23 minutes ago, Michel-Ange said:

i need it because before i had a 64 bit processor and i bought ksp while now i have a 32 bit processor.

Waiting for a more experienced user to confirm but I'm quite sure all Core 2 Quad processors support 32 and 64 bit software.

Edited by antipro

1 hour ago, Michel-Ange said:

i also have windows 32 bit so i dont know i f the os have an impact for ksp

32 bit operating systems can use only 4GB of RAM, maybe this could have an impact.

anyway, according to the Steam stats updated at November 2020:
https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam
the users with a 32 bit OS are the 0.22% + 0.13% = 0.35%
imho it's time to change os.

sry but I don't know how to help you about the game crash at start.
try the steam files verification. idk

Edited by antipro

I have :

Motherboard : Asus IPIBL-LB

Processor : Core 2 quad 2Q6600

RAM : HyperX Kingston 4*1Gb

SSD : Spcc Solid State Disk 512Gb

HDD : Toshiba DT01ACA050 500Gb

And where can i find the log file ?

Edited by Michel-Ange

@Michel-Ange,  please use a service like drop box or google drive to host your log files.   The giant wall of text they create can make the forums unusable on some platforms.

For how to find  your log files, check here:

But yes, you appear to be running a 64 bit program on a 32 bit OS.     1.4.5 was the last version to be released in a 32 bit format (I believe it had to do with the upgrade in Unity engines).    That version should still be available on Steam, as it is still available for download in the KSP store.  Go get that and see if it works. 

@antipro @linuxgurugamer (Well, I don't really have to ping LGG but) it should be common knowledge that if your OS (particulary, Windows) is 32-bit then you simply cannot run a 64-bit app on it. Correct me if I'm wrong @Michel-Ange but I would assume you went from a PC with 64-bit OS to a PC with a 32-bit OS: an entirely different PC (so saying that you changed your CPU would be serious misinformation). It would make no sense for any maker of desktop CPUs to still produce any at this point that can't provide for 64-bit. But it does make sense you could come into contact with a new PC that has whatever 32-bit super basic edition of Win 10. I know those things exist...and are likely in the bargain bin at the computer store.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.