Steam stream images - KSC Beta Gameplay Timelapse

Vl3d

4 hours ago, Jacob Kerman said:

I am an idiot. I thought you meant artifact in the same way, lets say MTG, views them. Apologies.

It looks like what would happen if someone was recording a monitor with a camera and there was something in the background causing a reflection on the screen.  Which would be really weird for a stream… but who knows. 

8 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Like I wrote - I've seen them myself during the streams and seen other videos.  At first - because I kept seeing them along the coast - I thought they were a something there that was intentional and flashing.  But then I began to see green and purple flashes in random places.  Further, the 'primary color' aspect (all one color) reminds me of some glitches I've seen in other places.  Flash artifacts 

The little yellow and green flashes above the VAB and astronaut complex(?) you see during the night are just stars reflecting in the lakes. The surface normal appears to be a bit wavy, resulting in these stars reflecting only in brief flashes, but you can clearly match them up against bright stars on the skybox.

The big purple (and occasionally green) flashes to the right, above the dish, and that I've only seen during the day, but maybe I missed some, are definitely some sort of rendering artifacts. You can tell that it's not something that showed up during capture because you can see them reflecting in the water on some of the brighter flashes, resulting in a big blob. That is consistent with rough but shiny surface of the ocean picking up a very, very bright object. These might actually be point sources of exceptional intensity that are showing up as blobs due to bloom or similar filter. In either case, the fact that blobs look different in reflection tells me that this had to happen during rendering, because if this was a capture artifact, it wouldn't matter where the flash happened in relation to the topography.

Just watched the linked vods, I'm really impressed with this. Everyone is calling out the bad with this, but I would take this KSC over the one in KSP1. Granted, this looks to be a test scene for the clouds, so I'm not expecting perfection. But I loved how the clouds are rolling along fading in and out. What really impressed me is the fact the clouds are casting shadows on both the terrain and buildings. The only thing I can't tell is if the clouds are occluding the stars being reflected at night from the water. Once they get the lighting dialed in and the scatter effects hooked in, this will be a really pretty game. 

On 1/18/2023 at 3:20 AM, GoldForest said:

I'm not saying it is or it isn't. But it wasn't confirmed or denied that what we heard was KSP 2's soundtrack. It could be just some random royalty free-music. Until we get confirmation, I'll remain skeptical.

If you want to go that route, then you should know that at least a portion of the music in the livestream is confirmed to be from the KSP2 soundtrack. The music they use in the show and tells for Pol, Mammoth-II, engine exhaust, and others that has the deep percussion to it was confirmed by Nate Simpson to be composed by Howard Mostrom and part of the game's soundtrack. Of course, that confirmation is years old at this point so I haven't taken the time to find Nate's comment about it.