I guess its time to introduce myself

BechMeister

Hello! - I finally got around to draw myself an avatar and update my profile somewhat... Still need a banner.. but I'll get there. I thought It was time to introduce myself so I wasn't just one of those blank spooky avatars. 

The Quick Facts:

• I'm 32 years old, as of now.
  • Father to two: a 5 year old daughter and 2 year old son and
  • I just ended a 10 year career in the Danish Army to pursue my lifelong dream of becoming a "Graphic Storyteller" - Fancy way of saying comics artist.
  • Hard Sci-fi lover, Outdoor person and Artist.

The Long Version:

I have been roaming the forum since March where I finally got out of my KSP closet with the launch of KSP2 doing this:

Before that I've been low key following a few KSP content creators on YT... and I tried KSP myself back a few years ago, but found it a bit overwhelming and didn't know how to get going. In KSP2 having less tools and goals at my disposal actually ment it was easier for me to pick an direction, which became space stations xD - I guess its a bit like that if the buffet is really big... you just dont know where to start. 

How I got intrigued by KSP is probably a good question to answer. I've always been bit of a Hard Sci-Fi lover. I am also currently educating myself as a Graphic Storyteller - and have been brewing on a Epic Sci-Fi Multi volume graphic novels series for a while. I want to write it with realistic space.. So no FTL travel, no "Dog fights in space" or gravity generators... Something like The Martian, or Interstellar - but with the scope and conflict like Star Wars (I guess something like the Expanse..? but I wouldn't know... Its one of the many shows on my "To Watch List" I started when i became a father)

Any way... That meant I looked into the nuances of  space travel... and it turned out it was a "gateway" drug into a NASA/ESA and Space X fascination. :D One thing KSP also got going for it is you can play it only paying half attention.. and my children find the goofy Kerbals very funny. My daughter right now is also very much into space. And KSP is an easy way to rub that itch.

Besides my family and loving wife I guess my military career has been very formative for me. I've served for 10 years, 1/3 in reconnaissance, 1/3 as infantry in a "cav" unit and 1/3 as crew on an Armored Personel Carrier. I wont bore you with the details.

Other than that I love hiking, kayaking and other outdoor activities (unfortunately becoming a father has left little time for stuff like that) 

I guess that's enough for an introduction now - But I am not shy to talk about anything, so if you wanna know more you need only to ask!  

Welcome aboard.
Good to see another writer!
Please feel free to check out our mission reports and fan works sections.
And by all means write something of your own, if you are so inclined!  There are never enough good Kerbal stories!

:valhappy: :happy:

5 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

And by all means write something of your own, if you are so inclined!  There are never enough good Kerbal stories!

As in there is a writing section on the forum too just for stories?

7 minutes ago, BechMeister said:

That kind of content is frowned upon here...

Edited by Socraticat

6 minutes ago, Socraticat said:

I thought I had read as much - So I had to be sure it was not that he ment. So far I have also had plenty of joy in telling of my successes and failures in my "blog" about building two refueling stations - Although I have halted that project until further notice... A bug with collision had me revert to a previous save as my vehicle just plowed through the station and made the parts fly left and right. Its hard to dock parts if the part you are docking to is not firm. :( 

24 minutes ago, BechMeister said:

Absolutely!  There is a mission report section for both KSP1 and KSP2.
These are generally related to something you've done in the game, but in many cases can be expanded into a story with multiple missions. 
I got my start with a mission report that turned into a 100 chapter fan-fiction epic:

And we have a separate fan works section which consists of just about anything and everything Kerbal related.  Feel free to write anything you want, in whatever style you prefer. Graphic storytelling is very welcome. 

17 minutes ago, Socraticat said:

No, it's not  Not at all.  

1 hour ago, BechMeister said:

I thought I had read as much - So I had to be sure it was not that he ment. So far I have also had plenty of joy in telling of my successes and failures in my "blog" about building two refueling stations - Although I have halted that project until further notice... A bug with collision had me revert to a previous save as my vehicle just plowed through the station and made the parts fly left and right. Its hard to dock parts if the part you are docking to is not firm. :( 

Fan fic/mission reports/stories are not only welcome, but encouraged.

What you may have seen is that roleplaying has been forbidden from the forums.

44 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

To clarify: story/writing/etc. about KSP and Kerbal-related subjects goes here-

thank you for the direction :)

35 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Fan fic/mission reports/stories are not only welcome, but encouraged.

What you may have seen is that roleplaying has been forbidden from the forums.

I shall make sure to not do that sir x)

4 hours ago, BechMeister said:

I thought I had read as much

I do jest...

In a forum about little green men going boom boom I feel like anything written is part of a larger fiction of sorts.

Besides, you do post in mission reports already, yeah?

@Socraticat Agreed haha - Yeah I do: This is my current Mission, although I have some game breaking bugs. Were it seems collision is off and a vessle will just plow through another and make all the bits flying left and right.. which makes docking very hard.

My mission threat is the one I linked in the O.P. I'll post it here again: