[1.12.5] Starship Expansion Project - SEP | v2.1.0 (March, 28th, 2024)

Kari

I updated the IVA so it is a little bit more useful, and uses handmade RPM touchscreens  for all kinds of purposes.

The new IVAs will be available whenever the next SEP update is ready, but if you want to try it already now:

I've included it in my Interface, which you can download here: https://github.com/Janus1992/KSP_Starship-kOS-Interface

ASET props is now also a required mod! If you don't use the ksp setting for full-texture resolution, the result will be a bit blurry according to the setting you select (below half texture size is not recommended for the screens).

The screens still have a few issues, not unsolvable:

- The navballs are not round, and are weirdly shaped due to the aspect ratio of the screens. The bug has been reported to the current maintainer of RPM. Fixed with the latest version of RPM!

- PFD 3 and PFD 4 (Docking Camera) need new camera transforms on the ship, which will be in the next SEP update. So PFD3 is grey for now, and the docking cam looks from the docking hatch (crew part), instead of from the QD port.

Here are some screenshots:

Pre-launch:

ZxOOrZg.jpg

Lunch:

knSU0wP.jpg

Circularizing:

JAcTisG.jpg

Nearly in a circular orbit:

4ATu38r.jpg

(the above screens are static, just to look pretty, and can't be interacted with)

There we go, 75x75,2km orbit:

bZjDQvO.jpg

Hi there, auto-docking in progress:

CthWyfk.jpg

q6j30Cd.jpg

Re-entry back to KSC:

fVM03QQ.jpg

Getting caught by the tower, time to get some more snacks for Jeb:

McqdLpX.jpg

I hope this will help make SEP feel a little more immersive. Enjoy!

Edited by Janus92

On 11/9/2023 at 11:09 AM, Janus92 said:

I updated the IVA so it is a little bit more useful, and uses handmade RPM touchscreens  for all kinds of purposes.

The new IVAs will be available whenever the next SEP update is ready, but if you want to try it already now:

I've included it in my Interface, which you can download here: https://github.com/Janus1992/KSP_Starship-kOS-Interface

ASET props is now also a required mod! If you don't use the ksp setting for full-texture resolution, the result will be a bit blurry according to the setting you select (below half texture size is not recommended for the screens).

The screens still have a few issues, not unsolvable:

- The navballs are not round, and are weirdly shaped due to the aspect ratio of the screens. The bug has been reported to the current maintainer of RPM.

- PFD 3 and PFD 4 (Docking Camera) need new camera transforms on the ship, which will be in the next SEP update. So PFD3 is grey for now, and the docking cam looks from the docking hatch (crew part), instead of from the QD port.

Here are some screenshots:

Pre-launch:

ZxOOrZg.jpg

Lunch:

knSU0wP.jpg

Circularizing:

JAcTisG.jpg

Nearly in a circular orbit:

4ATu38r.jpg

(the above screens are static, just to look pretty, and can't be interacted with)

There we go, 75x75,2km orbit:

bZjDQvO.jpg

Hi there, auto-docking in progress:

CthWyfk.jpg

q6j30Cd.jpg

Re-entry back to KSC:

fVM03QQ.jpg

Getting caught by the tower, time to get some more snacks for Jeb:

McqdLpX.jpg

I hope this will help make SEP feel a little more immersive. Enjoy!

I was just wondering, does your interface work on a 2.5 scaled kerbin?

On 11/11/2023 at 8:30 PM, Janus92 said:

At the moment I'm sure it does not. Perhaps I need to change only 1 thing, but I'd need to test this to be sure.

Many of us would love to play it in a scaled version of the Kerbolar System; since it's balanced for a 2.5x scale just as Tundra Exploration and BDB. 

Good job!

17 hours ago, adriangm44 said:

Many of us would love to play it in a scaled version of the Kerbolar System; since it's balanced for a 2.5x scale just as Tundra Exploration and BDB. 

Good job!

I made it so it "should" autodetect 2.5 scale as KSRSS (it checks: kerbin radius > 1000km), and set Apoapsis to 125km, but from what I've heard it keeps the default 75km target apoapsis somehow, right? Is that the issue?

FYI: The KSRSS craft files of my mod have the same fuel and masses as SEP does. I would say to definitely use those, and not Stock or RSS craft files.

Please tell me exactly how you install 2.5 scale (which mods, changes to configs, etc.), and I'll check it out.

Okay, someone in the discord pointed me in the right direction. Rescale 2.5x should now work as long as you have a folder called "Rescale 2.5x" in /GameData (and you have Sigma Dimensions installed). There may still be bugs that I haven't discovered. I changed the coordinates of the launch site, but I didn't test a landing at the new ones yet. So please tell me what goes wrong (or right)!

In this update there will be more fixes, like one of the PFDs camera transforms causes visual glitches all over KSP, so I turned that bit off. Also new are alerts shown on the PFD for all kinds of situations (impact warning, temperature and slope warnings, gear warning, engine flame-out, battery low, etc)

Edited by Janus92

3 hours ago, bruthalmao said:

why is the main body for it broken like i cant attatch it to anyhting i really wanna sue this mod

Can you... please be a bit more specific???
Maybe provide a log and an in-game screenshot? Maybe provide a screenshot of your gamedata folder too?

uhm, what's this? KSP Forums? Oh boy it's been a while since I used this. It shouldn't be too difficult

After a few months of please don't hurt your coworkersyou definitely should work on your mod  and a bit of Ok I'm slower than FWS I should do something, I'm here to tell you that we do not have a big update, just some fixes and small changes that are months old and should've been released a long time ago, anyway:

Version 2.0.3 Changelog 

• Fixed Untextured cluster engines
  • Updated RO patches
  • Increased RCS thrust on ship and booster
  • Updated Plumes (Pre IFT-2)

As always, download is available at SpacedockGitHub and CKAN.

Just to make sure you don't go away sad, here's some pics of definitely not any old work and pretty much prototype update  another revamp (please help me)

Spoiler

image.png?ex=65684be0&is=6555d6e0&hm=cd5
image.png?ex=6568f081&is=65567b81&hm=65c
image.png?ex=656d564f&is=655ae14f&hm=a3d

my current plans are match the booster default model to b7-b9 (HSR, Grid Fins and Raceway, pipes, etc), add a generic non recoverable starship and generic ship depot with engine covers (which is pretty much done) and then I'll finish my sn15 I promise 

Edit: Had to push v.2.0.3.1 due to a duplicate waterfall patch on booster, make sure you update or delete "SH Cluster.cfg" (with a space)

Edited by Kari

GKr4CWa.jpg

Hey guys, im struggling to get the reflections on the starship to show the sky. Ive got textures unlimited, scatterer, planet shine, and have the reflection refresh rate and resolution up. The reflections from the ground show up but for some reason I just can't get the sky to reflect.

Edited by ike2462
forgot to add the image for reference

Maybe i'm having a brain fade , i've installed the mod and all the required dependencies .

Once i've reached my required orbit and then wish to try and return how do I  vent the fuel from the ship i've tried right click and don't seem to have a button to vent the fuel with just a choice of fuel contents ?

On 11/27/2023 at 10:32 PM, Puggonaut said:

Maybe i'm having a brain fade , i've installed the mod and all the required dependencies .

Once i've reached my required orbit and then wish to try and return how do I  vent the fuel from the ship i've tried right click and don't seem to have a button to vent the fuel with just a choice of fuel contents ?

theres an button on the main tank called activate engine that is the vent button

7 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

hey @Janus92 i was wondering if now that they have the docking port on the engines you can add the booster restack?

I'm currently working on it. I moved the Interface over to the SEP dev branch, and I already got docking the booster to the OLM working, ship will be next.

Some things in the Interface will be broken for a while due to the many changes, like auto-docking (not sure why this happens) and perhaps some ship landings (some mass/thrust changes coming up), but they will improve again over time.

Noteworthy is also that the new IVA screens are included in the SEP dev branch!

Edited by Janus92

• 2 weeks later...