No Trajectory Lines in Map View [Indicators Like PE/AP are Still Showing]

DADDYTYRONE

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.1.4 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows | CPU: Intel i5-10300H | GPU: Gtx 1650 Ti | RAM16gb

After updating to 0.1.4.0, I logged on to find that I am unable to see trajectories for any of my crafts while in map view.  I was previously able to on 0.1.3. and most other previous versions. It is clear the trajectories are there, but having no lines makes interplanetary missions almost impossible. Thank you for reviewing and hopefully fixing soon!

Included Attachments:

KSP2_0.1.4_Bug.png.4812b471532efa40baccbfa35c22bec1.png

94 answers to this question

With help from the community on Discord and @Vortygont's log file and two log files supplied by @ShadowZone I have been able to reproduce this 100% of the time.

@Suppise Thanks for initially directing me to issues with the F2 key in mapview.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load a save with a craft in orbit
  2. Go to Map View
  3. Press F2 twice
  4. Go to Flight View
  5. Press F2 twice
  6. F5
  7. F9
  8. Go to Map View

Thank you to everyone who has had issues with this and came forward with suggestions on the cause.

I can't promise that the F2 key is the only cause of this, but the steps above create the same situation exactly.

If this is happening without any use of the F2 key please DM me here on the forums, or DM me on discord, and if you have a log file it would be appreciated.

5 hours ago, Dandoesstuff said:

i'm pretty sure there's a mod called "community fixes" that has a fix for this?

I think that's a new bug. It doesn't seem to be the Landed bug that still exist in some instance, because in this new bug is affecting other craft and the AP/PE is still there. 

Edited by Spicat

This bug has happened a couple times to me lately. Both times, it was after a quickload because of anothe bug: the maneuver tooltip was disappearing under my mouse. I would go to my trajectory, click a point to set up a maneuver, move the mouse up to hit the create maneuver button, but the tooltip would disappear once I moused off the trajectory. Perhaps these two bugs are related.

Apologies if this has been said before, but could be an issue with the craft having a landed state?

I had a craft with the orbit line not visible, and while I was cleaning up my orbits by removing some debris, I noticed a craft that I didn't know about showing as "landed" on kerbin. I hit "recover" and then my bugged craft dissapeared. I reloaded an earlier save, saved again and saw that the craft had the "landed state", despite having an SMA of over 1 million. 

Manually editing the save from `"Situation": "Landed"` to `"Situation": "Orbiting"` (and then loading that save) brings the orbit line back, so it seems that is a fix for now that doesn't involve re-opening the entire game. You can use any text editor to edit the save file, since it's just a JSON file. I use VS Code to edit the file because I already have it installed, but I'd reccomend Notepad++, but you can of course use regular Notepad if you want. 

I've no idea why the craft is being given the landed state, but from the other posts here it seems like there's several potential causes. 

Hopefully this helps those of us with slow computers who'd have to wait 20 minutes to relaunch the game

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: 19045.3803 | CPU: 2.90 GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER | RAM32.0 GB

No Orbital Trajectories are being displayed whatsoever. From the circles of orbiting vessels to the parabolic paths of in-atmosphere crafts, it only displays PE and AP. No line whatsoever. Doesn't allow me to place maneuver nodes. Best guess at replication is a play session exceeding three hours in length.

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.1.4 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G | GPU: GTX 1050 TI | RAM16 GB

Seems to be the "Landed" bug from KSP 1 all over again, trajectory lines just dont show up when looking at map view, cant make any maneuvers or do anything

Included Attachments:

image.png.d0d3cc4efa20fe326a3e29e3462fcef8.png

Edited by Anth12

Just now, MasterChef117 said:

As a potential workaround to any affected by this bug, I rebooted the game and found my orbital line back. (If all else fails, you could attempt the old save-editing trick)

That's useful information. Thank you.

10 minutes ago, DADDYTYRONE said:

To add on, I have created a new game save and all trajectories are missing, including all planets and moons. If another screen shot/ post is needed please let me know, thanks.

I appreciate your efforts.
Is there anyway you could supply a bugged save file?

33 minutes ago, Socraticat said:

Should I make a separate report, or should I just start looking for these threads and link my relevant info and save files?

Thanks for the save file. It is triggering both bugs for me.
Could you do a bug report for both?
Then I will merge them into the existing ones. That way your additional information will hopefully get the developers attention better than just a comment.

Pro tip for anyone using Dropbox to distribute files: If you set the &dl=0 to &dl=1 then it will be a 1 click download. No opening a new page.

Edit: Also, although the file says 'logs' in it, there's no KSP log or Unity player.log

Those could be more helpful than the dxdiag that was in there. Probably a lot of exceptions in there . Just a hunch.

Edited by Starwaster

3 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Pro tip for anyone using Dropbox to distribute files: If you set the &dl=0 to &dl=1 then it will be a 1 click download. No opening a new page.

Edit: Also, although the file says 'logs' in it, there's no KSP log or Unity player.log

Those could be more helpful than the dxdiag that was in there. Probably a lot of exceptions in there . Just a hunch.

Cool. Thanks. If I see a dropbox link or make one myself I will change them.

Yeah, this bug also appears to affect the trajectory lines of the celestial bodies too. I had to eyeball several of my interplanetary missions. I first encountered this bug during my Starfield mission (The weekly challenge)...

I guess the horrifying abomination I made was just too much for the game.