For anyone keeping score

RaBDawG

It's Friday and still not even a date provided for the next patch, with no new content, reentry heating, etc even in sight.

I continue to maintain this is an elaborate troll job / Social experiment. 

Well, nobody is in the office yet as it is just barely 7 am out here (pacific time zone, which is where the devs are).  While I doubt we will get any information today, at least give the guys time to log on before proclaiming we aren't getting anything today.

As far as I remember, today the developers should announce the release date of the patch. It seems to me that this is not a very significant event. If the developers cannot even formulate a release date for the patch, then it will be just some kind of shame. I don't think they've reached that level yet.

1 hour ago, Alexoff said:

As far as I remember, today the developers should announce the release date of the patch. It seems to me that this is not a very significant event. If the developers cannot even formulate a release date for the patch, then it will be just some kind of shame. I don't think they've reached that level yet.

Whilst I see your point, would you rather them give a date they know they can achieve, as opposed to 'making one up' when they aren't sure?  There has been enough moving of dates already over the last few years, even if 'specific' dates weren't given. 

8 minutes ago, pandaman said:

Whilst I see your point, would you rather them give a date they know they can achieve, as opposed to 'making one up' when they aren't sure?  There has been enough moving of dates already over the last few years, even if 'specific' dates weren't given. 

The problem is that it has been proven TT/IG/PD can't formulate real dates, nor can they stick to the ones they've stated.  They simply haven't, period.

9 minutes ago, pandaman said:

Whilst I see your point, would you rather them give a date they know they can achieve, as opposed to 'making one up' when they aren't sure?

If they changed update cadence, they could also be a bit more consistent with communication. "We might give you some info next week" doesn't cut it for me now when the patches are ~2 months apart. At least they can set up a schedule on ~2/3 week period to communicate what issues have been addressed in the meantime. Next patch may arrive, when it arrives.

11 minutes ago, pandaman said:

Nate said that this week he would announce a new patch. It seems to me that this is not such a difficult activity to announce the next fixes. This is not a science that should come out in a relatively complete form. Nobody told us the size of the patch and the list of fixes, that is, the patch can be released as it is.

6 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

Nate said that this week he would announce a new patch. It seems to me that this is not such a difficult activity to announce the next fixes. This is not a science that should come out in a relatively complete form. Nobody told us the size of the patch and the list of fixes, that is, the patch can be released as it is.

No, he said they expect to be able to communicate the next patch date.  Thats not the same as promising they'd give us a date this week.

3 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

No, he said they expect to be able to communicate the next patch date.  Thats not the same as promising they'd give us a date this week.

Will we get the announcement of the delay of giving the announcement of the date of the delayed functionality today, or will it get delayed?

11 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

This is not a science that should come out in a relatively complete form. Nobody told us the size of the patch and the list of fixes, that is, the patch can be released as it is.

Err... not quite. Sometimes, testing certain fixes can also mean rendering the rest of the system unusable. And reverting such tests is a huge time waste. Maybe that's why update cadence is slowed down. At least, that's what I'm hoping for. Slower updates for more polish in the long run.

5 minutes ago, cocoscacao said:

Err... not quite. Sometimes, testing certain fixes can also mean rendering the rest of the system unusable. And reverting such tests is a huge time waste. Maybe that's why update cadence is slowed down. At least, that's what I'm hoping for. Slower updates for more polish in the long run.

I hope that the most terrible bugs started to be fixed somewhere in February and by now there should already be an understanding of what and how to fix without breaking the rest of the game

3 hours ago, RaBDawG said:

I continue to maintain this is an elaborate troll job / Social experiment. 

Yeah, well, it's not. And since this thread is repeating arguments already taking place elsewhere, it is redundant and will be closed now.