KSP2 EA Grand Discussion Thread.

James Kerman

9 minutes ago, EmanonP said:

Gah.   It's early development.   Those whining it's not as good as KSP1 that's been around for a decade just need to go away.

It's buggy, it's lacking content, parts, mods, career mode etc.    

Go back to KSP 1 if that's what works for you  and stop flaming an early release game still under development.

Plays just fine for me.    Don't regret the purchase at all.    

No it doe snot. EA is a tradeoff..   we pay  the developers  early for something that is not ready..  in return  they  have to accept that we are going to WHINE . There is no reason for EA is  people are to simply shut up. The time to be vocal is EXACTLY  in EA. Anyone that pays for EA  gets the right to voice their concerns!

Although I'm genuinely disappointed with the launch, I still find a lot of enjoyment out of participating in the Early Access process. The fastest way to optimize a game is by testing it on thousands of systems and allowing players to submit feedback. I can understand why someone wouldn't want to go through the hassle, but if you do, just try to channel the frustration constructively so that everyone can benefit from your valuable insights.

Just now, tstein said:

No it doe snot. EA is a tradeoff..   we pay  the developers  early for something that is not ready..  in return  they  have to accept that we are going to WHINE . There is no reason for EA is  people are to simply shut up. The time to be vocal is EXACTLY  in EA. Anyone that pays for EA  gets the right to voice their concerns!

They could have just asked me for the $50 and not released early access and I would have. I am happy to be contributing to this project. 

I am really enjoying Early Access and having a blast, sorry if you are not.

Just now, SoulCandy said:

The fastest way to optimize a game is by testing it on thousands of systems and allowing players to submit feedback.

So you like paying for the privilege of being unpaid quality assurance?

This is why games keep turning out like this,.

Just now, tstein said:

a VERY early access release.. like a 3 AM wake up  call early type. The last one I saw this early was Kenshi.

I find it amusing to see the comparisons to KSP1 considering just how little KSP1 had at 0.7.3 release. People have some really short memories.

Just now, DwightLee said:

They could have just asked me for the $50 and not released early access and I would have. I am happy to be contributing to this project. 

That is not a matter if you are  happy or not. When someone buys an EA  they have the right to  voice. If someone does not want to listen to complains then do not sell EA. 

1 minute ago, DwightLee said:

My thoughts exactly. I enjoy participating in the global experiment and emergence of a *potentially* groundbreaking game. I just can't defend charging people $50 for the opportunity to be an unpaid QA tester.

EA is never an excuse for issues.  If you sell a game for money, the game you sell must actually work.  Just like any other product.  EA is for what we were promised "a solid working game without much content".

I'm on the fence about refunding, myself.  I've stopped playing, and will probably give it 10 days to see what gets patched before giving up.  As launched, it's just another cashgrab broken launch IMO.  But maybe the basic broken stuff gets fixed in the first week, costs me nothing to hope.

7 hours ago, tstein said:

That is not a matter if you are  happy or not. When someone buys an EA  they have the right to  voice. If someone does not want to listen to complains then do not sell EA. 

Well I can say with absolute certainty that you are wrong there, that I am happy or not with how I spend my money is not something you can comment about. 

7 hours ago, SoulCandy said:

My thoughts exactly. I enjoy participating in the global experiment and emergence of a *potentially* groundbreaking game. I just can't defend charging people $50 for the opportunity to be an unpaid QA tester.

Yeah, the developers say WAY before this morning that the game is still in Beta, and not everyone is cut out to be a beta tester. I have been saying it for months now, Early access is not for everyone. 

3 minutes ago, p331083 said:

So you like paying for the privilege of being unpaid quality assurance?

This is why games keep turning out like this,.

No - the $50 price tag is impossible to defend, but I still enjoy participating in the EA process nevertheless. I missed the opportunity to be a part of the process w/ KSP 1 (started playing this past year).

3 minutes ago, DwightLee said:

Yeah, the developers say WAY before this morning that the game is still in Beta, and not everyone is cut out to be a beta tester. I have been saying it for months now, Early access is not for everyone. 

Being a developers is not  up to everyone as well it seems....  a developer MUST ACCEPT THAT THEY WILL RECEIVE CRITICISM when they  publish in ANY form their product. Anyone that publish anythign in ANY form  must accept  criticism or they are NOT PROFESSIONALS. Luckly  they seem to be accepting criticisms

Edited by tstein

6 minutes ago, regex said:

I find it amusing to see the comparisons to KSP1 considering just how little KSP1 had at 0.7.3 release. People have some really short memories.

• Other games being broken is never an excuse for this game being broken. 
  • KSP1 was released by a tiny indie dev team, trying to invent a whole new genre.  Now the genre exists, and there are standards.  No major studio game should launch in a worse state than KSP1, or Simple Rockets 2, or the other major players.  (Talking basic functionality, not "amount of stuff to do in the game" which they were very up front about.)
  • $50

7 minutes ago, tstein said:

Oo I do remember, but at least they had the excuse of  zero funding :P

Yeah but even after they had funding we didn't get a damn delta-V calculator until seven years had passed. For an actual early access release this thing is pretty chock full of features, especially compared to the previous game. No wonder we have bugs.

Just now, Skorj said:
  • Other games being broken is never an excuse for this game being broken. 
  • KSP1 was released by a tiny indie dev team, trying to invent a whole new genre.  Now the genre exists, and there are standards.  No major studio game should launch in a worse state than KSP1, or Simple Rockets 2, or the other major players.  (Talking basic functionality, not "amount of stuff to do in the game" which they were very up front about.)
  • $50

This.. a game that crashes ever 10 minutes, that  buildings appear flying , that  get buttons floating stuck to your mouse cursor are  things that if you  publish with you have to accept you are going to receive flak.

1 minute ago, regex said:

Yeah but even after they had funding we didn't get a damn delta-V calculator until seven years had passed. For an actual early access release this thing is pretty chock full of features, especially compared to the previous game. No wonder we have bugs.

Oo a did expect bugs,  but the same way  I did know there would be bugs, as developers they must know and expect FLAK about those bugs.

3 minutes ago, tstein said:

Being a developers is not  up to everyone as well it seems....  a developer MUST ACCEPT THAT THEY WILL RECEIVE CRITICISM when they  publish in ANY form their product. Anyone that publish anythign in ANY form  must accept  criticism or they are NOT PROFESSIONALS. Luckly  they seem to be accepting criticisms

I have yet to complain about criticism by anyone. 

I am just saying that some folks are not cut out to be beta tester

2 hours ago, Sequence said:

My initial impressions are good. Getting 42fps at KSC during launches running at 4k with all settings maxed when using single engine spaceships, and 90 fps in space (4070 ti, i5 13600K, 32Gb ram). Haven't tried any complex ships yet using fuel flow and multiple engines yet through. But I'm happy that the game performs well if you build with the current limitations in mind. 

Good to hear, get an 4070 ti on Monday, 2560 resolution and can easy drop some eye candy, has an stronger cpu.
Should try KSP 2 on my ancient 980 ti, yes I skipped 3 GPU generations :) 

Edited by magnemoe

3 minutes ago, DwightLee said:

I am just saying that some folks are not cut out to be beta tester

To be fair, beta testers typically don't have to pay $50 to become a beta tester.

Edited by Meecrob

19 minutes ago, regex said:

Yes YOU DO have a very short memory.

KSP1 performed a heck of a lot better in EA than KSP2. 

9 minutes ago, regex said:

Feel free not to pay that if it's so offensive.

Slappy status achieved, your forum badge should be accessible in 4yrs, along with your "future tech" badge for the 6000 series GPUs that may actually be able to run this.

2 minutes ago, saxappeal89129 said:

Slappy status achieved, your forum badge should be accessible in 4yrs, along with your "future tech" badge for the 6000 series GPUs that may actually be able to run this.

My 3070ti seemed to handle it just fine this morning. I'll know more after work today.

8 minutes ago, Meecrob said:

To be fair, beta testers typically don't have to pay $50 to become a beta tester.

So.. don't volunteer to be then

I was perfectly happy to, no one twisted my arm to be in Early Access ( I almost twisted my own arm clicking purchase )

I have criticisms of the game, positive ones, meant to be of help to the developers to make the game better. In support of their efforts to do so, that is why I was ( and am ) quite happy to be in Early access.

To be honest I really expected it to be a lot worse than this. so far everything is functioning really well for me.

There are some changes I would like to see in the future, but none of them are show stoppers.... yet