The KSP2 Journey Begins

Nate Simpson

3 hours ago, Malathion said:

I'm so excited about this game, that I actually ordered a new laptop and took Friday off work just to play it.

KSP brings joy to my life and I would like to thank Nate and his entire team for making it.

lol I was going to do exactly the same thing before i watch the  game play video.

My PC may go up in flames in a most Kerbal fashion (I don't have the Clydesdale booster GPU that this game requires), but the attempt will be worth it to give KSP2 a shot on  Friday when I take off from work at lunchtime! I'm trying to set up a moon race with other rocket engineers in my department (with scoring based on things like vehicle mass, and in-game time to a landing).

Edited by Vallius

Dear Nate and dev team,

I wpn't participate in EA for many reasons, most of which being IRL payments to make that will prevent me to buy the absurd hadware needed for the game just yet.

Not wanting to despair but I think you were forced to make this go EA where you clearly knew you needed one more year to polish your work.

I can wait, I have many things yet to achieve in the first game anyway. (Eve of Bust! mostly) and I made several modded installs to test many different things to have more experience at the game.

Let's hope that in a year's time your game will be worth it. Good luck and above all, if you really believe in your project, don't stop trying.

For now only time will tell.

You surely have to face some harsh next few weeks.

Also good luck for those who will buy this early on and try out this game in its rough current state.

On 2/20/2023 at 11:07 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm looking forward to trying it out on Friday, I will be streaming it as I learn it.  My system is midrange, so will see how it really performs

I’m looking forward to your stream and others as I do the same.

Sadly, the complaints are no different than when MSFS 2020 released; and for quite some time following. Will there be issues? Absolutely. Will the issues be resolved. In due time.

As far as specs go, they are what they are. I wouldn’t be trying to run early access game that is not overly well optimized on the potato so many people seem to have. Or maybe they’re just loud mouths.

Whatever the promises made, if they have met all those promises on release, I’d say they set their goals far too low.

On 2/20/2023 at 6:07 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I will be streaming it as I learn it.

I humbly request that you investigate the weird purple/yellow/green light that was seen around the KSC multiple times, as shown in these posts:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/187338-ksp2-hype-train-thread/&do=findComment&comment=4236718
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/187338-ksp2-hype-train-thread/&do=findComment&comment=4236742

So it begins! A new era of Kerbal. I know some of you are really frustruted for what to expect. Indeed if you are on that level of frustration, heres a tip: Don't buy the game right now. This is a great oportunity for the devs to see things comming together, that's why the EARLY ACCESS release. It's not the full game. And if you no understand that, it's because you proprably don't know everithing Kerbal is. KSP invented the Early Access, when this isnt even something. The most Kerbal to be, is that way I'm hopping to descovery on friday. Maybe I get to hyped by the launch and maybe I'm getting frustrated, after all, I don't have any high spec computer as well, but it is good enough to run some of the most modern games. I do believe that we need to wait and see what happens. But I'm not going guns blazing at forums and twitter complaining about defeacts. I'm realy want to be part of this, and for that I'm going to give feadback, and not criticism. Hope more and more people get into this mood and participate.

2 hours ago, BezKartuza said:

Well, how did you fly?
is there at least someone who was able to fly further than Mun without using a cheat?

yup. Landing on Duna right now. Modified  Kerbal K2-3 (swapped solids for larger ones).

Maneuver planner is a bit wonky and sometimes does unexpected things, but it works.
MEJ0UFC_t.png

Just here to say I'M SO HAPPY!!! Yes it's buggy, yes perfs are poor, yes it's bare bones. But I played KSP 1 when freakin SPACE wasn't implemented for kraken's sake. Doesn't stop me from having a ton of fun in game already. It is veeeery early access, and that's a good thing for the game's future.

From what I gathered from promotional material and now the EA release, they're going for exactly what I wanted, basically an upgraded KSP with a selection of Nertea's parts to enhance the experience visually and practically (love that they hired him).

I'm also very happy to come back here and see old and new people, can't wait for the first mods, community challenges and so on.

Love to you all, devs and players, haters and enthusiasts, kerbals and... others :happy:

Edited by Initar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.