[1.12] FreeIva

JonnyOThan

29 minutes ago, mor128 said:

Really love the update, but my station got attacked by the kraken after I installed it. I think it has to do with the PAS-MULT Connector.

Log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqwDNW8Nrrpo9m3gouFbCgJGjoCB?e=1u1pvR

Oh hey, a new build of Reviva just dropped.  Try this and let me know if you still have the problem!  https://github.com/harveyt/reviva/releases

Oh boy oh boy am I excited to give this another go!!

Update:
HOLY CANOLI THIS IS AMAZING. The original was a nice proof of concept, but this--this is beautiful. Going through hatches to another module is just chefs kiss.

10/10 my dude, thank you for doing this.

Another update:
Guys this is incredible. You can even pass through the Multi-Point Station Connectors via Docking Ports. Un-fricken-real, dude.

Edited by ElonsMusk
Installed and tried.

Another update!

https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/releases/tag/0.2.3

Controls: https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/wiki/Controls
Support: https://discord.gg/vBDzZAq3AF

Dependencies

• ModuleManager
  • Reviva is recommended if you use certain structural parts from Planetside or StockalikeStationPartsExpansion that change their shape based on B9PartSwitch variants. Reviva will allow for altering the internal model as well. See known issues below.

Notable Changes

Bug Fixes

• Fix some issues caused by restock changes
  • Fixed hatch tubes appearing in unsupported parts
  • Other minor stuff

Known Issues

• Windows in distant parts do not render correctly
  • When using a part that swaps internals with Reviva, physics will go crazy on the first launch of the vessel. Reverting to launch should fix it. NOTE this has been fixed in Reviva 0.8
  • The internals of distant parts are visible through windows
Edited by JonnyOThan

10 hours ago, Deep12000 said:

Could I get a list of all stock parts it's possible to IVA in?

If you right-click a part in the parts box in the VAB, it will tell you if FreeIVA supports it.

In general, it's all crewed parts (parts with seats), the adapters and multi-couplers, docking ports, and any thin parts like batteries, decouplers, reaction wheels, etc.  The mk3 cargo bays, structural tubes, etc. are set up so that they won't block an EVA from an attached part (you can still EVA out of the back of the shuttle cockpit if there's a cargo bay attached).

Edited by JonnyOThan

2 minutes ago, OneRocket said:

I downloaded the latest module manager and it didn't work: which version do I need and where do I get it from?

You need the latest version of modulemanager.  Something probably wasn’t installed correctly.  Please post your KSP.log file.

16 minutes ago, OneRocket said:

this is my KSP.log - latest load is only Squad folder, I removed KerbalEngineer and TweakScale - loaded fine, still don't have a "modulemanager" or know where to get it

A log file from after uninstalling all the mods is not useful in diagnosing an installation problem. You might want to just try ckan, it makes this super easy.

1 hour ago, JonnyOThan said:

A log file from after uninstalling all the mods is not useful in diagnosing an installation problem. You might want to just try ckan, it makes this super easy.

its fine i did some digging in various forums for this "modulemanager" and it works fine

On 12/2/2022 at 9:49 PM, JonnyOThan said:

Please post your logs, and maybe indicate which parts it occurs with.

Random guess: did you click "clone" on the github repository instead of downloading the release zip file?  That could possibly cause that problem.

Im also having this issue

2 hours ago, Deep12000 said:

So how would I make a gravity ring I can actually use with FreeIVA? I've seen Matt Lowne use a rotor with some Mk1 Crew Cabins connected to it as the arms and a bunch of Mk2 (or 1) cabins rotated as the ring itself. Obviously that isn't FreeIVA friendly.

Yeah that’s not going to work. Currently, the only supported centrifuges are the ones from stockalike station parts expansion redux.

I should have support for the gravity ring from kerbalism in the next release, and at some point later I might try to support rotor-based ones.

5 hours ago, Smoogs said:

Im also having this issue

This was fixed in 0.2.2.  If you’re seeing it in a version later than that, please post your logs and the craft file.

4 hours ago, Deep12000 said:

suggestion: Mk2 and Mk3 adaptors with fuel and oxidizer drained traversability 

This is tricky because the traversibility would be configured at launch and I can’t stop people from adding fuel later.  Perhaps there could be a clone or variant of those parts though…

On 12/21/2022 at 9:40 PM, Deep12000 said:

suggestion: Mk2 and Mk3 adaptors with fuel and oxidizer drained traversability 

Feels like a slippery slope - but an interesting one nonetheless

21 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

variant of those parts though…

Near Future Construction and Launch Vehicles has dedicated structural variants of certain parts that are fuel less. Could work similarly.

11 hours ago, KerbalOnKerbin said:

Question - I can't get onto the ladders in the outer part of a centrifuge. I press space and everything, but I can't grab on to climb out back into the main spacecraft. Any fix?

Space bar only works to *enter* a centrifuge.  If you're already in the artificial gravity mode, use shift/ctrl to move up or down on a ladder when touching it.  Space bar when on a ladder will let go.

If you can't get it to work, please indicate which centrifuge you're having trouble with - it's possible that something is set up wrong.  I did my best to test them all but it's a lot of parts!

Edited by JonnyOThan