Vanilla warp drives!

krblman

I found a bug that allows us to make WARP DRIVES!
I don't wanna say how it's reproduced because Squad might patch it but it's so fun :(

But basically it's possible to build warp drives in vanilla! Anything you want me to do with warpdrives?

1 hour ago, krblman said:

I don't wanna say how it's reproduced because Squad might patch it

:D

Actually someone else did this a few weeks back. I assumed they had cheated but no.

57 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

It would have been more interesting if this post was about all the interesting things you did with this rather than "I have this bug, you don't. Questions?"

Well for one I made an SSTO that can get to The Mun in 1 minute. That's 1/60 of the speed of light.

2 hours ago, krblman said:

I found a bug that allows us to make WARP DRIVES!
I don't wanna say how it's reproduced because Squad might patch it but it's so fun :(

But basically it's possible to build warp drives in vanilla! Anything you want me to do with warpdrives?

Squad is well aware of "Kraken Drives" you can make by enabling same-body interactions on parts.

23 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Squad is well aware of "Kraken Drives" you can make by enabling same-body interactions on parts.

Ah. Well since they aren't patching Kraken Drives and this is like 0.1x as severe, I can then explain the glitch. It requires Breaking Ground.

Place the controller on top of a command pod with a lot of fuel and an engine. Then hook up the engine's thrust limiter to the controller and set it to something absolutely stupid like 2000

Then you have a warp drive

22 minutes ago, krblman said:

Place the controller on top of a command pod with a lot of fuel and an engine. Then hook up the engine's thrust limiter to the controller and set it to something absolutely stupid like 2000

1) This has been known about for years.

2) How exactly does overclocking the engine make it a warp drive?

38 minutes ago, krblman said:

Danny2462, a well known unofficial bug tester, already made this the subject of one of his videos; no need to worry about this being patched.

Only now I realised that this is a WH40k forum, and they call "Warp" not those time scale arrows on top, but something rather another.

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

On the other hand, now I get whom do they name Kraken.

1 hour ago, kerbiloid said:

Only now I realised that this is a WH40k forum, and they call "Warp" not those time scale arrows on top, but something rather another.

Hide contents

maxresdefault.jpg

On the other hand, now I get whom do they name Kraken.

No it’s not, we don’t have enough dandruff and strange musky smells to be a 40k forum. Plus we have a few female members.

I think the definition of “warp drive” involves faster than light travel; while 1/60th of light speed is pretty fast, it’s not even 2% of light speed and wouldn’t even be called relativistic, let alone warp speed.

3 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Danny2462, a well known unofficial bug tester, already made this the subject of one of his videos; no need to worry about this being patched.

I'm subbed to that guy, he's where I found it

3 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Yeah, you didn't exactly find the bug, did you.

I found the video, I wanted to share it with you guys, it's a good video

I feel terrible now can someone close this thread