looks like the cloud height might have to be raised.  Though I'm not sure why that would be a problem now when it use to work fine.

Is that Eve, or perhaps Huygen?  You might try the following patch.  8500 is the current cloud height on Eve, you'll need to increase that number.

@EVE_CLOUDS:AFTER[JNSQ]
{
	@OBJECT:HAS[#name[Eve_Clouds]]
	{
		@altitude = 8500
	}
}

If you are unfamiliar with ModuleManager patches, just copy the above, save it as a plain text file with a .cfg extension, and place it anywhere inside your GameData folder.

I’m using the latest JNSQ, Kopernicus, EVE, and scatterer 0.7x

The Lindor V mission was the finale to completing my JNSQ career save.  Huygen is probably the prettiest moon to visit, though was on the same challenge level as Eve.

A big thanks to the mod team for making this planet pack.