[We need more posts! (Like seriously, a lot more)] Let's Make This the Megathread!

Misguided Kerbal

I made a crane in Lego Digital Designer. I wonder if I will ever actually get the pieces to make it in real life. One cool thing is that it gives you a parts list, showing exactly how many of what piece you need to make a Lego thing.

It is meant to be a Liebherr LG 1750. Imagine the top of a crawler crane put on the bottom of a mobile crane. It's a mobile lattice boom crane. It is still assembled by a mobile crane and most of the pieces are transported by truck, but having the bottom part on a vehicle saves at least 4 flatbed truck of crane parts, as with a regular crawler you need trucks to transport the tracks, base, and base counterweight (and, as with both the crawler crane and mobile lattice boom crane, you need trucks to transport the superstructure, counterweight, and all the boom sections) I will post more clear instructions on how crawler cranes are assembled later. 

Crane rant. Phew!

Screenshot12.pngScreenshot16.pngScreenshot14.pngliebherr-lg-1750%20(1).jpgliebherr-lg-1750%20(4).jpgliebherr-lg-1750%20(5).jpg

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

5 hours ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

OK, thank you! It sort of makes sense, one is the time for soup and the other is the time for watermelons. I like both equally! I t has been a while since I have actually had watermelon, but I really like soup. Especially Campbells Chunky soup!!!! Mmmm-mmm! One of my favorite foods, along with tacos, olives, pickles, and German food (At least what I have had of it, especially German bean....Soup. Germans make good food and good cranes.)

i told melontime he needed to be named some food with time or he was gonna be annihilated

And my favorite soup is tomato with oyster crackers, its like a dinner cereal :P

Mmmm, oyster crackers. They are good by themselves, just as a snack. Tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich is really good too.

1 minute ago, Souptime said:

i told melontime he needed to be named some food with time or he was gonna be annihilated

Can someone tell me how to post laughs? Ha ha ha, is that it?

2 minutes ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

Mmmm, oyster crackers. They are good by themselves, just as a snack. Tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich is really good too.

yes, tomato soup and grilled cheese are great together, i make a mean grilled cheese

And usually when you wanna show you laughed at a post you post one of these lil guys: :D, you can find all the emojis n stuff in the smiley face button under the font selector (It took me about a year to find out about it...)

14 minutes ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

Mmmm, oyster crackers. They are good by themselves, just as a snack. 

I COMPLEYT&Y ARGREE. 

:happy:or idk

Edited by Admiral Fluffy
hrmm yes i can spell

I am eventually going to try and make this, this, and/or this, and maybe that in KSP. It will be challenging, but cool.

2300xpbc_side_branding.jpg?sfvrsn=3e0d09C781407?$cc-g$&fmt=pjpegLTM_11200-9.1__9990__4_01.jpgdqVKR.png

These, from top to bottom are the P & H 2300XPC electric mining shovel, Cat 797F Mining truck, Liebherr LTM 11200-9.1 mobile crane, and Bagger 293 (I was wrong, Bagger 288 isn't the biggest vehicle in the world.)

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

1 hour ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

I am eventually going to try and make this, this, and/or this, and maybe that in KSP. It will be challenging, but cool.

2300xpbc_side_branding.jpg?sfvrsn=3e0d09C781407?$cc-g$&fmt=pjpegLTM_11200-9.1__9990__4_01.jpgdqVKR.png

These, from top to bottom are the P & H 2300XPC electric mining shovel, Cat 797F Mining truck, Liebherr LTM 11200-9.1 mobile crane, and Bagger 293 (I was wrong, Bagger 288 isn't the biggest vehicle in the world.)

I want a bagger 293

Oh, I almost forgot about :D!!! Thank you, @OrdinaryKerman.

12 minutes ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

I want a bagger 293

Yes, it would be cool if I could make a Bagger 293 in KSP but it might simply be too big and the kraken might ruin it. Oh, by the way, does anyone know any good robotics mods with rotation servos that are bigger than the Breaking Ground ones, and MUCH less floppy? Or any robotics mod with good crane parts, and/or similar parts as breaking ground but are a lot sturdier?

4 minutes ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

Oh, I almost forgot about :D!!! Thank you, @OrdinaryKerman.

Yes, it would be cool if I could make a Bagger 293 in KSP but it might simply be too big and the kraken might ruin it. Oh, by the way, does anyone know any good robotics mods with rotation servos that are bigger than the Breaking Ground ones, and MUCH less floppy? Or any robotics mod with good crane parts, and/or similar parts as breaking ground but are a lot sturdier?

A mod called missing robotics adds in gantries and flat hinges, also some pipes. good for crane building

Just now, Ben J. Kerman said:

Ok, I will look into that. I have heard about Infernal Robotics, what does that offer?

Infernal robotics was basically robotics before the DLC, and i have no idea what it might add

Just now, Souptime said:

Infernal robotics was basically robotics before the DLC, and i have no idea what it might add

It's got more robotics parts, but BG robotics are IIRC more stable and can use the KAL-1000

Edited by OrdinaryKerman
I haven't actually tested them side by side, so take my words on stability with a large helping of salt

7 hours ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

Also, this:KEUTSCHLANDKRANDEINS.png(It translates from Kerman to Kenglish as "Kermany Crane Service")

I really like it! Way to get into your passion!