SimpleConstruction! (SCON) Stock rocket building

zer0Kerbal

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Ariel Kerman said:

Yeah sorry 4.0.99.35

All good - just wanted to make sure.

The issue isn't with SCON, rather with (probably) another addon that looks for XPL and doesn't also look for SCON. ie what happens is that mod finds launchpad.dll loading and adds patches, but doesn't realize that SCON doesn't use the resource 'metalore' and therefore doesn't supply the resource definition file for it.

There isn't anything that SCON can do, however kindly send me a link to the .zip of your KSP.log (located in same directory as your KSP.exe) and I will see if I can confirm and track down which mod - might even be able to supply patch (no promises)

Otherwise, you can just download the resource definition file for METALORE and include it in as a personal patch.

Do you have CommunityResourcePack (CRP) installed? if not, installing that might resolve the issue, or you can just copy the MetalOre definition into a private patch.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

13 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Do you have CommunityResourcePack (CRP) installed? if not, installing that might resolve the issue, or you can just copy the MetalOre definition into a private patch.

Yep, i have CRP installed, and i think i'm going to lean more towards this idea. The resource definition are just a few lines in the CommonResources.cfg right? I found "MetallicOre" in that file, but not "MetalOre", idk if it is the same resource.

FIXED: I was unable to track down the problematic mod, so i finally created a resource definition in the CommunityResourcePack CommonResources.cfg file, for the unused MetalOre resource, and works smoothly.
Can i share the code for that here in case somebody else face this same problem?

3 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

yes please. I will also considering adding it (with credit) to the SCON/NSSC/KD FAKQ

Sure. This should be pasted at the end of SECTION 1 in the ComonResources config file.

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
	name = MetalOre
	displayName = #LOC_CRP_Metals_DisplayName
	density = 0.007
	unitCost = 14.1
	flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
	transfer = PUMP
	isTweakable = true
   	isVisible = true
	volume = 1
}

Edited by Ariel Kerman

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I downloaded SCON from CKAN and it doesn't seem to be doing anything, I don't get the UI option on docking ports or labs to start production of a craft. And the icon from the mod also doesn't appear on the toolbar. It's like if it isn't installed at all. Do I need other mods other than SCON for it to work? It didn't prompt me to download anything else as a requirement (except for B9 partswitch)

Okay slight warning/disclaimer for those downloading via curseforge. It may also try and download a copy of module manager, even if you already have it installed and I am now dealing with the headache that is causing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2024 at 4:12 AM, Taco Salad said:

Okay slight warning/disclaimer for those downloading via curseforge. It may also try and download a copy of module manager, even if you already have it installed and I am now dealing with the headache that is causing.

CKAN does this as well.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/27/2024 at 12:50 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

CKAN does this as well.

I think the CKAN version is outdated? Because it is lower version number and release date is 2021, but Curseforge is 2023? Too bad that i only use CKAN for everything.

On 4/16/2024 at 9:12 AM, Taco Salad said:

About the module manager from Curseforge is from the automatic install or the manual? Because i want to do the manual and can not find it anywhere.

7 minutes ago, Nuko said:

I think the CKAN version is outdated? Because it is lower version number and release date is 2021, but Curseforge is 2023? Too bad that i only use CKAN for everything.

About the module manager from Curseforge is from the automatic install or the manual? Because i want to do the manual and can not find it anywhere.

Yeah neither can I, seems like automatic install via curseforge is the only way (as far as I can tell), and doing so will try and install the duplicate module manager.

14 hours ago, Taco Salad said:

automatic install

just download from the Curseforge website should only be SCON files; else (and don't think this is the case) only copy the SCON files from the manual download archive.

CKAN issues are with there end.

I have been wanting a more simified launchpad experience for my next playthrough.

I have started a brand new interstellar playthrough and am feeling a bit overwhelmed at the thought of recreating the system spanning infrastructure of previous playthroughs.

I read about a simplified resource / manufacturing of simple construction  and am excited to give this a try.

I just finished checking out the various read.me and instructions and just wanted to ask

On 3/22/2024 at 10:45 AM, Ariel Kerman said:

FIXED: I was unable to track down the problematic mod, so i finally created a resource definition in the CommunityResourcePack CommonResources.cfg file, for the unused MetalOre resource, and works smoothly.
Can i share the code for that here in case somebody else face this same problem?

Does this affect everyone? If so has this patch been added? I saw @zer0Kerbal may add it add it. 

I am excited and just wanting to have a better understanding before I begin. I appreciate your patience with my ignorance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi again! Playing SCON without major problem so far BUTTM...
Since i installed it, my categories in the VAB/SPH are screwed up, luckily most of the mods have their own category definitions for their parts, but categories by functionality are missed. I didn't report this before bc it didn't supposed any problem, but as i increased the number of parts mods, the problem become more and more relevant. Uninstalling SCON solve the problem, but is not a solution at all. I checked out the cfg files, but this time didn't hit the nail...

Edited by Ariel Kerman

@Ariel Kerman I've noticed that nearly all of this mod's compatibility configs contain a CCK patch. You'll have to edit out the relevant lines. If I remember right, CCK does not allow parts to exist in more than one CCK tab at once so the parts are being prioritized to the one provided by this mod. Since the affected parts secondarily become EL workshop parts it stands to reason that this mod shouldn't be trying to sort them in this manner.

19 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Ariel Kerman I've noticed that nearly all of this mod's compatibility configs contain a CCK patch. You'll have to edit out the relevant lines. If I remember right, CCK does not allow parts to exist in more than one CCK tab at once so the parts are being prioritized to the one provided by this mod. Since the affected parts secondarily become EL workshop parts it stands to reason that this mod shouldn't be trying to sort them in this manner.

Yep, it was the first thing i checked out, but the compatibility cfg file have only a few lines, and it seems that only tells the mod to check for CCK, also tried deleting that file and deleting the relevant tags inside, but none of that works

I thought one could tell CCK to not hide stuff that was "duplicated" in some file. That way your pods and whatnot still show up and are searchable. If I was home I would check into it.

I ended up switching to Filter Extensions in the end, which does not seem to have this issue with SCON.

Edited by shifty803

I have just installed this by downloading the zip from GitHub, and extracting into the mod folder of my Steam KSP1. I built a very simple rover, as proof of concept. Mobile Lab, Heavy Tanks with Metal Parts already filled, etc.

The UI is there, and I can select the correct Docking Port, except that the button to lead a saved craft is greyed out. I can't seem to actually get to the construction phase.

Am I doing something simple and idiotic to get in my own way, or is this something wrong with my install? (Admittedly, I've been playing this save for a while now.)

EDIT: Restarting the game got the menu up, but the 'pick a craft' window froze on my screen, even when I reverted it to hangar.

EDIT: Photo Aids:

One Error, on Startup of the Game:

JQgATa9.jpeg

Meet my first attempt at this:

Dzxd2M6.jpeg

When I click 'Select Craft' on the UI:

lOnnv9z.jpeg

That window stays there, unmoving, unchanging. Even when I 'Recover' the Craft, it's there. Even when I got back to Main menu, it's there.

Is it my fault, or something else?

Edited by stephensmat

3 hours ago, stephensmat said:

Never mind. I found a solution. Not a perfect one. I had to uninstall the game, and add the Mods one by one, but it's working now. Steam even had my saves backed up, so it's all good.

Did you put back all the mods? Did you find a conflicting one?

7 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Did you put back all the mods? Did you find a conflicting one?

Not exactly. I've been experimenting with mods, adding and deleting, using Ckan and then direct downloads... I think it all got jumbled.

This time around, I'm downloading the ones I settled on as zip files and uploading them directly. it seems to be working for me.

Hi. Me again. Small problem: I seem to have lost the ability to undock.

I used a saved game, and installed the mods on it clean, but the craft 'in flight' don't seem to have 'undock' options on the menu anymore. I've made a search of the mods I've got, and SCON apparently has had this problem pop up before. Working on finding the solution now... If anyone can point me in the right direction sooner, I'd be grateful.

EDIT: Okay, now I'm confused. Some Docking Ports still work, others do not.

Note here on my Duna Mothership, the Lander can't Undock. It doesn't show on the menu.

klhaAuf.jpeg

Edited by stephensmat