Flight Plan [0.10.6 for KSP2 v0.2.0+]

schlosrat

1 hour ago, Sea_Kerman said:

From what I’ve experienced, MNC seems to work fine, I can tweak nodes without any issues.

Can confirm this. Also, I tested it again with Flight Plan installed and realized that not being able to create nodes manually was my fault: Apparently I only can't do that when the game is paused. If it is unpaused, it works, even with FP installed. My bad!

Enjoy your vacation schlosrat! :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3):

3 hours ago, schlosrat said:

If you’re having trouble making nodes at all then the problem might be Node Manager. Please let me know if you’re also possibly having issues with Maneuver Node Controller as that also uses Node Manager.

When you get back.  Enjoy your holidays.

Yeah, probably in Node Manager.  Seems that things that use Node Manager are having issues adding new nodes including Maneuver Node Controller as reported by munix in the topic for Maneuver Node Controller.

We’ve tracked the issue down to a call to the CreateManeuverNodeAtUT method in Node Manager, which itself calls one of the games’s API methods. At least that’s where the Null Reference Errors are showing up. Some very talented people are helping to sort this out, so fingers crossed that we can get a new version of NM out that will enable FP to work in 0.2.0.

Big thanks to @munix for tracking down and fixing the issue in Node Manager. Thanks to him we’ve got a new release of Node Manager (0.7.1) which enables both Flight Plan and Maneuver Node Controller to work in KSP 2 0.2.2 For Science! 

If you have trouble creating maneuver nodes in Flight Plan in For Science! Then please make sure you’ve got Space Warp 1.6.0+ and Node Manager 0.7.1. You should be able to do this with CKAN.

Edited by schlosrat

51 minutes ago, schlosrat said:

Big thanks to @munix for tracking down and fixing the issue in Node Manager. Thanks to him we’ve got a new release of Node Manager (0.7.1) which enables both Flight Plan and Maneuver Node Controller to work in KSP 2 0.2.2 For Science! 

If you have trouble creating maneuver nodes in Flight Plan in For Science! Then please make sure you’ve got Space Warp 1.6.0+ and Node Manager 0.7.1. You should be able to do this with CKAN.

Thanks so much! Now I can use it for Science...I have a problem, unable to download and install it using Ckan as it appears an error message

"

About to install:
 * Node Manager 0.7.1 (spacedock.info, 57.4 KiB)
 * Flight Plan 0.9.1 (cached)
Downloading "https://spacedock.info/mod/3366/Node%20Manager/download/0.7.1"
Finished downloading NodeManager 0.7.1, validating and storing to cache...
Trying to install NodeManager 0.7.1, but it's not downloaded or download is corrupted
Error during installation!
If the above message indicates a download error, please try again. Otherwise, please open an issue for us to investigate.
If you suspect a metadata problem: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/new/choose
If you suspect a bug in the client: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/new/choose

"

Is it only me? or happens to everyone? 

I'm so glad we were able to get this sorted before Christmas! If you run into any other issues please feel free to post those here and I'll work on them when I get home. In the meantime, I hope FP can help you get where you need to go... For Science!

I am experiencing an issue with regard to the interface not appearing when called.  Two "different" problems encountered with it. 

The first was when I used F2 to minimize the HUD to see what that was all about.  Everything minimized as expected, except when I went back to have the HUD displayed, the interface was not present.  If I went to minimize the HUD, the interface would be shown there.  Restarting the game corrected this behaviour.

The second problem was with a new playthrough and the  interface doesn't appear at all when requested.  As before, a game reset corrected this.  Of the assorted tools I have here, this is the only one that doesn't behave.

Beyond this weird issue, it does most of what I have needed so far.

edit/ another one appeared where the interface would only appear while in map mode and refused to appear in flight, HUD present or not.  This with a fresh install.
/edit

These are all the mods I am currently using.

BepInEx (BepInEx 1:1.7.0)
Community Fixes (CommunityFixes 0.9.0)
Community Resources (CommunityResources 0.2.0)
Docking Alignment Display (DockingAlignmentDisplay 0.4.2)
Fancy Fuel Tanks (FancyFuelTanks 0.1.4.3)
Flight Plan (FlightPlan 0.9.1)
H.U.M.A.N.S. (HUMANS v1.1.0)
K2-D2 (K2D2 v0.11.1)
Kerbal Life-Support System (KerbalLifeSupportSystem 0.5.1)
Kesa Solar (KESASolar 1.0.7)
Konfig (Konfig 0.0.4)
Kontrol System 2 (KontrolSystem2 0.5.1)
Maneuver Node Controller (ManeuverNodeController 1.1.1)
MapView Focus and Targeting (MapViewFocusTargeting 1.0.1)
Micro Engineer (MicroEngineer 1.6.0)
Node Manager (NodeManager 0.7.1)
Orbital Survey (OrbitalSurvey 0.3.0)
Patch Manager (PatchManager 0.6.1)
Shadow Utility LIB (ShadowUtilityLIB 0.0.9)
SpaceWarp (SpaceWarp 1.7.0)
UITK for KSP 2 (UITKforKSP2 2.4.0)

Edited by Mike S

9 minutes ago, DougS2K said:

Fantastic mod. One suggestion. Any chance of making this mod scaleable? Playing at 1440p and it seems just a little big on screen. K2-D2 seems to have the scaling just right IMO.

It's not exactly what you were asking for, but in Settings -> Mods -> UITK for KSP 2, there's a global setting for the UI scale of all mods that use the library, which Flight Plan does. You can switch it from automatic to manual and set a value that you like.

9 hours ago, munix said:

It's not exactly what you were asking for, but in Settings -> Mods -> UITK for KSP 2, there's a global setting for the UI scale of all mods that use the library, which Flight Plan does. You can switch it from automatic to manual and set a value that you like.

Thanks for the info. I'll give that a try later. I didn't realized there was another scaling option other then the default one in the game.

57 minutes ago, Jhaxxar said:

Question...... I already have a Flight Plan V0.9.1 in my KSP2 V1.5.1.  I s this the same as the Flight Plan V0.9.1  on Space Dock that says it is for KSP2 V0.2.0?

Yes, it didn't need an update so it was just marked as compatible with 0.2.0 on SpaceDock. You will however need to update Node Manager, which is its dependency.

Edited by munix

This is I expect a PEBCAK, but: using Flight Plan 0.9.1 via CKAN, Node Manager 0.7.1, and no MNC install, I tried to do interplanetary transfers from Kerbin to Duna using next transfer window. A maneuver node was created, and the time until burn seemed correctish (given when the transfer window should have started), but when I'd warp to the burn time KSP2 would max warp and go past burn time and the time until burn would get something like 400-something days added to it. I'd eventually get to burn, but it'd put me in a Kerbol orbit that would take way longer than the transfer should have taken to get to a point where I could make another Hohlman transfer to intercept Duna.

I'm installing MNC now to see if it helps, but has anyone else seen this or know what's going on?

5 hours ago, Fetch said:

This is I expect a PEBCAK, but: using Flight Plan 0.9.1 via CKAN, Node Manager 0.7.1, and no MNC install, I tried to do interplanetary transfers from Kerbin to Duna using next transfer window. A maneuver node was created, and the time until burn seemed correctish (given when the transfer window should have started), but when I'd warp to the burn time KSP2 would max warp and go past burn time and the time until burn would get something like 400-something days added to it. I'd eventually get to burn, but it'd put me in a Kerbol orbit that would take way longer than the transfer should have taken to get to a point where I could make another Hohlman transfer to intercept Duna.

I'm installing MNC now to see if it helps, but has anyone else seen this or know what's going on?

That probably isn't an error on your side (and MNC is definitely not required), interplanetary transfers just don't work well yet.

14 minutes ago, RocketBlam said:

I'm having problems with this mod. the nodes it creates are just... wrong. The resulting manuever is entirely wrong, sometimes almost 180 degrees out of phase. It's updated and all my mods are updated in CKAN.

With all maneuvers? As I said above, interplanetary transfers are known not to work well, but if other maneuvers are wrong as well, that's a bug.

Edited by munix

22 minutes ago, munix said:

With all maneuvers? As I said above, interplanetary transfers are known not to work well, but if other maneuvers are wrong as well, that's a bug.

No, just interplanetary maneuvers. 

I found a workaround though. I time-warped for a couple of hundred days, because the maneuver was going to be way in the future. Then I tried again, and it worked. Seems like it may not handle nodes that are (or need to be) very far in the future.

7 minutes ago, RocketBlam said:

I've got a save file I can send if it helps.

I don't think it's necessary, since it has always been known to not work very well, but I don't want to speak for schlosrat.

I think I encounter a bug:

The interplanetary transfer seems to be inaccurate. It usually miss the target, cannot even make a intercept.

Game version 0.2.0.

Only has this mods and its recommended mod 

7 hours ago, ww1612 said:

I think I encounter a bug:

The interplanetary transfer seems to be inaccurate. It usually miss the target, cannot even make a intercept.

Game version 0.2.0.

Only has this mods and its recommended mod 

See above, interplanetary transfer planning seems to just not work well for now.