Player count went up by 6000

gfdgfherytrey

37 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

Steam player here. I played for an hour and didn't contribute to the player count because I refuse to launch a launcher from a launcher to launch a game.

14 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I don't use the launcher

I use Steam for KSP2.  How do you launch it without the launcher?

5 minutes ago, 18Watt said:

I use Steam for KSP2.  How do you launch it without the launcher?

Just run the game.

I use CKAN actually, but you can also just run the ksp2 executable.

<steam install dir>\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program 2\KSP2_x64.exe

NOTE: This does not work for every Steam game. In fact, it almost never works. Squad was AWESOME in that they allowed/enabled it, and Intercept is AWESOME because they followed suit.

Edited by Superfluous J

28 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

I feel like Im watching people guess the stock market

And the numbers have as much to do with the topic at hand as the Stock Market numbers have to do with what people tend to attribute them to.

What can I say? People love watching numbers.

If you right-click on the game in your Steam Library, then select 'Properties...' a window will open up.

Towards the bottom you'll see 'Launch Options'.
You can enter the following in the bar to skip the launcher;

"D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program 2\KSP2_x64.exe" %COMMAND% 

(Include the apostrophes, but change the location to where you have the game installed, this is just my example. Also be sure to enter %COMMAND% after the apostrophe which 'closes' the location of the executable)

57 minutes ago, Yskonyn said:

If you right-click on the game in your Steam Library, then select 'Properties...' a window will open up.

Towards the bottom you'll see 'Launch Options'.
You can enter the following in the bar to skip the launcher;

"D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program 2\KSP2_x64.exe" %COMMAND% 

(Include the apostrophes, but change the location to where you have the game installed, this is just my example. Also be sure to enter %COMMAND% after the apostrophe which 'closes' the location of the executable)

Thanks!  But does this impact crash and data sharing?  If so I’ll wait until the EA is out of the woods.

Not that the numbers are particularly important, and it's guaranteed they'll drop down to some lower levels after a few days - bit we've gone through 6900 peak and 2500 low in less than 24 hours and it's going back up again, although at slower rate.

8 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

And the numbers have as much to do with the topic at hand as the Stock Market numbers have to do with what people tend to attribute them to.

The absolute number is meaningless but how it develops is likely to be indicative of how well the game is enjoyed (or has staying power).

One thing to remember is that returning players who uninstalled the game earlier will probably use the launcher first time around 0.2 but circumvent it later. That first peak after 0.2 release will never be reached again but it’s curious to see how the numbers look after a week and after a month.

21 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Not that the numbers are particularly important, and it's guaranteed they'll drop down to some lower levels after a few days - bit we've gone through 6900 peak and 2500 low in less than 24 hours and it's going back up again, although at slower rate.

That’s just time zones. America has gone to sleep and Europe is getting online and tnoseare the zones with the largest groups of players. It’s encouraging to see it bottoming out at 2500: compared to double digits in the past. Surely it will drop as the novelty wears off and more people skip the launcher but it’s an encouraging rebound, and you don’t get those numbers if people quit playing after 15 minutes.

29 minutes ago, Wheehaw Kerman said:

Thanks!  But does this impact crash and data sharing?  If so I’ll wait until the EA is out of the woods.

I have no idea. Never thought about it like that. I would assume the game has telemetry baked in separate from the launcher, but maybe someone official could confirm.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.