[WIP] O.R.A.N.G.E.S - Stockalike Shuttle-Derived Launch Vehicles! (v1.0.0-beta-2 6/Feb/2023)

EStreetRockets

17 minutes ago, EStreetRockets said:
19 minutes ago, Richmountain112 said:

Could we get another release sometime soon?

That's probably not a bad idea. Maybe another beta release with all of this new Shuttle-C stuff? The official v1.0.0 won't be ready for some time, however.

That sounds like a good idea! Is the reusable boattail still being worked on?

Or at least a decoupler matching the Shuttle C?

Edited by Richmountain112

8 minutes ago, EStreetRockets said:

It can't fit 4 SSMEs. I checked it out.

Wasn't there a plan/concept to make a 4-engine shuttle? I think I remember seeing a shuttle concept with 4 engines. Or it was an SDLV with 4 engines. 

Also, is your shuttle-C downsized like Benjee's orbiter? 

15 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Wasn't there a plan/concept to make a 4-engine shuttle? I think I remember seeing a shuttle concept with 4 engines. Or it was an SDLV with 4 engines. 

Yes, there were some proposals (many by Robert Zubrin) to outfit a sidemount engine pod with 4 SSMEs. I hope to make parts for these vehicles at some point.

20 minutes ago, EStreetRockets said:

Correct. Not much else.

Do you plan on adding an Ares V core? I know Rogerwang (I think) made an Ares V mod, but it's kind of... well, not dead per say, but definitely not maintained. Maybe you could ask Rogerwang for the right to use the Ares V parts in ORANGES. 

Oh wait! There is one other large diameter core... kind of... The Jupiter Direct Heavy Launch Vehicle concept thing that used 2 shuttle stacks as boosters.