[1.12.x] SystemHeat - a replacement for the CoreHeat system (September 1)

Nertea

11 minutes ago, zw_45 said:

Are you playing with the dev branch of near future electrical or the public release? If you are using the development version, you should delete “systemheatfissionreactors” folder.

It's the public one. as I said it can cover some of the problem, but it will delete the feature too...

Edited by jebycheek

23 minutes ago, jebycheek said:

It's the public one. as I said it can cover some of the problem, but it will delete the feature too...

Everything looks fine in your picture. The enriched uranium in the reactor and container are full, so no resource transfer would happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got system heat installed, and the sub-mod that adds configurations for the resource harvesters. While the harvesters & refiners have system heat volume, they're not producing any heat. This is almost certainly me doing something stupid (or not doing). Is there a config I need to enable? Would the log file help, since it's not really a crash?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Is there any way to force Near Future Electrical's reactor UI on the toolbar to show up? The System Heat's reactor UI is... problematic if you got a lot of reactors as it won't fit into the screen (say when doing nuclear engine clusters).

Edited by RunaDacino

• 2 months later...

5TG7CXZ.png

Working through some level of UI improvements.

• Toobar panel looks better with more compact, less clipped data and more relevant info in your face
  • Toolbar icon has dynamic badging that communicates when something's up with a loop
  • The entire Overlay has been rebuild to be more performant, look better and deliver clear information
    • Simplified system panels that overlap less with the PAW data
    • Animations and that draw the eye to various necessary critical items (overheats, functioning items, nonfunctioning items etc)
  • Redone Reactors panel that looks better, is more communicative, has appropriate scrolling behavior
  • Everything behaves better with UI size changes

In motion: https://imgur.com/bi5xckZ

On 7/26/2024 at 6:16 PM, Nertea said:

Welcome back @Nertea and thanks for the continued work on Near Future.  Sorry about the recent...developments.

Edited by Brigadier

On 7/26/2024 at 8:16 PM, Nertea said:

5TG7CXZ.png

• Toobar panel looks better with more compact, less clipped data and more relevant info in your face
  • Toolbar icon has dynamic badging that communicates when something's up with a loop
  • The entire Overlay has been rebuild to be more performant, look better and deliver clear information
    • Simplified system panels that overlap less with the PAW data
    • Animations and that draw the eye to various necessary critical items (overheats, functioning items, nonfunctioning items etc)
  • Redone Reactors panel that looks better, is more communicative, has appropriate scrolling behavior
  • Everything behaves better with UI size changes

In motion: https://imgur.com/bi5xckZ

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Release 0.7.0

• Updated ModuleManager to 4.2.3
  • Major UI update
  • Rebuilt the System Heat Panel
    • Now looks better overall
    • Data display is a bit more compact and easy on the eyes (less clipped stuff), pushes key info to the front
    • More dynamicism including flashing stuff/color changes when things are good (and bad)
    • Behaves better with UI scale changes
    • Mouseover enables the toolbar
  • Rebuilt the Overlay
    • Overlay lines now animate when something in a loop is doing something
    • Overlay line drawing is cleaner and faster
    • System icons have been simplified: the Panel has been removed as it wasn't giving much useful information beyond the PAW
    • System icons now animate when a system is doing something
    • New animated temperature gauge helps see whether a system is in a good place temperature-wise
    • New animated flux increase/decrease gauges show how whether a system is contributing heat or removing heat to a loop and qualitatively how much
    • Improved visibility for system warning temperature flashes
    • Behaves better with UI size changes
  • Rebuilt the Reactors Panel
    • Now looks better and is more communicative
    • Scrolling actually works
  • Improved configuration of heat exchangers so they have a power cost proportionate to the amount of heat moved, not just temperature changes
  • Radiators in the Editor now respect the on/off status of the system to avoid mistakes like going to flight with inactive radiators
  • Performance pass, mostly on string handling in various system heat modules, should improve performance in a lot of places
  • Removed some un-cleaned up allocations in the toolbar UI that could leak memory
  • Fixed an inability to localize the sun tracking disable function for radiators
  • Fixed inability to localize ingame settings
  • Hid an annoying coolant log message that would come up constantly in normal mod use
  • Fixed a word order in Chinese localization (c6ForH66)
  • Add support for VABOrganizer
  • SystemHeatBoiloff: Fixed boiloff scale calculations which would negatively affect playing with the connections to stock thermal systems (Starstrider42)
  • SystemHeatBoiloff: Improved the balance of cooling costs for various tanks (Wyzard256)
  • SystemHeatBoiloff: Fix deuterium FuelName in SystemHeatBoiloff patch [#110] (Wyzard256)

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

Release 0.7.0

• Updated ModuleManager to 4.2.3
  • Major UI update
  • Rebuilt the System Heat Panel
    • Now looks better overall
    • Data display is a bit more compact and easy on the eyes (less clipped stuff), pushes key info to the front
    • More dynamicism including flashing stuff/color changes when things are good (and bad)
    • Behaves better with UI scale changes
    • Mouseover enables the toolbar
  • Rebuilt the Overlay
    • Overlay lines now animate when something in a loop is doing something
    • Overlay line drawing is cleaner and faster
    • System icons have been simplified: the Panel has been removed as it wasn't giving much useful information beyond the PAW
    • System icons now animate when a system is doing something
    • New animated temperature gauge helps see whether a system is in a good place temperature-wise
    • New animated flux increase/decrease gauges show how whether a system is contributing heat or removing heat to a loop and qualitatively how much
    • Improved visibility for system warning temperature flashes
  • Rebuilt the Reactors Panel
    • Now looks better and is more communicative
    • Scrolling actually works
  • Improved configuration of heat exchangers so they have a power cost proportionate to the amount of heat moved, not just temperature changes
  • Radiators in the Editor now respect the on/off status of the system to avoid mistakes like going to flight with inactive radiators
  • Performance pass, mostly on string handling in various system heat modules, should improve performance in a lot of places
  • Removed some un-cleaned up allocations in the toolbar UI that could leak memory
  • Fixed an inability to localize the sun tracking disable function for radiators
  • Fixed inability to localize ingame settings
  • Hid an annoying coolant log message that would come up constantly in normal mod use
  • Fixed a word order in Chinese localization (c6ForH66)
  • Add support for VABOrganizer
  • SystemHeatBoiloff: Fixed boiloff scale calculations which would negatively affect playing with the connections to stock thermal systems (Starstrider42)
  • SystemHeatBoiloff: Improved the balance of cooling costs for various tanks (Wyzard256)
  • SystemHeatBoiloff: Fix deuterium FuelName in SystemHeatBoiloff patch [#110] (Wyzard256)

We are so back

(hopefully?)

Release 0.7.1 Hotfix

• Fix a null reference exception when loading a vessel with no SystemHeat parts
  • Fixed an issue where a player could disable a tank in the UI, thus disabling boiloff

4 hours ago, Acid Phreak said:

Hey

Got missing parts from Vessels on Load

"systemheat-coolant-tank-radial-1"

Keep on, i love your work :cool:

Don't know how that managed to happen, apologies

Release 0.7.2 Hotfix

• Fixed coolant tank being renamed accidentally (ghosts??)

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to, while systemheat and near future electricity are installed, to use the NFE reactor UI instead of the systemheat one? I prefer to use the NFE UI as it's much more intuitive and it's draggable, as opposed to the systemheat one which is locked in place.

No there is not - SH reactors use a different codebase and have different gameplay. The idea was to make them require less busy work and maintenance than the NFE reactors so they would need less access to a control panel. What issues are you seeing? 

First off, welcome back Nertea! Your mods are an indispensable part of the KSP community and I'm sure we're all glad to see them being updated again, albeit under very unfortunate circumstances. Wishing you luck in your job search; I hope you make sure to prioritize your own needs over those of a bunch of random people on the internet and don't feel too pressured to please us with what is ultimately a hobby.

If you have the time though, I'd just like to point out that the boiloff and ion engine configurations for SystemHeat aren't available on CKAN while the other bundled configs are already there, and that things might be a bit easier and more consistent for users if those two were also indexed. To avoid double-posting between threads I'll also say that the same is true of the optional NFLV and Restock configs for your Cryogenic Engines mod, which are currently only available via manual install. Hope this helps, and once again please do not feel pressured to do anything because random internet users told you to!

Released 0.7.3

• Fixed an issue where static radiators would create exceptions in the editor
  •  Allowed lower resource flow rates for fission reactors to work correctly and show in the UI
  •  Situation checklist dropdown in the Toolbar UI now uses BodyDisplayName instead of internal name

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy, been enjoying a lot of your mods recently, they're honestly amazing. Unfortunately, it seems that there's an issue with System heat in my KSP instance, as Nerv rockets aren't being put in a heat loop. The mod appears to work for the Cherenkov, though I haven't exactly done exhaustive tests  as. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a mod conflict, given the quantity I have, but there doesn't seems to be any obvious conflicts. So far Ive tried reinstalling the mod and associated configurations, but no dice.

Any help or possible solutions would be much appreciated, let me know if you want the modlist or something. Thank you in advance!

ntSuEQj.png