Kerbal Life-Support System (KLSS) [v0.7.0 for KSP2 0.2.1]

Safarte

Version 0.2.1 released!

• Enhancement: Made the code completely modular with regards to LS resources present to enable further moddability (documentation TBD)
  • Bugfix: Incorrect base EVA supplies quantities (7 days => 1 day)
  • Bugfix: Incorrect grace period for Food & Water (assumed 24h days instead of 6h)
  • Bugfix: Life-Support UI in the VAB does not report resource quantities changes
  • Bugfix: Life-Support UI in the VAB breaks down sometimes
  • Other: Various texture fixes
Edited by Safarte

However, be aware of an open bug on the mod, where KLSS breaks down at +10,000 timewarp - if you have infinite water/O2, you will then see water/O2 begin to drop and WasteWater/CO2 increase (normally if you have infinite water/O2 in the planner, and the converters stay on ALL the time, you should NEVER see wastewater or CO2 appear, as its converted immediately back into useable resources).  The Kerbals will then all die.

Edited by dansiegel30

On 10/29/2023 at 2:57 PM, theJesuit said:

Well done!  This first chance to mod a mod is coming!

I'm a fan of fewer resources to deal with, like combining Food and Water together, and then O2 to Air to keep balancing the mass changes from O2 to Co2 and Food/Water to Waste.  How easy would it be to mod your mod to swap out the resources?

Congrats on release!

I'll have to check this mod out in more detail soon, but I'm with @theJesuit with simplfying the rescource requirements. I'd also suggest that Oxygen = Ox and try to integrate with the game base 18 supplies as much as possible then start making your own (as air = oxygen + nitrogen sort of idea). That way its more universal across all parts and not KLSS specific parts (and parts made only to support KLSS as people start to roll out their own life support mods).

1 hour ago, PicoSpace said:

I'll have to check this mod out in more detail soon, but I'm with @theJesuit with simplfying the rescource requirements. I'd also suggest that Oxygen = Ox and try to integrate with the game base 18 supplies as much as possible then start making your own (as air = oxygen + nitrogen sort of idea). That way its more universal across all parts and not KLSS specific parts (and parts made only to support KLSS as people start to roll out their own life support mods).

Hmm I think all 3 Food, Water & Oxygen resources will bring each interesting gameplay challenges once we have colonies and resource gathering so I am not currently planning on modifying the base set of life-support resources in KLSS, I'm however slowly making sure that my mod is as modular as possible to enable third-party patches that modify the base resources.

And as the new stock resource come along with future milestones I'll make sure to integrate my mod well with them to avoid duplication yeah (however one step to avoid duplication has already been achieved by using Community Resources, a mod that aims at centralizing modded resources).

Unrelated, a quick teaser for a new part coming in the next version of KLSS:

Spoiler

JPpxuYb.png

A M-size Food container, inspired by the Cygnus resupply spacecraft.

Edited by Safarte

Version 0.3.0 released!

• Added: XS-size radial life-support containers
  • Added: M-size inline life-support containers
  • Added: M-size radial life-support containers
  • Balancing: Removed Water & Oxygen recyclers from the External Command Seat
  • Balancing: Set the amount of life-support resources for the External Command Seat to 1 day (same as EVA)
  • Balancing: Modified some other life-support containers values
Spoiler

epIDeWX.png

The new containers for Food, Oxygen & Water (from left to right)

• 2 weeks later...

Version 0.4.0 released!

• Enhancements: Life-support supplies are correctly transferred to and from Kerbals going on EVA. If other Kerbals remain in the part from which an EVA is started, the amount of supplies is split evenly.
  • Added: M-size inline Composter (converts Waste into Fertilizer, capacity of 10 Kerbals)
  • Balancing: M-size inline greenhouse: changed production capacity for Unfertilized mode from 4 to 2
  • Balancing: M-size inline greenhouse: changed production capacity for Fertilized mode from 8 to 4
  • Balancing: Changed Fertilized mode to consume Fertilizer instead of Waste

• 2 weeks later...

I have experienced a bug twice in my exploration mode game so far where kerbals disappear from their craft for no apparent reason. (I'm away from a craft doing other things and at some point when I go back to the craft the kerbal is gone) I initially suspected a bug with the life support mod that was killing them even though they still have plenty supplies. However from my testing in a separate save the mod does not actually kill the kerbals when supplies run out yet? Is that correct?

6 hours ago, GeneralKenobi said:

My game hangs on 'Loading KLSS_water_tank_2v_radial' for about 5 minutes, and then the screen goes dark, won't load the save unless I remove the mod.

DMQNkWs.png

lQdHWsJ.png

How did you install the mod? What other mods do you have installed? What Operating System are you using (Windows, Linux, ...)?

13 minutes ago, Safarte said:

How did you install the mod? What other mods do you have installed? What Operating System are you using (Windows, Linux, ...)?

Installed the mod through CKAN, with all the dependencies. Attempted with no other mods installed. Using Windows.

Does it matter that I'm trying use the mod on a pre-existing Exploration save?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.