[We need more posts! (Like seriously, a lot more)] Let's Make This the Megathread!

Misguided Kerbal

1 hour ago, kerbiloid said:

Because dual-core works like "1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2-..."

While the quad like"1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-..."

Obviously, the dual is faster.

loGICS

Page 45!

Edited by Misguided_Kerbal

3 hours ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

I think it depends on what you usually do though.

Actually my laptop had 4GB RAM and a HDD, with KSP 4GB is far not enough, see, when it loads the meshes and textures,etc It spent 50 min in that, then reverting to launch, SPH, EEV it spent 10 mins in the loading screen, so I slapped in an 8 GB RAM stick and now it has 12GB and an SSD, for KSP is fine, though I have around 20 FPS but its reasonable, I really see the CPU´s backline in more resource hungry games, like Robocraft and ACE Combat 7, with 15 FPS in low settings, so a better CPU and GPU could massively help, but im living with an A6-9220 2.50Ghz, with Radeon R4 Graphincs integrated, so i would need a better PC in the future.

So I made some lists of components, Intel and AMD, and the Intel list with a Core i3 Coffeelake and a Radeon R6 Graphics card and 16 GB RAM 3200Mhz is the same price as a Ryzen 5 3400G with 16GB RAM 3600Mhz WITH a monitor, so its clear that AMD is far cheaper, but boy, how not to forget those 10th gen cores...

6 minutes ago, Commodoregamer118 said:

Actually my laptop had 4GB RAM and a HDD, with KSP 4GB is far not enough, see, when it loads the meshes and textures,etc It spent 50 min in that, then reverting to launch, SPH, EEV it spent 10 mins in the loading screen, so I slapped in an 8 GB RAM stick and now it has 12GB and an SSD, for KSP is fine, though I have around 20 FPS but its reasonable, I really see the CPU´s backline in more resource hungry games, like Robocraft and ACE Combat 7, with 15 FPS in low settings, so a better CPU and GPU could massively help, but im living with an A6-9220 2.50Ghz, with Radeon R4 Graphincs integrated, so i would need a better PC in the future.

Yep, same experience on my old Macbook. Once I upgraded to my current one with 16gigs of RAM, though, it works much better. Heavily modded, I get ~40 fps. Not too bad, though loading takes almost half an hour.

1 minute ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Yep, same experience on my old Macbook. Once I upgraded to my current one with 16gigs of RAM, though, it works much better.

Ram always gives more performance, but more RAM that you need is useless.

2 minutes ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

I get ~40 fps.

CPU and GPU gives performance, an old MacBook has good Intel processors with them including the iGPU, I would say a core i7-4000?

If yes that is like a Ryzen 7 from 2019, Im running a 2014 CPU and iGPU so for 20 FPS its not a great difference though.

And AMD has been a worthy oponent since the new CEO entered in charge, making the Ryzen line specific for rivaling Intel, see this is how I think it looks.

Ryzen 3 = Intel core i3

Ryzen 5 = Intel core i5

Ryzen 7 = Intel core i7

Ryzen 9 = Intel core i9

Ryzen Threadripper = Intel´s death

Just now, GuessingEveryDay said:

What would be really awesome is if Ryzen managed to make their entire lineup <$100. Everyone would leave Intel instantly.

Imagine if that happended with the 4th gen Ryzen, already announced, then, it will be turn for GPUs, wich a good one is very expensive rn.

1 hour ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Another beep

another boop.

Also, will you ever get the motivation to work on Project Intrepid? I'm currently at part 30 and I'm really enjoying it :) 

Edit:

OMG I got the Mun sandcastle!!!

Spoiler

DV1tzbU.png

Edited by Misguided_Kerbal

24 minutes ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

another boop.

Also, will you ever get the motivation to work on Project Intrepid? I'm currently at part 30 and I'm really enjoying it :) 

Edit:

OMG I got the Mun sandcastle!!!

Reveal hidden contents

DV1tzbU.png

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Unfortunately project intrepid is pretty low priority for me right now. I've been in a motivational slump for a few months, likely due to the higher than usual social isolation, and I also have college coming up soon. I still intend to continue at some point, but I can't say whether that will be days or months or even, sadly, years. If it becomes evident that I will never continue it, I will post a summary of the rest of what I intended to do and where the story would have gone.

The next few chapters in particular involve a lot of interior design and that is very time consuming for me to do.

1 minute ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Unfortunately project intrepid is pretty low priority for me right now. I've been in a motivational slump for a few months, likely due to the higher than usual social isolation, and I also have college coming up soon. I still intend to continue at some point, but I can't say whether that will be days or months or even, sadly, years. If it becomes evident that I will never continue it, I will post a summary of the rest of what I intended to do and where the story would have gone.

The next few chapters in particular involve a lot of interior design and that is very time consuming for me to do.

Ah, I see. I'm not there yet though... :P 

However, quarantine actually gave me more motivation. Good Luck on College!

12 minutes ago, Lewie said:

While the outside world burns, ksp is in this sort of happy period and time of growth. Kinda like the renaissance. 

yep. Too bad I can't go to Space Center Houston rn though... we shouldn't have bought this year's membership.