[WIP] G.R.A.P.E.F.R.U.I.T (formerlyTankHabs) [HELP WANTED]

Don0303

@Don0303 This is an amazing mod and a really novel approach to an issue which has plagued me for a very long time. If I may make a critique, have you looked into using Benjee10's HabTechProps for some of the IVAs? https://github.com/benjee10/HabTechProps

Is there any chance you could add 0.9375m and 1.25m part switches for the docking port nodes so they can be used with APAS and CBN ports, and possibly use the lovely new endcaps Benjee10 made for Habtech? Also, would it be possible to fix the Z-fighting issue with the habitation unit when attached to a 5m External Tank (outlined in image below), and possibly add a switch for some sort of aesthetic hatch or connection or something so it doesn't look like the raceways just abruptly end (circled)?

https://prnt.sc/XSMLHdckI7aC

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Entr8899 said:

@Don0303 This is an amazing mod and a really novel approach to an issue which has plagued me for a very long time. If I may make a critique, have you looked into using Benjee10's HabTechProps for some of the IVAs? https://github.com/benjee10/HabTechProps

Is there any chance you could add 0.9375m and 1.25m part switches for the docking port nodes so they can be used with APAS and CBN ports, and possibly use the lovely new endcaps Benjee10 made for Habtech? Also, would it be possible to fix the Z-fighting issue with the habitation unit when attached to a 5m External Tank (outlined in image below), and possibly add a switch for some sort of aesthetic hatch or connection or something so it doesn't look like the raceways just abruptly end (circled)?

https://prnt.sc/XSMLHdckI7aC

ok lots to look at here so let's go

1: I'm glad u like the mod! honestly without people like you, this never would've left the early concept stage, I'm very glad people are liking it

2: I do actually have habtech props, but I avoided using them to try and avoid as many dependencies as possible, I am in the process of rethinking this

3: part switches are something I have quite a bit of trouble getting right, as are docking ports, most of whats in the mod so far has been added either with help or with heavy reference to how other modders have approached doing it, but I really do like this idea and want to give it a try because full compatibility with habtech and similar mods would be the dream

4: this z-fight has bugged me for a while too, from what I can tell the issue is with the ET model as the adapter is lined up right on other parts,  but I will take another look into getting it sorted

5: I have 0 ability when it comes to making or modifying textures, so far all textures used in this mod have been Creative Commons assets from other mods used with attribution, to make a change like this I would need to find someone willing to join me in developing this mod, ideally id like this mod to eventually have all original textures

Edited by Don0303

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, AMolecularMassofUranium235 said:

okay testing it out, it does not. the crew compartments dont increase the crew stress timer

20 hours ago, AMolecularMassofUranium235 said:

does this have kerbalism support?

You should instead ask in the Kerbalism thread, they're the ones who make configs for other mods.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2024 at 2:29 AM, AMolecularMassofUranium235 said:

does this have kerbalism support?

On 7/19/2024 at 11:20 PM, Entr8899 said:

You should instead ask in the Kerbalism thread, they're the ones who make configs for other mods.

ive had some people offer to assist with this, so its somewhat in the works, but if the people in the kerbalism thread are able to add it, that would be great, as it is not something I'm super familiar with

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, first of all I wanted to thank you for this awesome mod! If you are still developing it, would you consider making the module floors/ceilings out of truss? Like on  Skylab and in the converter modules. 

20 hours ago, WolfieKSP said:

Hi, first of all I wanted to thank you for this awesome mod! If you are still developing it, would you consider making the module floors/ceilings out of truss? Like on  Skylab and in the converter modules. 

im glad youre liking the mod! i am still developing this mod, but I don't have very much free time at the moment so it's relatively slow going. i did consider skylab-style floors as I do love the look of skylab as a whole, but I have decided against it for 2 main reasons:

1. the transparent trusses look weird when stacked, and look really bad on the bottom/top of tanks as they just go out into open space
  2. conceptually the habs are all inflated rigid airmat sections stored in the converter, as was the original plan for the External Tank Station.

it may still be something I consider in future with alternative habs, but that would be a while away

9 hours ago, Don0303 said:

im glad youre liking the mod! i am still developing this mod, but I don't have very much free time at the moment so it's relatively slow going. i did consider skylab-style floors as I do love the look of skylab as a whole, but I have decided against it for 2 main reasons:

1. the transparent trusses look weird when stacked, and look really bad on the bottom/top of tanks as they just go out into open space
  2. conceptually the habs are all inflated rigid airmat sections stored in the converter, as was the original plan for the External Tank Station.

it may still be something I consider in future with alternative habs, but that would be a while away

Hi, thanks for the answer, I've got one more question: I have seen somebody ask a while ago for 1.84 sized Habs, and I just wanted to say that I love the idea too, it would help to create MOL like stations. Again thanks for the mod, either way it still will irreversibly change my and a lot of people's' gameplay!

4 hours ago, WolfieKSP said:

Hi, thanks for the answer, I've got one more question: I have seen somebody ask a while ago for 1.84 sized Habs, and I just wanted to say that I love the idea too, it would help to create MOL like stations. Again thanks for the mod, either way it still will irreversibly change my and a lot of people's' gameplay!

1.85 is another thing that wil probably be left until far down the line, I had attempted it but couldn't get hab elements to fit in a reasonable way, but its still an eventual goal. I'm so glad that this mod is giving people such a good experience

On 8/20/2024 at 1:22 AM, Kimera Industries said:

This mod is a brilliant solution to the idea of converting an ET into a station. I will download this as soon as I can!

glad to see more people are finding this mod still! i hope you enjoy it!

On 8/21/2024 at 7:23 PM, AstroWolfie said:

Getting some work done on the concept art Don!

brilliant!