[We need more posts! (Like seriously, a lot more)] Let's Make This the Megathread!

Misguided Kerbal

19 hours ago, Souptime said:

so im making a series of drawings called "Shimmering aurorae", they are meant to be practice peices as i get better. But i have a really good looking one in my head but i just cant get it onto drawing. You know that? just something amazing in your head that u can replicate but just cant?

what do yall think?

Here 1:

Jh3XTmI.png

Heres 2:

v7OPKZ3.png

I know i'll get better when i get a drawing pad, but i gotta use a mouse right now

need spherical tomahawk

-----------------------------------------------

have you made your spanish doulingo homework yet? If no doulingo bird will (probably) turn you into MET

7 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

have you made your spanish doulingo homework yet? If no doulingo bird will (probably) turn you into MET

i used to use duolingo a lot, but then i just stopped one day. still have it installed though

3 minutes ago, Souptime said:

made anoder what do yall think

The sky is much better overall.

Changing the brightness and diameter of the circles stars would make it more betterer.

The van looks less like a punch buggy and more live something you could go on an adventure with. very gud

but also dang

murica has enough mountains; do we really need to claim more?

Adding some "texture" in with some dark grey shadowing would look nice as well

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff

7 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

The sky is much better overall.

Changing the brightness and diameter of the circles stars would make it more betterer.

The van looks less like a punch buggy and more live something you could go on an adventure with. very gud

but also dang

murica has enough mountains; do we really need to claim more?

Adding some "texture" in with some dark grey shadowing would look nice as well

Im a goldfish brained man, i cannot do high society sophisticated sutff like "Texturing" or "Brightness and diameter", also im only using paint 3d so i cantdo that

I can draw really good with pencils and stuff so i just need a drawing tpad

10 minutes ago, Souptime said:

Brightness and diameter

make the stars smaller and whiter

10 minutes ago, Souptime said:

Texturing

make smaller bumps and shadows on the mountains (to look more like rock and snow)

12 minutes ago, Souptime said:

goldfish brained man

goldfish aren't that unintelligent

14 minutes ago, Souptime said:

Im a goldfish brained man, i cannot do high society sophisticated sutff like "Texturing" or "Brightness and diameter", also im only using paint 3d so i cantdo that

I can draw really good with pencils and stuff so i just need a drawing tpad

i shall perform my buttery smooth brained explanation

make some stars slightly more sky colored and others have less 

change how big the circle is

texture is just a few gray lines lol

3+ HOURS? HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?

pOsT!

Also since I have a chronic incapability to focus on one task at a time, here is some other thing I've been working on.

FR408cQ.png

Tantares Vostok, now in Resin-Impregnated Asbestos trim! Yes, that's what actual Vostok heat shielding was made of.

I've been studying Nertea and Beale's textures a bit closer, and it seems that the main edge scratch line only barely touches the visible seam lines unlike what I've been doing so far (the scratches overlapping the seam lines are supposed to be a light secondary layer, not the main and only layer  like in my previous work. Well, the more you know...)

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

The reason I have to completely remake the textures is because while Tantares asset source files are freely available, they are in .psd (Photoshop), which is incompatible with paint.NET, so I couldn't just put a new color layer and reuse the details like everybody else ( Drakenex, Zarbon44 for example)