Kerbal Life-Support System (KLSS) [v0.7.0 for KSP2 0.2.1]

Safarte

21 minutes ago, GeneralKenobi said:

Does it matter that I'm trying use the mod on a pre-existing Exploration save?

I don't think it should, I won't be able to fix the mod if it has issues until after the 30th of December. In the meantime, could you try uninstalling and reinstalling all mods as well as verifying game files in Steam (if you use Steam) just to be sure nothing else is causing the issue?

Version 0.5.2 released!

• Other: Support for Patch Manager version 0.7.0

Thanks to @cheese3660 for the code & release build of this update.

Note: If you're using CKAN to install the update, please be patient, there's a bug in the current CKAN version which has to do with time zones, meaning it may take an hour after release before you can successfully download the zip.

II added this on an existing save, and didn't seem to have any issues. However, if I build a new rocket in the VAB with life support and the greenhouse and composter, when you go to launch, KSP2 just freezes and never comes back or gets to the launch pad. It doesn't seem to be any particular part, just anything with life support.

KLSS is the latest version as is KSP2.

Have you ever heard of this?

Thanks and life support has always been #2 on my mods list with KSP only beat out by MechJeb!!

1 hour ago, jmbailey2000 said:

II added this on an existing save, and didn't seem to have any issues. However, if I build a new rocket in the VAB with life support and the greenhouse and composter, when you go to launch, KSP2 just freezes and never comes back or gets to the launch pad. It doesn't seem to be any particular part, just anything with life support.

Thanks and life support has always been #2 on my mods list with KSP only beat out by MechJeb!!

I haven't heard about this issue until now, does this happen with all life-support parts or only the greenhouse & composter?

1 hour ago, jmbailey2000 said:

I am unable to reproduce this, do you have the latest versions of all dependencies (SpaceWarp, Patch Manager, Community Resources)?

Edited by munix

On 12/27/2023 at 4:30 AM, Safarte said:

I haven't heard about this issue until now, does this happen with all life-support parts or only the greenhouse & composter?

Well, scrap that. no clue why, but it is now working. I may have wiped out all mods and re-did them, so maybe something was hosed up there. Sorry about that.

On 12/27/2023 at 4:41 AM, munix said:

I am unable to reproduce this, do you have the latest versions of all dependencies (SpaceWarp, Patch Manager, Community Resources)?

Well, scrap that. no clue why, but it is now working. I may have wiped out all mods and re-did them, so maybe something was hosed up there. Sorry about that.

1 hour ago, munix said:

That's ok, at least it's working now :)

Well, it did. I started a new game and was able to drop a capsule on the launch pad. Great it worked. Built out the lander I wanted to mess with and back to hanging when going to the pad. Even tried the original test parts that started working and even that causes the transfer to the pad to hang. I think I have an idea what it might be. It might be something to do with the anchor that lets you pick up the entire craft and move it in the VAB. I replaced the copula capsule with another capsule and when I did, I can now load the craft on the pad. I swapped the capsule back to the original copula, but it still worked, but the anchor isn't associated with copula like it was before. If it happens again, I at least have something to check more so then previously. More to come. 

20 minutes ago, jmbailey2000 said:

Well, it did. I started a new game and was able to drop a capsule on the launch pad. Great it worked. Built out the lander I wanted to mess with and back to hanging when going to the pad. Even tried the original test parts that started working and even that causes the transfer to the pad to hang. I think I have an idea what it might be. It might be something to do with the anchor that lets you pick up the entire craft and move it in the VAB. I replaced the copula capsule with another capsule and when I did, I can now load the craft on the pad. I swapped the capsule back to the original copula, but it still worked, but the anchor isn't associated with copula like it was before. If it happens again, I at least have something to check more so then previously. More to come. 

Definitely share the logs the next time you encounter it, it might help with figuring out how to fix the issue.

6 hours ago, jmbailey2000 said:

I assume you mean the KSP log in the main KSP folder, correct?

Modded KSP2 has two different log locations, the Ksp2.log file in the main folder that you mentioned (this mostly contains logs by the game itself, including most errors) and BepInEx/LogOutput.log (this contains logs specifically made by mods). Usually we need to see both.

Edited by munix

4 hours ago, munix said:

Modded KSP2 has two different log locations, the Ksp2.log file in the main folder that you mentioned (this mostly contains logs by the game itself, including most errors) and BepInEx/LogOutput.log (this contains logs specifically made by mods). Usually we need to see both.

Got it. Forgive my ignorance, been years since I had to do this.....where/how do I send the Zip file of the logs?

5 hours ago, jmbailey2000 said:

Got it. Forgive my ignorance, been years since I had to do this.....where/how do I send the Zip file of the logs?

Really, anywhere you can upload files, you could use something like Dropbox, Google Drive, anything

Great mod! Glad to see the modding community beginning to grow here.

A request for the long term: it would be nice to have an option to make the consequences of running out of food, water, etc. non-lethal. For reference, I really like the way it's done in the USI LS for KSP1, with kerbals becoming "grumpy" from not having food -- they're not dead, but they refuse to do any work (like manning the command pods) and just sit around until you get them their snacks.

Edited by Deadly_Laser

4 hours ago, Deadly_Laser said:

Great mod! Glad to see the modding community beginning to grow here.

A request for the long term: it would be nice to have an option to make the consequences of running out of food, water, etc. non-lethal. For reference, I really like the way it's done in the USI LS for KSP1, with kerbals becoming "grumpy" from not having food -- they're not dead, but they refuse to do any work (like manning the command pods) and just sit around until you get them their snacks.

Thanks for enjoying the mod! And yes, non-lethal consequences is one of the top items on my TODO-list for KLSS.

On 12/29/2023 at 4:12 PM, munix said:

Really, anywhere you can upload files, you could use something like Dropbox, Google Drive, anything

We'll give this a shot.......link to the logs for the issue. For whatever reason, haven't experienced it since these logs were grabbed.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/dk6omv69aw9sja3bm2xfn/h?rlkey=pidz7dg9oio03fqrzwajpvsg9&dl=0

I'm not sure if this mod is causing it, but whenever transition to Minmus SOI my kerbals disappear. Is that a known issue? I had enough food, water and oxygen for 100 days on board.

Edit: Tried just now without the mod active, kerbals don't disappear anymore on entering Minmus SOI.

Edited by Rezania

I'm also having this same problem when exiting Minus SOI, they just disappear on me.

Edited by Crashonaut
Edit: Also can confirm disabling life support removes the problem completely.

I wonder if this Kerbal disappearing act is related to Kerbals going on EVA and being unable to reboard, and other strange happenings. Some notes on it. A Kerbal in orbit of Kerbin might be fine, but the same mission, same Kerbal in another SOI (even just the Mun), the Kerbal loses the ability to run observation and sample experiments, as well as, losing the ability to reboard vessels. Sometimes restarting the game and loading a save before the issue presented itself will allow you to continue as normal. But, one thing is certain, if you attempt to recover a Kerbal in this state, they disappear. For instance, teleporting them to Kerbin surface and recovering will cause them to disappear.

My guess is it has something to do with the Kerbal losing the "Crew" designation, or entering a false "Dead" state. But just a wild guess.

Edited by Rook

The mod gets put in the "Errored Mods" category within SpaceWarp when I launch the game. I'm using 2.0 and I installed the mod using CKAN, I'm not sure where to check for more info on what exactly might be going wrong?

On 1/5/2024 at 4:23 AM, Rook said:

I wonder if this Kerbal disappearing act is related to Kerbals going on EVA and being unable to reboard, and other strange happenings. Some notes on it. A Kerbal in orbit of Kerbin might be fine, but the same mission, same Kerbal in another SOI (even just the Mun), the Kerbal loses the ability to run observation and sample experiments, as well as, losing the ability to reboard vessels. Sometimes restarting the game and loading a save before the issue presented itself will allow you to continue as normal. But, one thing is certain, if you attempt to recover a Kerbal in this state, they disappear. For instance, teleporting them to Kerbin surface and recovering will cause them to disappear.

My guess is it has something to do with the Kerbal losing the "Crew" designation, or entering a false "Dead" state. But just a wild guess.

I don't know how much here is caused by KLSS and how much is due to stock bugs, I'll investigate further.

12 hours ago, Dzsaffar said:

The mod gets put in the "Errored Mods" category within SpaceWarp when I launch the game. I'm using 2.0 and I installed the mod using CKAN, I'm not sure where to check for more info on what exactly might be going wrong?

Could you try uninstalling and reinstalling all mods and see if the error persists?

Version 0.5.3 released!

• Added: Reentry meshes to KLSS parts
  • Added: Support for Where's My Crew Capsule (@cheese3660)
  • Bugfix: Fixed Kerbals dying with supplies left at high time warp and in other situations
  • Other: Removed life-support supplies from the orbital & aquatic labs

Known issues:

• The reentry effects look a bit weird, the flame colors are not correctly visible on the parts
  • KLSS parts have no drag