[1.12.5] Kcalbeloh System Planet Pack (v1.1.7) - A journey to a black hole (April 9, 2024)

Jason Kerman

@Jason Kerman

Kopernicus is getting a few reports that RunSharp.dll is suddenly causing errors in the opposite way, in that it is needed again by some KopernicusExpansion element you are using and causing a refuse to load situation in Kopernicus land.  Here is an example log:

[LOG 12:29:56.108] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'PQSModCreator' from assembly 'KopernicusExpansion.RegionalPQSMods'
[ERR 12:29:56.110] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: RunSharp, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=be9f22c3116c2290

[ERR 12:29:56.110] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: RunSharp, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=be9f22c3116c2290

[EXC 12:29:56.113] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'RunSharp, Version=1.0.0.19, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=be9f22c3116c2290' or one of its dependencies.
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
	AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
	AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
	<LoadObjects>d__90:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
	<CreateDatabase>d__71:MoveNext()
	GameDatabase:StartLoad()
	<LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext()
	LoadingScreen:Start()

I have no idea what that file does, but perhaps readding it is the way to go.

EDIT:  Or not, it didn't fix my users issue, see here:  https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/issues/586

Edited by R-T-B

On 6/4/2023 at 9:08 PM, R-T-B said:

@Jason Kerman

Kopernicus is getting a few reports that RunSharp.dll is suddenly causing errors in the opposite way, in that it is needed again by some KopernicusExpansion element you are using and causing a refuse to load situation in Kopernicus land.  Here is an example log:

[LOG 12:29:56.108] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'PQSModCreator' from assembly 'KopernicusExpansion.RegionalPQSMods'

[EXC 12:29:56.113] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'RunSharp, Version=1.0.0.19, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=be9f22c3116c2290' or one of its dependencies.
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
	AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
	AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
	<LoadObjects>d__90:MoveNext()
	<CreateDatabase>d__71:MoveNext()
	GameDatabase:StartLoad()
	<LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext()
	LoadingScreen:Start()

I have no idea what that file does, but perhaps readding it is the way to go.

EDIT:  Or not, it didn't fix my users issue, see here:  https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/issues/586

I noticed this error in the log before but it appears to have no issue with my mod since it doesn't use RegionalPQS. I will try later to see whether RegionalPQS still works.

16 hours ago, BlueBirdAzurite said:

Hi! I'm trying to use rescale and homeswitch at the same time but it doesn't work. It just makes the game as if none of these configs were enabled.
Any help?

HomeSwitch and Rescale cannot be used together. 

On 6/6/2023 at 11:38 AM, Jason Kerman said:

HomeSwitch and Rescale cannot be used together. 

That may be temprorary though, I'm sure what's holding @Jason Kerman up is the homeswitch system Kopernicus provides right now is friggin awful as far as compatibility.  We are working on a vast improvement Kopernicus-side just don't know when it will be done just yet.

Edited by R-T-B

It looks like the wormhole around Sarnus (OPM installed) is broken in 1.0.4. It's reverting back to orbiting Kerbol. Can confirm that someone else is also having the same issue. Seems like 1.0.1 works fine. I haven't tested the other versions inbetween.

5 hours ago, UltraJohn said:

It looks like the wormhole around Sarnus (OPM installed) is broken in 1.0.4. It's reverting back to orbiting Kerbol. Can confirm that someone else is also having the same issue. Seems like 1.0.1 works fine. I haven't tested the other versions inbetween.

There is a quick fix posted on my Discord server. You can join and download it if you want.

12 hours ago, Cytauri said:

Is the Parallax 2.0 config for this suppost to have 3d scatter objects like rocks, ice, trees, etc. because it is not working for me. 

Yes, but only in the newest alpha release (v1.0.4-alpha) and not updated to CKAN yet. If you installed v1.0.4-alpha but it didn't work, you can share your logs so I can take a look.

So just to confirm... You pretty much need some sort of FTL if you add this to another planet pack like JNSQ right? I transfer window tested and it was like 15k years to go from Kerbin to this system.

On 6/15/2023 at 7:35 AM, Jason Kerman said:

Yes, but only in the newest alpha release (v1.0.4-alpha) and not updated to CKAN yet. If you installed v1.0.4-alpha but it didn't work, you can share your logs so I can take a look.

Thanks, it looks awesome! The lag is the only problem. If only I had a better graphics card…:P

14 hours ago, omegalex said:

Можно ли изменить названия небесных тел в системе Кальбело, ничего не испортив?

I think u can rename the planets and stars if u change their names in all of game files.

6 hours ago, Kerbal_Tim said:

I think u can rename the planets and stars if u change their names in all of game files.

I did try that but I got a warning saying that some stuff was changed and it will corrupt any save file that I enter which has this planetary system. I did it the wrong way, maybe there's another way.. hoping that the dev will let me know how.

On 6/18/2023 at 1:23 PM, omegalex said:

I did try that but I got a warning saying that some stuff was changed and it will corrupt any save file that I enter which has this planetary system. I did it the wrong way, maybe there's another way.. hoping that the dev will let me know how.

You can edit them in /GameData/KcalbelohSystem/OtherFeatures/Localization/. 

• 2 weeks later...

v1.1.0 is available now!

Installtion Guide

1. Install Kcalbeloh System
    • If you have an older version of the Kcalbeloh System installed, please completely delete it before proceeding with the new version.
    • Download Kcalbeloh-System-(v1.x.x).zip.
    • Extract the zip file and put all three folders in /GameData (000_NiakoUtils, KcalbelohSystem and KopernicusExpansion) to your [KSP installation folder]/GameData/ folder.
    • Do NOT download KcalbelohExtras.zip unless you know what it is used for.
  2. Install Dependencies
  3. Install Visuals
    The planet pack works fine without visual mods, but it will lose a large part of its aesthetic.
    • EVE Redux: for clouds, dust storms, and auroras.
    • Scatterer: for realistic atmosphere, oceans, and sun flares.

Changes since v1.0.1

1. Orbit adjustments:
    (1) Simetra-Simeht system
    - Moved the binary gas giants closer to each other.
    - Moved Noira to retrograde orbit around the barycenter.
    - Moved Noi to L4 Lagrange Point of Sunorc.
    - Adjusted the SMA of Norihc and Noyreg.
    - Increased the SMA of the barycenter for a bit.
    (2) Increase the SMA of Maelg, Sunorc, and Aralc system for orbit stability.
    (3) Removed the barycenter of Aralc system to make it less buggy. If you have any crafts orbiting it, move it to somewhere else before updating, or you will lose this vessel.
    (4) Moved Aralc-A and Aralc-B closer to each other.
    (5) Adjusted the SMA of Ahtpan, Tot, and Sera.
    (6) Increased the inclination of Meiuqer.
  2. Added parallax 2.0 ground objects to most celestial bodies. Added support for Parallax under Homeswitch settings.
  3. Added science definitions (descriptions for science experiments) for most planets. Enjoy!
  4. Better implementation for home-switch settings. Added a hidden home-switch option for those who enjoy challenge, pain, and cool stuffs :P
  5. Improved rescale config. Now home-switch and rescale can be applied together. Removed the RescaleAll option in settings. It will rescale all celestial bodies by default unless RSS or JNSQ is installed.
  6. Added an option to move Kerbol system orbiting Kcalbeloh. To enable it you need to change DistanceFactor to 0.
  7. Added an extra package to make Kcalbeloh's Schwarzschild radius realistic without changing its mass.
  8. Added support for ResearchBodies.
  9. Added support for Final Frontier.
  10. Other minor changes/fixes:
    • Increase the atmosphere height of Rouqea.
    • Better sunlight curve for RSS.
    • Adjusted the fixed Kerbol's light curve to make OPM planets brighter.
    • Better planet introduction writing.
    • Remove the sunlight requirement for ScanSat since it only recognizes Kerbol as light source.
    • The wormhole will orbit Sarnus if OPM is installed.
    • Fix the timewarp limits in low-Kcalbeloh orbit.
    • Fix the accretion disk invisible in Linux/Mac.
    • Fix the orientations for tidally locked planets with RSS installed.
    • Remove RunSharp.dll in bundled KopernicusExpansions since it's useless and can cause issues.

Update v1.1.1

Installtion Guide

1. Install Kcalbeloh System
    • If you have an older version of the Kcalbeloh System installed, please completely delete it before proceeding with the new version.
    • Download Kcalbeloh-System-(v1.x.x).zip.
    • Extract the zip file and put all three folders in /GameData (000_NiakoUtils, KcalbelohSystem and KopernicusExpansion) to your [KSP installation folder]/GameData/ folder.
    • Do NOT download KcalbelohExtras.zip unless you know what it is used for.
  2. Install Dependencies
  3. Install Visuals
    The planet pack works fine without visual mods, but it will lose a large part of its aesthetic.
    • EVE Redux: for clouds, dust storms, and auroras.
    • Scatterer: for realistic atmosphere, oceans, and sun flares.

Changes since v1.1.0

1. Bug fix: Solar power intensity is incorrect with home-switch.
  2. Bug fix: system fails to load with RSS.
  3. Enhancement: New sun flare for stars. All stars have the same style of sun flare now.
  4. Enhancement: Maelg has new sun flares and the light is slightly brighter.
Edited by Jason Kerman

On 7/11/2023 at 1:10 AM, Jason Kerman said:

Install Kcalbeloh System

I am very interested in the version you are working on mentioned over in the Principia issues #3719, am I correct that version is still in process?  Thanks!

On 7/18/2023 at 7:28 PM, AloE said:

I am very interested in the version you are working on mentioned over in the Principia issues #3719, am I correct that version is still in process?  Thanks!

Yes, it's almost finished. There is a test version available in my discord server if you are interested right now.

On 7/22/2023 at 7:49 PM, namreK haidebeJ said:

How to get clouds + atmospheres with RSS? Installing this mod with RSS prevents EVE/scatterer from working

You also need a visual pack for RSS. However, I don't remember which visual RSS mods are compatible with other planet packs. You may need to try several ones.