[1.1.23] (KESA) - Kesa Space Agency Parts Mod : Probes

JiMKesa

KESA

Kesa-1696584225.jpg

Current parts

CSP-CLUSTER : Curved solar panel (for CLUSTER probe)

CLUSTER : Probe

JUICE : Probe (can use DSPF-J1 with)

EUCLID : Telescope (without science not active in KSP2)

PHILAE-LEG : Telescopic landing gear built for Philae lander

PHILAE-SUPP : Landing gear support built for Philae Lander

VULCAIN 2 : Engine built for Ariane launchers

VINCI : Upper level engine

PROMETHEUS : First stage engine

FREEBOOST : Separation tiny solid booster

EPC : powerfull booster (medium and small)

EPCSB : tiny booter for frontal separation 

A6WHEEL : 5m Reaction wheel

RIT-2X  :  5N Xenon Engine

XNTK-XS : Xenon Container

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reaction wheelDownload

https://spacedock.info/mod/3409/Kesa

or CKAN

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshots

Kesa Screenshots

Dependencies

BepInEx

Spacewarp 

[LFO] Lux's Flames and Ornaments

KSP2 Missions

https://kesaspace.blogspot.com/

Thanks 

KSP2 Modding Society (Lux:Stice, ShadowDev, Munix, ...)

PassivePicasso : Thunderkit

Spacewarp Team

bbepis : BepInEx

Edited by JiMKesa
update

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/6/2023 at 6:10 PM, JiMKesa said:

2 new parts for landing ! A telescopic landing gear and its base support.

59ivbXE.png

Great work! Which real spacecraft is the part based upon?

Edit: Sorry and it was the Rosetta comet mission. Can you make this part function like the grapple in KSP1 once comets are added?

Edited by Alpha_star

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, JiMKesa said:

I'll update soon for ShadowDev Tech Tree integration. Today, ShadowDev update his mod for that. 
I need to know how to put Tech Tree config for my mod in Patch Manager.
As soon as possible, i'll update ;-)

My hero.

11 hours ago, ArtexCosmonaut said:

Not sure if this is something wrong with my configuration or a KSP2 bug, but the SFX for these parts (especially the solid booster types) seems extremely loud and doesn't seem to respect the volume in the game settings?

@JiMKesa

I'm experiencing similar issues as Artex. RCS sound included in the too loud column.

And, perhaps not a bug, but the RCS plume (this one is the medium "disc", 5-axis RCS block) looks a little strange when lit by onboard light sources.  Otherwise, it's a pretty plume effect.

Spoiler

ykQf5Ry.png

At any rate, hope this is helpful. Thank you, very much, for the mod and updating it For Science!

- Rook

Edited by Rook

1 hour ago, Rook said:

And, perhaps not a bug, but the RCS plume (this one is the medium "disc", 5-axis RCS block) looks a little strange when lit by onboard light sources.  Otherwise, it's a pretty plume effect.

Reveal hidden contents

ykQf5Ry.png

At any rate, hope this is helpful. Thank you, very much, for the mod and updating it For Science!

- Rook

Any chance you used some SORRY engines on the same vessel at some point in the flight? They completely break other mods' plumes, and it usually looks somewhat like this. It might not be related, but it could be.

Edited by munix

1 hour ago, munix said:

Any chance you used some SORRY engines on the same vessel at some point in the flight? They completely break other mods' plumes, and it usually looks somewhat like this. It might not be related, but it could be.

Only modded parts are KESA solar panels and the RCS blocks.

• 3 weeks later...

Have been trying this mod from some time now and the only issue I have is that the sound of the engines are activated even when they are not running when reloading a craft.

I have a similar problem with another mod that also adds an engine, but that bug is that the engine sound disappears after like 10-20 seconds after activating that engine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@JiMKesa i wonder, if you are interested in german translations for KESA/KESA Solar? If yes, how can i submit it and what is your prefered language order in 'kesa_localization.csv'

Actually it's English,French,Chinese (Simplified).

The parts i have seen ingame look great, well done.

But i noticed several of the unlocked parts in tier 1/2 are a bit out of balance. Sadly there is no business career, where you can balance it over part's price tag. It seems, there is no easy way to balance them for own taste and difficulty, at least i couldn't find the configs for the parts. The solar panels in tier 1/2 look better balanced and are visually beautiful. I don't know why, but i love solar panels. Already did in KSP 1 :cool:.

The Vinci gimbal is quite hard to work with., It reacts very hard even at 20% limit. I had much better control without rocket wiggling around when i deactivated gimbal on Vinci and just use SAS wheel.

The EPC-S sound loop is sadly nerve wrecking (but i like the visual effect on it), it's sound pitch is too high and loop too short. I would stay closer to the stock booster sound loop from f.e. Kickback, what is much more subtle.

Edit: I just loaded a autosave vessel in flight with Vinci ans active stage onboard, where the engine sound is on max while the engine is on zero thrust.

The loading of a quicksave from the same vessel where Vinci is not the active stage works normal.

Edited by LeLeon