[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL

Angelo Kerman

51 minutes ago, KspNoobUsernameTaken said:

Yeah, I had experienced stuff like that before. Was just hoping it was a mod issue so that it could be fixed more easily. Anyway, with regard to the Space Dust collectors, I am playing with boosted resource bands (1000 times higher abundance), because the asteroids seem to hate me. 

Is it intended behavior that with KFS, asteroid mining for graviolium doesn't work?  Also, is KFS required for gravitic engines. It seems like it?

KFS and Blueshift are intended to play well with each other. Next update will ensure that Blueshift's patches take precedence over KFS.

Blueshift has no gravitic engines, that's a KFS thing. The closest is the contragravity device that I'm slowly working on.

On 5/1/2024 at 10:54 AM, Pegboard said:

To be totally fair, it does encourage you to actually pursue the other pathways to graviolium. Though, since AFAIK space dust doesn't work when you're not on the craft, so it makes it kind of painful to actually use it.

@Pegboard

Just confirmed with a quick test; Space Dust definitely has background resource gathering. 

2 hours ago, Pegboard said:

Doesn't work on my machine, Guess I'll have to debug it later.

Space Dust for blueshift won't work out of the box, period. Next update will have fixed Space Dust configs. Until then, go into the SpaceDustForBlueshift cfg, find s2 bussard collector, and at Harvested resource: graviolium, change minHarvestValue to something super low (like 0.(20 zeros here)1. Then the size 2 bussard collector should work, albeit very slowly.

50 minutes ago, KspNoobUsernameTaken said:

Space Dust for blueshift won't work out of the box, period. Next update will have fixed Space Dust configs. Until then, go into the SpaceDustForBlueshift cfg, find s2 bussard collector, and at Harvested resource: graviolium, change minHarvestValue to something super low (like 0.(20 zeros here)1. Then the size 2 bussard collector should work, albeit very slowly.

To be clear, I'm using the original Space Dust Bussards, which do have the sensitivity to collect the graviolium, they simply only do so when I'm focused on the craft.

32 minutes ago, Pegboard said:

To be clear, I'm using the original Space Dust Bussards, which do have the sensitivity to collect the graviolium, they simply only do so when I'm focused on the craft.

That is very strange...

In my install, the original bussards failed to collect graviolium, but after my tweaks, worked flawlessly, background or not. The config files also suggest that the minHarvestValue is too high...

Which graviolium belt are you collecting in? Are you using any of the configured planet mods?

@Angelo Kerman

From a balance perspective, what would be a good amount of time to gather 1000 graviolium, assuming 2 of the size 2 collectors.

Since a large mining vessel can hold 10000+ graviolium, it seems reasonable for 4000+ graviolium to be difficult to acquire without mining, but under that, you can use space dust collectors. 

So then the question is what is a reasonable amount of time to wait for collectors to work?

6 hours ago, KspNoobUsernameTaken said:

That is very strange...

In my install, the original bussards failed to collect graviolium, but after my tweaks, worked flawlessly, background or not. The config files also suggest that the minHarvestValue is too high...

Which graviolium belt are you collecting in? Are you using any of the configured planet mods?

Kerbin, sitting around 300km up. It's a real trickle.

8 hours ago, Pegboard said:

Kerbin, sitting around 300km up. It's a real trickle.

Interplanetary/interstellar dust-form graviolium isn't supposed to be a staple crop; it's a supplemental thing that should take time to accumulate. You should find better pickings with asteroids as well as mining Dres and Eve.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2024 at 6:21 AM, KspNoobUsernameTaken said:

@Rakete

Assuming you use Space Dust, I think I figured out this issue; space dust configs were incorrect. Posted here

and made some pull requests.

If you were trying to use the stock exospheric gathering system, I believe you need to be at either 6000 meters or 600000m  orbit. I'll check the configs and get back to you.

I can confirm that my provided spacedust ressource configs work well in my install with unchanged spacedust mod. From my point of view no need to change anything.

Please explain what you want to have changed with your pull requests. From my point of view there is no need to change the harvester efficiency and the PR.

Topic might also interest @Angelo Kerman

Edited by Rakete

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

I can confirm that my provided spacedust ressource configs work well in my install with unchanged spacedust mod. From my point of view no need to change anything.

Please explain what you want to have changed with your pull requests. From my point of view there is no need to change the harvester efficiency and the PR.

Topic might also interest @Angelo Kerman

The pull requests just make the space dust harvesters have a very low minHarvestValue. Reason for that was that in my install with blueshift, flying saucers, and space dust, harvesters weren't working. 

I'll run another test when I can with just blueshift and space dust; perhaps flying saucers interferes with space dust?

What version of blueshift & ksp are you using?

Test with blueshift, spacedust, tweakscale, hyperedit:

https://imgur.com/a/05w7Yqs

This confirms that blueshift on KSP 1.12.5 doesn't work with space dust properly. 

This is a fresh install of KSP and all mods.

I still can't understand what's going on in your install. 

@Angelo Kerman This does seem to confirm the error exists, but it (somehow) might be on my machine specifically. If you have time, could you take a look at this? 

On 5/14/2024 at 6:39 PM, KspNoobUsernameTaken said:

Test with blueshift, spacedust, tweakscale, hyperedit:

https://imgur.com/a/05w7Yqs

This confirms that blueshift on KSP 1.12.5 doesn't work with space dust properly. 

This is a fresh install of KSP and all mods.

I still can't understand what's going on in your install. 

@Angelo Kerman This does seem to confirm the error exists, but it (somehow) might be on my machine specifically. If you have time, could you take a look at this? 

Uh, that's hard for me to triage. What I'd do is start with a clean build of KSP, then install Blueshift, then Kerbal Flying Saucers (if you have that), then spacedust. Before installing Spacedust, make sure things are working.

4 minutes ago, Angelo Kerman said:

Uh, that's hard for me to triage. What I'd do is start with a clean build of KSP, then install Blueshift, then Kerbal Flying Saucers (if you have that), then spacedust. Before installing Spacedust, make sure things are working.

I've done this twice actually; both times I got identical results (space dust not working). The second time I actually ran tests without space dust (everything seemed fine).

On 5/15/2024 at 9:39 AM, KspNoobUsernameTaken said:

This does seem to confirm the error exists, but it (somehow) might be on my machine specifically. If you have time, could you take a look at this? 

What I meant was, could you just install blueshift and space dust to see if the problem occurs on your rig. I know diagnosing this would be hard.

From what I have seen, @Rakete seems to have a magic install that Just Works(tm).

Edited by KspNoobUsernameTaken

Space dust works fine on my machine, though (as the design seems to imply) the Bussards from Blueshift only would work at warp speed. I've got too many mods to list and currently in the middle of a Beyond Home playthrough though (to which I should probably put some Space Dust around...).

Edited by Pegboard

13 minutes ago, Pegboard said:

Space dust works fine on my machine, though (as the design seems to imply) the Bussards from Blueshift only would work at warp speed. I've got too many mods to list and currently in the middle of a Beyond Home playthrough though (to which I should probably put some Space Dust around...).

The bussards actually come with space dust harvesters. Therefore, if they only work at warp, there is likely an error. Unless blueshift doesn't have Beyond Home configs for space dust, then its expected. 

8 minutes ago, KspNoobUsernameTaken said:

The bussards actually come with space dust harvesters. Therefore, if they only work at warp, there is likely an error. Unless blueshift doesn't have Beyond Home configs for space dust, then its expected. 

Blueshift has its own, Trek-y Bussards, and there's a big, chunky (5m?) Bussard from Space Dust itself. That one works fine, blueshift's do not harvest anything at normal speeds (and all the dust rings exist below warp altitude, I believe.) Beyond Home indeed does not have BS configs, but this was how it was working on this set on my vanilla playthrough.

Edited by Pegboard