Infinite Discoveries 0.9.9 (1.12.x)

Sushut

On 7/24/2023 at 8:37 AM, wli0526 said:

That can work with RSS?

Yes, without galaxy mode though. (Go into the _GameplaySettings.cfg file and change the rescale to "10")

Though do be warned that rescale for such a mod like this is not guaranteed to work as fully intended.

20 hours ago, bigyihsuan said:

Can this generate a system and replace the Kerbol system? I want to use this as a randomly-generated system replacer.

currently no, i thought of adding such a thing in the future

if you want, i can explain how to do it manually (it is a bit complicated in some areas, such as replacing kerbin)

Edited by Sushut
i speak words

On 7/28/2023 at 7:13 PM, Sushut said:

if you want, i can explain how to do it manually (it is a bit complicated in some areas, such as replacing kerbin)

Please do, so that others in my situation can do it as well

On 7/30/2023 at 5:17 PM, bigyihsuan said:

Please do, so that others in my situation can do it as well

Replacing Kerbin and the Sun is far too much for a text-based tutorial, so I'll explain how to just move some planets to Kerbol.

(Optional!) So first you'll have to remove all planets (except for the sun, and Kerbin.) This can be done with one config. (Paste the below code into a file with a .cfg extension, place it anywhere in the InfiniteDiscoveries folder)

Spoiler
@Kopernicus
{
    !Body[Moho]{}
    !Body[Eve]{}
    !Body[Gilly]{}
    // Kerbin cannot be deleted.
    !Body[Mun]{}
    !Body[Minmus]{}
    !Body[Duna]{}
    !Body[Ike]{}
    !Body[Dres]{}
    !Body[Jool]{}
    !Body[Laythe]{}
    !Body[Vall]{}
    !Body[Tylo]{}
    !Body[Bop]{}
    !Body[Pol]{}
    !Body[Eeloo]{}
}

Okay, all planets are now gone. Now find the generated planets that you wanna move (whatever system you find nice)

The planet configs are contained in the InfiniteDiscoveries/Configs/ folder, they have internal names like (two random letters)-(random number). The planets are ordered from B to Z.

In the planet config you can find the orbit node, set the referenceBody to "Sun"

Spoiler
Orbit
{
    referenceBody = Sun //<----- Replace this one with "Sun," the original was the star's internal name.
    color = 0.9603197048049991, 0.9583296743510439, 0.6328175500969618, 1
    semiMajorAxis = 7048049991
    inclination = 0
    eccentricity = 0.166
    longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0
    argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
    meanAnomalyAtEpochD = 274
    epoch = 0
    mode = OFF
    iconTexture = InfiniteDiscoveries/Textures/Misc/rockAtmoIco.png
}

After that, it should have been moved to Kerbol. Feel free to ask any questions.

(This feature likely be added in the 1.0.0 release, as 0.9.9 is already a lot and I have a lot of things to finish with it)

btw i dont know why the spacing is all screwed up in the examples, can't fix it when editing

Edited by Sushut
btw i dont know why the spacing is all screwed up in the examples, can't fix it when editing

On 7/26/2023 at 5:21 AM, Sushut said:

Yes, without galaxy mode though. (Go into the _GameplaySettings.cfg file and change the rescale to "10")

Though do be warned that rescale for such a mod like this is not guaranteed to work as fully intended.

Thanks

On 7/31/2023 at 8:18 PM, Sushut said:

-snip-

Excellent, thanks for the guide.

EDIT: It works! (though I flubbed the script to change the referenceBody's so all the moons are also orbiting the sun, haha)

Mqvduu6.png

Edited by bigyihsuan

10 hours ago, gounino said:

how do we get to the other systems? get a 20000 dv rocket or discover a wormhole or smth?

How you play KSP is up to you. This mod doesn't include wormholes though. (Yet.)

Can there be an option to have the planets use their fantasy names as internal names? A lot of mods (Transfer Window Planner, Mechjeb, etc) use the internal, non-fantasy names which makes it difficult to figure out what is what.

1 hour ago, bigyihsuan said:

Can there be an option to have the planets use their fantasy names as internal names? A lot of mods (Transfer Window Planner, Mechjeb, etc) use the internal, non-fantasy names which makes it difficult to figure out what is what.

Unfortunately not, since that would bring a lot more potential for errors (the amount of possible fantasy names is quite low and would risk having some internal names overlap.)

6 hours ago, bigyihsuan said:

I keep seeing this RedGiantThing object in Distant Object Enhancement and other in-game planet lists. What is it?

rA08zFl.png

It was an object I used to generate a cache (a cache stores the scaled model for kopernicus bodies)

The cache is used for red giants so they can look lumpy, it's kinda useless now but it's kinda funny to just leave it in

• 3 weeks later...

random bug/queston kinda related to that: I dont see the galaxy in galaxy mode. just the two black holes and stars. whats happening, is it something with a skybox?

edit: solved, I didnt want to read the things needed for galaxy mode

On 8/20/2023 at 12:24 AM, Sushut said:

It was an object I used to generate a cache (a cache stores the scaled model for kopernicus bodies)

The cache is used for red giants so they can look lumpy, it's kinda useless now but it's kinda funny to just leave it in

Edited by Sup3r_Tyl3r
solved

On 9/6/2023 at 2:40 PM, Sup3r_Tyl3r said:

What type of stars do these spawn?
Like brown dwarfs, red giants, hypergiants, etc?

currently there's 5 main types (they vary in size though, but generally there's 5) those being main sequence, white dwarfs, brown dwarfs, red giants, and neutron stars

On 9/7/2023 at 9:30 PM, Sushut said:

currently there's 5 main types (they vary in size though, but generally there's 5) those being main sequence, white dwarfs, brown dwarfs, red giants, and neutron stars

are you planning on adding more? seeing a hypergiant or wolf rayet star in KSP would be awesome.