Bug Status [1/25]

2 minutes ago, Sade said:

(Don't know if you are aware, but your comments read quite salty and grumpy, a bit infantile, I'm assuming that this is just my interpretation)

Thanks for letting me know, that wasn't intended. It's just, I love KSP for the realistic approach to space and all the mechanics related to this, but I have the feeling that this isn't the scope of the actual KSP2 development anymore. And an clear statement would prevent speculations about this topic.

55 minutes ago, Snips said:

Thanks for letting me know, that wasn't intended. It's just, I love KSP for the realistic approach to space and all the mechanics related to this, but I have the feeling that this isn't the scope of the actual KSP2 development anymore. And an clear statement would prevent speculations about this topic.

KSP has never been about a "realistic" approach. Just as with KSP1, the core vision is to strike a balance between realism and gameplay fun.

There are so many examples of this:

• Arbitrary engine throttling
  • Zero-delay engine startup
  • Sub-m/s burn accuracy
  • Overpowered reaction wheels (with no need to use RCS to spin down the wheels)
  • No fuel escape on multiyear voyages
  • No snacks for the crew!!

And so on.

Not needing line-of-sight for commnet is just one tiny issue in the bigger balance between fun/easy, realism/simplified, big-picture-flying/resource-micromanagement.

You might disagree about commnet, but the approach is really very consistent with all the other KSP features.

4 hours ago, Snips said:

So I read this posting by Nate, and there is just "...it's definitly a thing we want to revisit, but as always we're have to balance multiple prorities." No statement that it will be coming after 1.0. And just a short but clear statement was all I wish for.

If it’s not on their roadmap, they should absolutely not make any statements other than “it’s under consideration.”

4 hours ago, Snips said:

Here - not on discord.

That doesn’t make any sense, there are a few dozen active users here and thousands on Discord, why would they make their statements here? You’ve got to go where your audience is.

Along with the rover distance bug, maybe there is correlation with what happens when physics unlocks on a craft that you EVA'd far away from (low grav moon) and back where the ship may either spawn above ground and crash, or for any other reason just fall over and/or break apart.

Also, I'd like to suggest maybe SAS not changing state when a kerbal exits/enters a ship if there is at least one other kerbal or probe core controlling the ship (with enough EC).

I think the missing trajectory bug and the mysterious landed state are one in the same. People missing their trajectories should check their state in the tracking station view directly from flight (don't load into KSC first). They may see this to be the case.

I request some features in the VAB:
1. Add a way to see which direction the ship is facing on the launch pad in case you rotate it around as anyone creating a plane-like rocket will want to be belly facing east or west. Putting a compass rose on the ground would suffice.
2. Remove the right-click to auto center on a part. It just gets in the way when you're trying to right click and drag to move the camera. Maybe a double right click on a part can be used. Double-click thresholds would have to be set up in options though.
3. Allow turning VAB lights off to check your lighting conditions in the dark. A whole new lighting setup may be required to ensure emergency exit signs over doors and other pathway lighting remain lit for worker safety.
4. Add a control to center the active vessel on the cross hairs seen on the floor.
5. Align the isometric view grid with the cross hairs seen on the floor (especially if #4 will not be implemented).

Looking forward to finishing that last remaining contract (held on to for so long) to land and return a bunch of Kerbals from Eve.

Nice! Looking forward to it.

Quick question : Are you guys aware of the missing 'skip orbit' button on the maneuver planner? Matt Lowne went on a rant about it in a recent video lol. (just wanted to make sure you guys are aware of it)

10 hours ago, jclovis3 said:

I request some features in the VAB:
1. Add a way to see which direction the ship is facing on the launch pad in case you rotate it around as anyone creating a plane-like rocket will want to be belly facing east or west. Putting a compass rose on the ground would suffice.
2. Remove the right-click to auto center on a part. It just gets in the way when you're trying to right click and drag to move the camera. Maybe a double right click on a part can be used. Double-click thresholds would have to be set up in options though.
3. Allow turning VAB lights off to check your lighting conditions in the dark. A whole new lighting setup may be required to ensure emergency exit signs over doors and other pathway lighting remain lit for worker safety.
4. Add a control to center the active vessel on the cross hairs seen on the floor.
5. Align the isometric view grid with the cross hairs seen on the floor (especially if #4 will not be implemented).

Amen to that. +1

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Since I can't be bothered joining discord I'll ask here, are there any plans to ease our suffering with something before 23rd? It's a long way.

Not next week as they are taking a break.

And the week after that we'll have the KERB on Friday and maybe something more on this same day because the 24th is a rather important date (but it's on a Saturday so likely be on the 23rd) but nothing was said about that, just my own thinking.

So before that it's unlikely we'll have anything.

Edited by Spicat

37 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

So we get promised KERB every 2 weeks...but we aren't getting anything for a month?  Back to the same old broken promises.  Sigh.

While I agree that there are plenty of reasons to be salty regarding the progression made on the bug front, calling one day beyond the 2 week window “a month” is a bit of a stretch. I do agree that missing that deadline does indeed not signal an eagerness towards fixing the problems we'd like to see.

6 hours ago, Kerbart said:

While I agree that there are plenty of reasons to be salty regarding the progression made on the bug front, calling one day beyond the 2 week window “a month” is a bit of a stretch. I do agree that missing that deadline does indeed not signal an eagerness towards fixing the problems we'd like to see.

Guess you missed both Spicat and Aziz talking about timing right above my post where it was stated no Kerb this week, nothing next week, and probably not until the 23rd.

2 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Guess you missed both Spicat and Aziz talking about timing right above my post where it was stated no Kerb this week, nothing next week, and probably not until the 23rd.

Yes, I did. Well, that is disappointing. Surely the KERB that comes out on the 23rd will have nothing but good news, all open bugs are fixed and a call for more so they can keep fixing.