[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

624 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

Hi everyone! 

Whilst I am working on putting together a set of icons and contracts for AngleCan Achievement Tree,  i wonder how practical it is for a flag planting on the two comets. 

Could someone please give me some advice on whether crewed missions to Halleys and 67P work orbcould be expected?

Okay. KSC switcher works great. Thank you! Do you by chance have any tips on how to get the oceans on titan to show up again? I have the latest versions of eve and scatterer because I'm also using volumetrics.

On 8/22/2024 at 8:25 PM, theJesuit said:

Hi everyone! 

Whilst I am working on putting together a set of icons and contracts for AngleCan Achievement Tree,  i wonder how practical it is for a flag planting on the two comets. 

Could someone please give me some advice on whether crewed missions to Halleys and 67P work orbcould be expected?

Further to this? Is a flag planting mission to Venus also acceptable for a flag and footprints to everywhere? 

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

Further to this? Is a flag planting mission to Venus also acceptable for a flag and footprints to everywhere? 

This will depend on the player's settings. With part pressure limits enabled there are no stock parts that survive to the surface of Venus in KSRSS. 

5 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

This will depend on the player's settings. With part pressure limits enabled there are no stock parts that survive to the surface of Venus in KSRSS. 

MMM. Okay - thanks!

I think then that maybe I'll treat Venus like a gas planet - flyby, orbit, crewed orbit and flying high as being the four different contracts/icons.  Maybe flying low for Venus.

Hello!

I am new to KSRSS Reborn and I have a question: when you have Reborn with Parallax, which mod generates the rocks on the Moon's surface, KSRSS or Parallax?

1. If it is KSRSS, is it possible to reduce the amount of non-collider rocks on the surface and if so how?

2. If it is Parallax I will ask in that thread.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! So I'm currently having an issue where none of the oceans on titan show up.  I have the latest versions of scatterer, eve and eve volumetrics. I've tried using an earlier version of scatterer but that just breaks the volumetrics. Anyone have some thoughts on how I can fix this?

On 9/1/2024 at 12:22 AM, DaveyJ576 said:

Hello!

I am new to KSRSS Reborn and I have a question: when you have Reborn with Parallax, which mod generates the rocks on the Moon's surface, KSRSS or Parallax?

1. If it is KSRSS, is it possible to reduce the amount of non-collider rocks on the surface and if so how?

2. If it is Parallax I will ask in that thread.

Thanks!

its parralax  go to Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Parallax\Config

open parallaxglobal.cfg and change scatterer density /distance

2 hours ago, BronzeShoe20968 said:

I was trying to get KSRSS and stumbled upon this forum, and dont know how to download it. 

Is it just currently unavialible or is there a way to download this mod?

2 hours ago, BronzeShoe20968 said:

I was trying to get KSRSS and stumbled upon this forum, and dont know how to download it. 

Is it just currently unavialible or is there a way to download this mod?

https://gitlab.com/ksrss/KSRSS

latest download

go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KSRSS\EVE

delete Geysers.cfg

yup thats your fps eater ,i know noone who can run with them in 60 fps :D

On 5/27/2024 at 3:08 PM, MARL_Mk1 said:

Since you are making a fresh install, could you please attempt to replicate my issue? It takes less than 1 minute :)

Put any craft on the launch pad, then open the cheat menu > Set Orbit, select Europa and write 0 on the Semi-Major Axis, then click Set Orbit twice.

This will make it so the SMA is set to the minimum possible and then teleport you to said orbit.

Once you are in Europa's orbit, do you notice that tremendous, neverending lag?

go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KSRSS\EVE

delete Geysers.cfg

ksrss ,europa lag

delete Geysers.cfg