how do u think the ksp 2 hardware requirement will be?

quangdinh

3 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Cities: Skylines (I've modded it until I can almost warm a bowl of soup near the cooling fan vents

Ha! Mine just ran out of frames before fans started making a noise

Edited by The Aziz

On 1/8/2022 at 11:26 AM, miklkit said:

3.5ghz?  My 4.5ghz 3800X has that covered and 32gb of ram is enough.   The RX 6700XT is $1000 dollars!!!!  Nope nope nope. 

Oh, I'm sure you'll be fine with WAY less GPU than that. I'm only mentioning 6700XT because it guarantees better-than-parity with PS5. But CPU's still going to be the hard part, and graphics way, way more tunable. There's just way too many variables in play to have a useful guess on min-spec for GPU at this point, hence me giving a very, very broad range.

GPU is also one of these requirements where even if Intercept does end up going with all the bells and whistles for graphics even at lowest settings, a lot of these things could be disabled with mods, meaning that it might be possible to play KSP2 with graphics that's way under the min spec. Again, purely speculation at this point, but at least that's on the table.

CPU, though? I'm pretty sure that will be a solid wall for people under min spec, whatever that will end up being.