how do u think the ksp 2 hardware requirement will be?

quangdinh

I'm hoping they are similar to my current laptop, which I got in March of 2021. It's a Predator Helios 300 with an Geforce RTX 2060, an Intel i7-10750H @ 2.6GHz and 16 GB of RAM. Runs KSP perfectly and can run a lot of mods, like Parallax, without much issue. Not to be rude. 

5 minutes ago, miklkit said:

Or more likely don't buy the game until it goes on sale for $10.

I don't think that you're getting what we're saying, we're just joking about the software being unrealistically demanding.

On 1/7/2022 at 6:27 AM, AtomicTech said:

Here's my whack at it:

i5 Processor, 10th Gen or Higher.

10 GB's of RAM.

Intel Iris Xe or similar.

12 GB's of Free Space.

I think my pc can handle that... Maybe.

They've said multiple times that they want any average Joe's computer to be able to play it.

I think that translates to a decent (office and teacher grade) laptop being able to run it with only the occasional lag spike.

In other words, any computer that can have ksp 1 playable with scatterer installed, should handle it fine.

I really hope I can play it.

5 minutes ago, Hyperspace Industries said:

They've said multiple times that they want any average Joe's computer to be able to play it.

I think that translates to a decent (office and teacher grade) laptop being able to run it with only the occasional lag spike.

In other words, any computer that can have ksp 1 playable with scatterer installed, should handle it fine.

I really hope I can play it.

Let's hope so!

I just don't wanna have to buy/build one of these:

maxresdefault.jpg

5 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

Let's hope so!

I just don't wanna have to buy/build one of these:

Oh, I do! But not just for KSP/KSP2. But for:

• Cities: Skylines 2 (mod it until it dies!)
  • Cities: Skylines (I've modded it until I can almost warm a bowl of soup near the cooling fan vents :sticktongue:)
  • Satisfactory

6 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:
  • Cities: Skylines (I've modded it until I can almost warm a bowl of soup near the cooling fan vents :sticktongue:)
  • Satisfactory

CS2? Is that real or just a joke?
I am hoping the hardware requirements for KSP2 are low enough so that a simple upgrade will allow me to run it.

44 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Oh, I do! But not just for KSP/KSP2. But for:

• Satisfactory
Spoiler

I, uh, don't have the money.

3 hours ago, Kapitalizing Every Word said:

I am hoping the hardware requirements for KSP2 are low enough so that a simple upgrade will allow me to run it.

Well, I can't afford any upgrades, so I'm hoping it'll run. (I'm okay witha little lag (the occasional spike) and I am as old as our TV, so I can tolerate fps that is a little low, 20 fps or 15 fps should be perfectly comfy, I should be able to handle ten without being bothered.)

Also: there's a reason I call my laptop 'the little laptop that can.': It has 8gb ram, an intel i5 8th gen, and it runs avp without any lag, parallax is no problem, interstellar extended has stellar performance, eve, waterfall, scatterer, far future tech, kopernicus with star packs, all of them work, I've used them separately, so I don't know if my computer would stay solid with all of them together, but the atmosphere visuals don't look as intensive as avp, and remember, ksp 2 is built from the ground up and even a little optimization would make it a load better.

(Yup, and on all the times I used those mods, I never went into unbearably low fps/slow running.)

Edited by Hyperspace Industries
My point being: I doubt ksp2 would need such preposterously large specs, as for part count, that interstellar ship has (rough count) 20-30 or so parts, it's the size that throws people off.

13 minutes ago, Kapitalizing Every Word said:

CS2? Is that real or just a joke?

It's rumored all over the Steam channels and Facebook groups that 2025 might be a reality. The speculation is this:

• Might be an option to play on a host network or "room" where cities can be linked in a virtual region (a sort of multi-player/play with friends option).
  • Procedural roads where you can decide if it will be asymmetrical, two lane, three lane, etc.  (this would cut down on my mod list by about 1/3).
  • Better optimization and graphics (something that you can do now with mods).
  • Randomly generated terrain (you can set parameters with % of ocean, river, flatland, mountains/hills, and elevation).

Just remember, all that above is all speculation, just as a lot of what the unofficial KSP stuff does. :) 

38 minutes ago, Kapitalizing Every Word said:

No, I am going to need an upgrade. Windows 11 won't even install on my PC. i5 7th gen processor. So, yeah, it's time for an update.

32 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

No, I am going to need an upgrade. Windows 11 won't even install on my PC. i5 7th gen processor. So, yeah, it's time for an update.

There are guides out there that will help you install Win11. Most cases it's a bios setting that is stopping the install process. There are also guides that will get you through the install even if you don't have the "proper" hardware configuration recommended by MS.

35 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Procedural roads where you can decide if it will be asymmetrical, two lane, three lane, etc.  (this would cut down on my mod list by about 1/3).

That would be soooo awesome and indeed mod-saving!

Just now, modus said:

That would be soooo awesome and indeed mod-saving!

I had the Network Extension Mod and it's sequel for the longest time. Then about a year ago, I started experiencing random crashes. Found out it was NE2. So, had to ditch it and then select a bunch of network mods and start a new city. Took the heart out of the game for me. :(

3 minutes ago, Staticalliam7 said:

famous quote by yours truly: "anything is possible with enough fans and overclocking"

Unless you own a Dell. Then overclocking is impossible because of their proprietary system. I've tried. :huh:

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

Unless you own a Dell. Then overclocking is impossible because of their proprietary system. I've tried. :huh:

Dell Machines suck.

3 minutes ago, Staticalliam7 said:

You see, just cause there are minimum hardware requirements, doesn't mean you can go below them.

famous quote by yours truly: "anything is possible with enough fans and overclocking"

@adsii1970

Spoiler

QUOTE OF THE MONTH

Spoiler

QUOTE OF THE MONTH

Spoiler

QUOTE OF THE MONTH

Spoiler

QUOTE OF THE MONTH

Spoiler

QUOTE OF THE MONTH

Spoiler

QUOTE OF THE MONTH

Spoiler

QUOTE OF THE MONTH

Spoiler

QUOTE OF THE MONTH

Spoiler

QUOTE OF THE MONTH

Spoiler

QUOTE OF THE MONTH

Spoiler

QUOTE OF THE MONTH

Spoiler

QUOTE OF THE MONTH

Spoiler

QUOTE OF THE MONTH

Spoiler

QUOTE OF THE MONTH

Spoiler

QUOTE OF THE MONTH

14 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I had the Network Extension Mod and it's sequel for the longest time. Then about a year ago, I started experiencing random crashes. Found out it was NE2. So, had to ditch it and then select a bunch of network mods and start a new city. Took the heart out of the game for me. :(

Wow, I can imagine that...

I've read that NE3 is coming, so maybe that will give you a new spark :wink:

And now let's get back on topic before a mod catches us:sticktongue: