Kerbal Space Program 2: Episode 7 - Recording Rockets

36 minutes ago, Lupi said:

Oho nifty

Hide contents

iN6lZAm.png

i went to look at my mun arch landers and neato

This is the most worrying thing I've seen so far, and I'm including everything that's happened from 2019 to now.

If it is a puzzle/series of anomalies ok, but I really hope it's not something about warp-gates or some alien tech that enables faster interstellar travel.

That said, great video! The audio design sounds awesome!

1 hour ago, Nirgal said:

Great but we need moar boos... gameplay videos please ;) 

As much as I appreciate you saying please, Intercept aren't a crew of jesters dancing to our every whim. Audio design is very underrated, and I'm glad they provided some insight into the process.

1 hour ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

They quietly just pushed 1.12.5 to KSP1, giving context to that ship crashing onto the Mun's Arch at the end of the Episode...

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/220200/view/3650762049190579639?l=english

ChangeLog:
=================================== v1.12.5 ============================================================
+++ Improvements
* Added something...on Mun.

Capture courtesy of @Truthful_ast on Twitter

Anyone got ideas for what  it is or what it means?

I have very mixed feelings about this.... It's super cool that they added something to the original game in reference to KSP2 but... what in the world is this? This hints that there's some kind of ancient spacefaring civilization. I know there were a vocal few on these forums that wanted something like this, but I really didn't. KSP hits so well with its players because it's so similar to humankind's own history. Except we don't have anything like this going on in our existence, and we (almost definitely) never will. 

Alien tech concealed in the Mun arch, a planet 9 analog hinted in an earlier animation, an aborted KSP 1 storyline involving a planet that nearly left the Kerbol system by accident and deployed the monoliths in a last ditch attempt to spread life... Extremely unlikely, but I hope the abandoned jumpdrive planet from KSP 1 makes it into KSP 2 :)

nCtAxHB.jpg

Just visited the Mun to get this for you guys. 

I'm not sure that it shows the planets... Unless that Purple one represents Eve and its single moon... But what's the yellow planet to the right of "Eve" with a single moon... 

3 minutes ago, Ahres said:

I have very mixed feelings about this.... It's super cool that they added something to the original game in reference to KSP2 but... what in the world is this? This hints that there's some kind of ancient spacefaring civilization. I know there were a vocal few on these forums that wanted something like this, but I really didn't. KSP hits so well with its players because it's so similar to humankind's own history.

It's so similar to America's history. If you want hotstage adapters and decouplers a la Soviet rockets, pff. 1.875m adapter, take it or leave it. What? You wanted variety in a game that, for a time, was only managed by two overworked (and likely underpaid) devs because Squad couldn't think of anything better to do?? :D

(The message is serious, KSP had an awfully sparse, patchy, and americacentric parts list, but the delivery is hyperbolic; don't take it too seriously!)

6 minutes ago, Ahres said:

Except we don't have anything like this going on in our existence, and we (almost definitely) never will. 

...and?

Just now, TheOrios said:

the yellow planet is duna

also jool is there too but it's mostly covered up

And the blue one could only be Moho :D

Just now, Bej Kerman said:

It's so similar to America's history. If you want hotstage adapters and decouplers a la Soviet rockets, pff. 1.875m adapter, take it or leave it. What? You wanted variety in a game that, for a time, was only managed by two overworked (and likely underpaid) devs because Squad couldn't think of anything better to do?? :D

(The message is serious, KSP had an awfully sparse, patchy, and americacentric parts list, but the delivery is hyperbolic; don't take it too seriously!)

...and?

Good ol' Bej, I knew you'd answer. I apologize that I didn't articulate well enough. I simply mean in the history of humankind we haven't found evidence of an ancient spacefaring civilization leaving something behind that we stumbled upon. And any reasonable amount of statistical background would inform someone that we realistically never will. Ever. 

I was hyped for KSP2 because of how much we've heard that everything we'll be discovering in the game will be geologically realistic. Now we've got things in the game that instead of describing a realistic geologic past, could be describing the actions of an ancient, highly, highly improbable spacefaring species. It's the frontier spirit in me I suppose... there's something awe-inspiring to me about knowing I'll be the first one to set foot on this body. Now it turns out that I've already been beaten to the punch and there was never a chance of me doing so.

One of the most exciting parts of this feature episode for me was seeing the attention being put towards modest ambient sound effects and machinery.  In the past, I've run Factorio, Ixion, and the KSP1 Astronaut Complex  as background noise which should show just how valuable an immersive soundscape can be.

On 1/11/2023 at 6:00 PM, GoldForest said:

nCtAxHB.jpg

Just visited the Mun to get this for you guys. 

I'm not sure that it shows the planets... Unless that Purple one represents Eve and its single moon... But what's the yellow planet to the right of "Eve" with a single moon... 

Looks like a new star system map to me
vlk2svpbtfba1.png?width=3832&format=png&u5pnn18otfba1.png?width=3840&format=png&

Edited by Acid_Burn9

Just now, Ahres said:

Now it turns out that I've already been beaten to the punch and there was never a chance of me doing so.

"A dinosaur probably once defecated on the island we've made landfall on, Larry, but don't let it soil the feeling of discovery!"

Just now, Acid_Burn9 said:

Looks like a new star system map to me
vlk2svpbtfba1.png?width=3832&format=png&u5pnn18otfba1.png?width=3840&format=png&

No, I just confirmed it is the Kerbolar system. If you camera clip, you can confirm that the one to the right of the yellow one is Jool. It green with 5 moons. 

Ahhh watching him record high bay and machine shop and regulator noises...that's home for me every day at work and it will be so awesome in KSP2 to hear noises that aren't just meant to sound LIKE the places I am familiar with, but ARE the sounds...it'll get me so immersed.

As for the whatchamacallit beneath the arch...ahhhhh! This hints to them finally following up on the never-implemented story parts of KSP. I would love for there to be story elements you can uncover if you go Anomaly-hunting, and ruins and lore and who knows what! Even, what if you need to find anomalies across the kerbolar system in order to piece together maps to specific star systems of interest...giving some purpose to "why these other stars in particular?"

So much hype energy!

28 minutes ago, Ahres said:

I have very mixed feelings about this.... It's super cool that they added something to the original game in reference to KSP2 but... what in the world is this? This hints that there's some kind of ancient spacefaring civilization. I know there were a vocal few on these forums that wanted something like this, but I really didn't. KSP hits so well with its players because it's so similar to humankind's own history. Except we don't have anything like this going on in our existence, and we (almost definitely) never will. 

The anomalies in KSP1 have always had sci-fi or supernatural elements to them. From the face on Duna to the dead Kraken.

Just now, Jarin said:
31 minutes ago, Ahres said:

The anomalies in KSP1 have always had sci-fi or supernatural elements to them. From the face on Duna to the dead Kraken.

Yeah... it's funny how only now, of all the possible times people could have started complaining about alien anomalies, we see this now. They draw the line at a funny star system map and not a literal dead alien or SSTV broadcasts.

Edited by Bej Kerman