[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11

Sir Mortimer

I have placed this at Skyhawk but now also here. So if anyone has any ideas...

I have a problem with Skyhawks Kerbalism-config and SSPX. The inflatable modules are already inflated in the VAB and cannot be folded together, so I have now replaced the config with the original from Kerbalism. Now it works. However, I can't move any Kerbals into the module afterwards. The modules have Kerbalism living space but no slots for Kerbals. Likewise, I cannot configure any life support systems.
From this point of view, a mix of both configs would be good. But I don't know where to start. Both configs are largely identical.

Can anyone help?

@Cheesecake Perhaps Skyhawk has configs elsewhere that affect the SSPXr parts and are breaking harder. (Let's say that there are 2 sets of configs that work together and both need to be deleted or changed, but in only dealing with 1, the remainder breaks in a new way.)

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Cheesecake Perhaps Skyhawk has configs elsewhere that affect the SSPXr parts and are breaking harder. (Let's say that there are 2 sets of configs that work together and both need to be deleted or changed, but in only dealing with 1, the remainder breaks in a new way.)

I've already thought about that. But I had already searched through all the configs and found nothing. Everything is set up similarly to the Kerbalism config.

Edited by Cheesecake

The kerbalism planner does not calculate the solar panel output, except for two curved solar panels from NFE.

In electric charge supply information, most solar panels are in the "othres" category.

37 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

The kerbalism planner does not calculate the solar panel output, except for two curved solar panels from NFE.

In electric charge supply information, most solar panels are in the "othres" category.

Find out why, for some planet pack, KopernicusSolarPanel was used to replace ModuleDeployableSolarPanel to provide Solar Panel support for multiple suns.

Edited by Iso-Polaris

On 12/30/2023 at 11:13 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Howdy. CRP used to include baseline resource placement configs, but at some point, RoverDude decided to have these configs ship with MKS, as a result of a rough period for me and him where players wanted to use RR and MKS together but some of the difficulties brought on by RR will gum up the works with MKS. Now, players have to choose between RR, MKS or planet packs (home system switchers) that have custom configs for resource placement.

You may install just Rational Resources for the resource placement and easily skip Rational Resources Companion which delivers the ISRU changes. I intended from the beginning for Companion to be totally avoidable if you want just the resource placement. But for the things that depend on that (including Rational Resources Kerbalism)... it can't be helped.

Sorry about that. I believe I found your rant and answered it. Feel free to point out more issues if they persist. I'll take them on.

The percentages exceeding 100% are in case of the off chance that players use the resource abundance nerf in the difficulty settings menu. The value, post-nerf, would still be > 100% so certain resources that are meant to always be available continue to be always available.

Thanks for the reply! Just so I'm understanding correctly, I would need to install Rational Resources Companion in addition to the base Rational Resources to get surface water in the crust when using Kerbalism?

Why does the actual solar power is only half of what the planner tells me on home planet , I made sure the exposure at nearly 100% around the orbit of home planet, should it give me 100% right ? not 50%.

Is there any documentation that explains how to create a custom Kerbalism profile? I need to make a custom profile but I can't get it to function; this means that I am clearly missing something or doing something wrong, but I have no idea how to tell what is going wrong. Is there any documentation on this?

Edited by septemberWaves

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 6:13 PM, Iso-Polaris said:

Why does the actual solar power is only half of what the planner tells me on home planet , I made sure the exposure at nearly 100% around the orbit of home planet, should it give me 100% right ? not 50%.

Can you post a screenshot of your vessel?

On 1/6/2024 at 11:14 AM, septemberWaves said:

Is there any documentation that explains how to create a custom Kerbalism profile? I need to make a custom profile but I can't get it to function; this means that I am clearly missing something or doing something wrong, but I have no idea how to tell what is going wrong. Is there any documentation on this?

In what way is it not functioning? Refusing to load Kerbalism? Loading the default profile? Loading a null profile?

On 1/16/2024 at 7:23 PM, lordcirth said:

In what way is it not functioning? Refusing to load Kerbalism? Loading the default profile? Loading a null profile?

I assume the "null profile" is what is happening. The planner still exists but most actual features of Kerbalism (e.g. life support) are completely absent if I try to load up the game with a custom profile.

Hey everyone! I'm having a bit of trouble getting Kerbalism and TAC Life Support to play together. I downloaded Kerbalism with the science only config, as I was under the impression that the science only config wouldn't interfere with any other life support mods. However, every time I open up the game I get this message. 

M3Tug9c.jpeg

This "Unloaded Vessel Processing" setting is pretty important, since it keeps all crafts up to date on life support. Is there a fix to this issue that doesn't involve disabling that TAC setting? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't like that the 3.18  change (Fix #851) made it impossible to have both RDU and TV on the same part, as was previously the case, so I wanted to increase the number of configure slots to 2. I tried the following MM patches (and tried messing with the filter too ) but  couldn't get it to work.  I can't seem to get my MM patches to work half the time anyway.  I ended up just directly editing the slots in the original sickbay.cfg in GameData\KerbalismConfig\System

Just posting this in case anyone might want to do the same or knows why patches didn't work.

//  Increases the number of sickbay slots from 1 to 2 so you can have both RDU and TV
@PART[*]:HAS[#AddConfigurableSickbay]:Needs[Kerbalism]:FINAL
{
	-MODULE[Configure]
	MODULE
	{
		name = Configure
		title = Sickbay Modules
		slots = 2 //1 
		SETUP
		{
			name = None
			desc = Empty slot for mass and cost savings.
		}
	}
}

//  Increases the number of sickbay slots from 1 to 2 so you can have both RDU and TV
@PART[*]:HAS[#AddConfigurableSickbay]:Needs[Kerbalism]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[Configure]
	{
		@slots = 2 //1 
	}
}

@kerbnub The "AddConfigurableSickbay" flag is removed by this patch during the AFTER[zzzKerbalismDefault] phase of patching, so won't be available to use as a test condition during FINAL, Unfortunately that's the same patching phase that sets up the number of config slots earlier in the same file, so you need a different approach to override this. Try (untested):

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[Configure]:HAS[#title[Sickbay?Modules]]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[Configure]:HAS[#title[Sickbay?Modules]]
	{
		@slots = 2 // 1
	}
}

2 hours ago, kerbnub said:

Appreciate the reply but that one doesn't work either >.<

Oops, slight typo with a missing bracket, but I've now tested it on an instance of KSP with just Kerbalism installed and it seems to work correctly.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[Configure]:HAS[#title[Sickbay?Modules]]]:FINAL
{
	{
		@slots = 2 // 1
	}
}
Spoiler

gkA45ID.png

Hello, I recently launched one of the SENTINEL telescopes into orbit. Everything seems fine in the VAB but when I launch it it says it will take 23,800 years to complete. Worse, this number seems to be increasing instead of decreasing.  I would like the 660 science this experiment provides, so a fix would be really helpful.

but its effectiveness gets reduced with speed.

a more likely culprit, though, may be electricity. i haven't paid much attention since it wasn't my focus, but some science experiments require a lot of electricity, and they run slower withiout.

i am pretty sure, in any case, the sentinel telescope still requires many years to collect its science in the first place.

3 hours ago, space_otter said:

I have an antenna which claims to have 65 kb/s. I think that should be enough.

The experiment says it needs 1.26 MB/s to transmit the data as quickly as it is generated, and in total it generates 289 TB of data over 25 years, so that is far too low unless you were planning to try to store the data and return it to Kerbin every time you run out of data storage. Personally, I waited until I had researched an antenna which could transmit at over 1 MB/s before launching any SENTINEL probes. Of course, that cost 1000 science, so I only researched the topic when I wanted the antennas to send probes further into the solar system, since there wouldn't be much point spending 1000 to eventually get 660 and for no other reason.

2 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

but its effectiveness gets reduced with speed.

a more likely culprit, though, may be electricity. i haven't paid much attention since it wasn't my focus, but some science experiments require a lot of electricity, and they run slower withiout.

i am pretty sure, in any case, the sentinel telescope still requires many years to collect its science in the first place.

It's not electricity with the SENTINEL telescope - The experiment only needs 1.91 EC/s.

Edited by AmanitaVerna

On 2/16/2024 at 9:55 PM, AmanitaVerna said:

The experiment says it needs 1.26 MB/s to transmit the data as quickly as it is generated

Ok, that makes sense. I probably read the thing wrong. I don't have a lot of science right now, so antennas aren't an option. Does adding extra antennas increase bandwidth (i.e. if I add say an extra three antennas with 60 kb/s of bandwidth the data rate will rise to 180 kb/s ?) 

Edited by space_otter
Spelling

5 minutes ago, space_otter said:

Ok, that makes sense. I probably read the thing wrong. I don't have a lot of science right now, so antennas aren't an option. Does adding extra antennas increase bandwidth (i.e. if I add say an extra three antennas with 60 kb/s of bandwidth the dat rate will rise to 180 kb/s ?) 

Nope, unfortunately, that won't help. The Kerbalism wiki says that additional antennas don't increase the bandwidth, it can only counteract losses due to distance (which shouldn't be a factor for the SENTINEL since you can only do the experiment near Kerbin): https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/wiki/PlayGuide-~-Signal

On 2/13/2024 at 8:35 AM, Aelfhe1m said:

Oops, slight typo with a missing bracket, but I've now tested it on an instance of KSP with just Kerbalism installed and it seems to work correctly.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[Configure]:HAS[#title[Sickbay?Modules]]]:FINAL
{
	{
		@slots = 2 // 1
	}
}
  Reveal hidden contents

gkA45ID.png

This actually seems to break something for crew modules that only have 1 option,  making it so the slots can't be swapped out like this :
TI7Noak.png

I can't figure out why this happens, so I just made the patch apply to parts that have only both RDU and TV module options.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[Sickbay]:HAS[#title[TV]],@MODULE[Sickbay]:HAS[#title[RDU]]]:FINAL
{
	{
		@slots = 2
	}
}

As usual I have very little confidence in my MM skills but it seems to work properly.

The last thing I couldn't figure out is how to prevent the game from allowing 2 RDUs or 2 TVs on one part. Not a huge deal since I can just not use 2.

• 2 weeks later...