Video: How about those rocket sounds though?

So we are just over a month away from launch and we had a short, a long form video, and now another short that dropped(nice stage separation). Is it about time for the marketing campaign to ramp up? Cause I know it has been relatively silent lately compared to announcement and now things are starting to show.

https://youtube.com/shorts/FbjKpF5z9Lo?feature=share

Anyways, drop off your thoughts and opinions about the matter.

EDIT: Since when are we not able to post youtube videos here?

Something went wrong. Check the values provided on the marked tabs and try again.

The value entered includes a character that is not allowed such as an Emoji.

Edited by mcwaffles2003

43 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

EDIT: Since when are we not able to post youtube videos here?

43 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Something went wrong. Check the values provided on the marked tabs and try again.

The value entered includes a character that is not allowed such as an Emoji.

69G538I.png

Emoji apparently. Though it's strange that this website can't simply replace those emojis with something that works

Edited by intelliCom

1 hour ago, intelliCom said:

69G538I.png

Emoji apparently. Though it's strange that this website can't simply replace those emojis with something that works

there was no emoji though... mybe cause its a youtube shorts link?

Anyways, beside the point.  I highly doubt this game will get released without a marketing campaign and launch day is approaching

Let's see if this works instead...

EDIT: Yeah I'm getting weird errors when I do that. It's not even as a YouTube shorts link.

Yes the title has a rocket emoji on the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbjKpF5z9Lo

rb0JCti.png

2 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Anyways, beside the point.  I highly doubt this game will get released without a marketing campaign and launch day is approaching

Yeah it's strange. As I've mentioned before, I suspect we'll get to see way more a full month before release, in late January.

If there's nothing by then, I'm wondering what's going on at T2 to make them think it's a good idea to undermarket a game with this much development time. Maybe an excuse to make it underperform and cancel it?

Edited by intelliCom

As the first beta will be far from feature complete, and probably fairly buggy, it makes sense to me to save the marketing for later.

Considering that the purpose of the beta primarily is to gather feedback for a better 1.0, not to raise more funds for development (or so it seems), it makes sense to get the enthusiasts early and save the marketing push to the masses when the game is in a better state.

I think the topic title should refer to the marketing campaign, not the audio (there's another thread for that). I think we're all very willing to get super hyped for the game and want to see as much promotional material as we can up until release. I mean.. there should really be at least a month of intense marketing for it, if not for the current community, at least to attract new players.

I hope we're getting a new cinematic trailer soon.

2 hours ago, farge-tv said:

As the first beta will be far from feature complete, and probably fairly buggy, it makes sense to me to save the marketing for later.

Considering that the purpose of the beta primarily is to gather feedback for a better 1.0, not to raise more funds for development (or so it seems), it makes sense to get the enthusiasts early and save the marketing push to the masses when the game is in a better state.

Very much that.

32 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

I think the topic title should refer to the marketing campaign, not the audio (there's another thread for that). I think we're all very willing to get super hyped for the game and want to see as much promotional material as we can up until release. I mean.. there should really be at least a month of intense marketing for it, if not for the current community, at least to attract new players.

I hope we're getting a new cinematic trailer soon.

Here's the thing. The product isn't releasing, so why market it? Would you market a car that is still in prototyping phase? No. You wouldn't. You would wait until it entered production to market it. 

KSP 2 Early Access is like the prototyping phase of building a car. You don't market a prototype. KSP 2's marketing won't kick off until Intercept is sure they are ready and want to release 1.0. That could be 5 months after EA, or it could be 5 years. 

A new cinematic trailer would be nice, something to show off the new scope of the game, yes. 

But only after they've calmed down a little. Remember, they're quite busy right now with the looming release of Early Access, and things are only going to get worse for them when EA does finally drop. They're going to be swarmed with bug reports, feature requests and more. Intercept Games is going to get real busy real soon. 

4 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

A new cinematic trailer would be nice, something to show off the new scope of the game, yes. 

There wasn't much change here, was it? The plan remained the same, new KSP with interstellar travel, colonies and everything in between. Only the quality, and possibly quantity improved. 

4 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

There wasn't much change here, was it? The plan remained the same, new KSP with interstellar travel, colonies and everything in between. Only the quality, and possibly quantity improved. 

True, hmmm. Then a cinematic trailer just showing off more details of already known stuff, or something to that effect. 

3 hours ago, GoldForest said:

True, hmmm. Then a cinematic trailer just showing off more details of already known stuff, or something to that effect. 

In case a new trailer is really needed, I'd argue for a gameplay based one. One in which they might be showing off snippets of stuff that comes while/after EA. I'm afraid with another cinematic trailer (which would also take more time to produce) the imagination of some here will go haywire. :D

15 minutes ago, Snafu225 said:

In case a new trailer is really needed, I'd argue for a gameplay based one. One in which they might be showing off snippets of stuff that comes while/after EA. I'm afraid with another cinematic trailer (which would also take more time to produce) the imagination of some here will go haywire. :D

I would hold off on a gameplay trailer until closer to 1.0 release, stable framerate, most if not all gameplay aspects in game, etc. 

1. Players should know EXACTLY what they are buying at EA release. The marketing should be 100% transparent and list all the features.

2. If you think that hype just builds up while the game is in EA, you're wrong. There is not going to be more interest in a game than there is now at first release. We're talking about a long awaited sequel to a successful game and a well known franchise, not some unknown independent early access prototype.

3. The game is going to become so complicated down the road that "the masses" will feel left behind and overwhelmed. The best time to start playing it is now, when it's a simple game with fewer mechanics. Just look at Paradox games - why would you buy all the dlc at once when you just want to learn the base game?

4. Intercept is already doing massive hiring for their new unannounced game. Their focus is changing. KSP2 needs to be successful now, not after 2 years.

Edited by Vl3d

8 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

1. Players should know EXACTLY what they are buying at EA release. The marketing should be 100% transparent and list all the features.

2. If you think that hype just builds up while the game is in EA, you're wrong. There is not going to be more interest in a game than there is now at first release. We're talking about a long awaited sequel to a successful game and a well known franchise, not some unknown independent early access prototype.

3. The game is going to become so complicated down the road that "the masses" will feel left behind and overwhelmed. The best time to start playing it is now, when it's a simple game with fewer mechanics. Just look at Paradox games - why would you buy all the dlc at once when you just want to learn the base game?

4. Intercept is already doing massive hiring for their new unannounced game. Their focus is changing. KSP2 needs to be successful now, not after 2 years.

1) Players will know exactly what they are getting into, because of gameplay videos and early access reviews. 

2) The amount of people that actually play early access games is VERY low. The most interest is going to be at official release, not at early access release.

3) Most people want a finished game, not a game with missing features. The best time for them is when the game actually launches. So no, the best time is not now. 

4) Source? They could just be looking for more people to help with KSP 2. Do you know 100% that it's a new game? While success now would be great, it's not needed. The place it's most needed is at 1.0 launch, because THAT is when people will jump on the bandwagon. 

19 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Yes, we have a roadmap for that. No, we won't have all features from the get go as stuff like that is likely to change a lot during development. You get all the features when you buy a 1.0 version, because 1.0 is  to be considered feature complete.

There is me, who is more hyped for all the interstellar stuff and colony building than the barebones EA release. So I'm careful putting statements out how hyped the game is going to be, I'd carefully estimate more like an 70/30% split or even a 50/50%.
Also I wouldn't consider KSP a well known franchise. It's awesome and outstanding in what it does, yet it is still a very, very niche game.

Nate and the devs are focusing really hard on preventing that. Like they said in one of the dev videos: Going to another star is the same as going towards the moon, you just have to be more precise. Not a direct a quote, but you get the gist of it. Also that's exactly the reason why they put a lot of work in their tutorials. I'd say more people will buy a 1.0 game rather than an EA title.

Haven't heard anything like that so I won't go into that, though I'd be interested in a source.

Edit: Also what @GoldForest said

Edited by Snafu225
See above^

you will build a lighthearted universe, layer a story that takes players on an adventure where any problem can be solved creatively, and provide compelling, universe-consistent grounding for gameplay systems

Are you a skilled and passionate technical artist, with a love for space exploration, rocketry, worldbuilding, and related entertainment media? Do you possess the ability to bridge the creative and technical components of game development? If you said ‘yes’, this might be the role for you!

Is prototyping complicated gameplay with only visual scripting and placeholder assets your kind of fun? Do you dream about maintaining elaborate spreadsheets of balance variables and finding the sweet spot between challenge and accessibility?

Collaborate with lead designer to identify and implement gameplay systems in a physically authentic sandbox.

So I read the descriptions @Vl3d, now there's four possiblities:

1. They are working on KSP 3 /s
  2. They are working on unannounced DLCs for KSP2 (keep in mind the blurry stuff on the KSP2 roadmap)
  3. They are trying to implement all the ridiculous wishes and suggestions many have
  4. They are actually developing another sandbox, rocket based, space exploration game which requires the player to be creative while adhering to close to reality physics

Wait... Point 4 sounds like KSP 3

Folks, KSP 3 confirmed /s

Edited by Snafu225
Typo