[1.12] ALCOR Pod (Adopted)

JonnyOThan

Hey all, I'm adopting one of the best interactive IVAs ever made: the ALCOR pod.

ALCOR_Adopted-1699464201.png

Download: https://spacedock.info/mod/3499/ALCOR Adopted (should be on CKAN soon)

License: CC-BY-NC-SA-3.0

Dependencies

• ModuleManager
  • ASET Props
  • RasterPropMonitor

Recommendations

• FreeIva

Original thread: 

Edited by JonnyOThan

Back from the dead.. It's aliiiiiive!!!

Quickly becoming my favourite modder, mister Johnny.

I was using ALCOR yesterday and noticed when you enter with the new auto-internal cam, you lose the ability to look around. I'm firing up KSP I'll grab a log for you. (maybe you're aware of this)

Oh, it's doing it on all pods. Changing vessels corrects it.

log file (suspiciously large)

Edited by ElonsMusk

1 hour ago, ElonsMusk said:

Oh, it's doing it on all pods. Changing vessels corrects it.

this seems bad. 

Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'CarnationVariableSectionPart.CVSPConfigs' threw an exception.

MAS is also throwing a lot of exceptions.  Try removing Carnation and MAS and see if it still happens.

For future reference, I'd prefer the ksp.log file unless the game crashed.  It's a little easier to work with as far as hunting for errors.

Edited by JonnyOThan

I'll reboot and try this.

51 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

For future reference, I'd prefer the ksp.log file unless the game crashed.  It's a little easier to work with as far as hunting for errors.

Oh, my mistake. I never remember which is the useful one.

Update:
Problem persists (log); in addition, Kerbal didn't enter the capsule, started the auto-freeiva on top of ALCOR, outside the capsule. I could move as if I was outside but I fell through the ground a bit. It was strange!

For clarity, are we to remove any old ALCOR or overwrite? I removed the old folders according to the adopted folders. Maybe I borked it somehow?

Edited by ElonsMusk
troubleshooting

1 hour ago, ElonsMusk said:

I'll reboot and try this.

Oh, my mistake. I never remember which is the useful one.

Update:
Problem persists (log); in addition, Kerbal didn't enter the capsule, started the auto-freeiva on top of ALCOR, outside the capsule. I could move as if I was outside but I fell through the ground a bit. It was strange!

For clarity, are we to remove any old ALCOR or overwrite? I removed the old folders according to the adopted folders. Maybe I borked it somehow?

Yes, always remove old versions of things.

Oh, it looks like you didn't update ASET_Props.

• 2 months later...

Hi @JonnyOThan Firstly - thank you so much to taking on the ALCOR mod. It is my top mod to use anytime I play KSP1.
After a long break and downloaded the latest version of everything.

Found a minor bug for you in the ALCOR lander.
When flicking the switch to open the overhead shutter, (pilot seat front overhead panel, middle left side) the animation gets stuck in a loop and continuously plays the open animation without stopping.
When setting the shutter switch to close, it plays the close animation only once as expected.

Edited by cyberKerb

1 hour ago, cyberKerb said:

Hi @JonnyOThan Firstly - thank you so much to taking on the ALCOR mod. It is my top mod to use anytime I play KSP1.
After a long break and downloaded the latest version of everything.

Found a minor bug for you in the ACOR lander.
When flicking the switch to open the overhead shutter, (pilot seat front overhead panel, middle left side) the animation gets stuck in a loop and continuously plays the open animation without stopping.
When setting the shutter switch to close, it plays the close animation only once as expected.

Thanks for the report. Please always include your KSP.log file when reporting bugs or asking for support.

1 hour ago, JonnyOThan said:

Thanks for the report. Please always include your KSP.log file when reporting bugs or asking for support.

sure - Used notes2log mod to add comments on when I was going into IVA and when clicking the button. ksp.log

Bare bones install with RPM, ALCOR, Vesselview and some of LGG support mods like Toolbar and clickthrough blocker

Edited by cyberKerb

15 hours ago, cyberKerb said:

sure - Used notes2log mod to add comments on when I was going into IVA and when clicking the button. ksp.log

Bare bones install with RPM, ALCOR, Vesselview and some of LGG support mods like Toolbar and clickthrough blocker

Thanks, tracked it down to an issue in RPM: https://github.com/JonnyOThan/RasterPropMonitor/issues/127