What happened to increased communication?

8 minutes ago, RileyHef said:

Well, this morning we did learn directly from Dakota and Blackrack that they are looking for other job opportunities, so it seems the internal team likely got news that they are allowed to go public with their employment status and job searches. Seems that we are one step closer to an official announcement about the end of KSP2, though I'm sure there are still plenty of logistics to still work out.

Where is this information at/from?

10 minutes ago, RileyHef said:

Well, this morning we did learn directly from Dakota and Blackrack that they are looking for other job opportunities, so it seems the internal team likely got news that they are allowed to go public with their employment status and job searches. Seems that we are one step closer to an official announcement about the end of KSP2, though I'm sure there are still plenty of logistics to still work out.

Correction:  while blackrack did confirm his newfound lack of employment, Dakota indicated that he was probably on the way out.  Dakota did not confirm unemployment status.

Thank you @Flush Foot & @RileyHef

This is indeed some sad news, I liked both Dakota and blackrack on the team. Blackrack will likely still work on mods and be apart of the community it sounds like, which is awesome to hear. 

At the end of the day KSP2 can still go on without these two though. 

3 minutes ago, Icegrx said:

At the end of the day KSP2 can still go on without these two though. 

It can.  And I hope it does.  Fly high, little bird.  Fly high.

Posted (edited)

Speaking of Communication, how about we just go out with it already.

Its pretty clear it ain’t good news that’s coming but we paid 50$ for an EA, the least we should get by now is a go no go statement that means something, and details about what caused this can follow at a later stage

I hope we’re not going to keep the silence for weeks or months, that would only make it worse, and would only allow for more spamming of the forum for related topics to the bad news that’s cooking.

theres no point stalling it, you don’t let us refund, then there won’t be any new sales until a clear statement about the future of KSP2.

So out with it then, trust us , whatever it is, we can take it. 

Edited by GGG-GoodGuyGreg

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

Speaking of Communication, how about we just go out with it already.

I don't think they can.  The problem is, both the Steam store page and Nate's marketing communication treated the roadmap as a promise of future content.  For example:

Key Features
● Major upgrades during Early Access: Get a front-row seat as major new systems come online, including the addition of new star systems, interstellar travel technologies, colonies , multiplayer, and more 

This is presented as the description of the game, not some aside about "things we'd like to have one day, if it works out" on a dev blog post.  So if they announce that feature development has stopped, they could be at risk in countries with strong consumer protection laws.  If they announce any specifics about future feature work, they just make the problem worse.  If they just say nothing concrete (just some occasional ambiguous corpo-speak) and wait long enough, then no one will care any more and the game can "softly and suddenly vanish away".

Edited by Skorj

14 hours ago, Skorj said:

they could be at risk in countries with strong consumer protection laws

Also in "countries" jurisdictions within countries, à la Québec... <Looking into what our laws might provide for>

Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2024 at 4:52 AM, DoomsdayDuck555 said:

Maybe it's just me but I feel like besides the latest KERB there hasn't been anything for the past 3-4 weeks

I know they just came off of a break, but wasn't that over a month ago at this point?

I suspect the real reason for this is poor mission planning, they forgot to add an antenna with high enough signal strength to keep us updated. Either that or they went offline due to their solar arrays not being aligned with Kerbol...or perhaps something more sinister, the Kraken!

On 3/6/2024 at 4:52 AM, DoomsdayDuck555 said:

Maybe it's just me but I feel like besides the latest KERB there hasn't been anything for the past 3-4 weeks

I know they just came off of a break, but wasn't that over a month ago at this point?

Edited by Infinite Aerospace
An error occurred Jim!!

17 hours ago, Skorj said:

then no one will care any more and the game can "softly and suddenly vanish away

This is what I assume has happened. Never officially cancel it. Occasional bug update here and there. I have a feeling colonies will still come out in the next few months and then just string everyone along.

Either way absolutely despicable for Take Two to leave this up in the air so long. 

Lesson learned, never again will I buy a game that’s EA, or from Private Division, Take Two, or a certain serial over hyper creative director. 

Not much is lost. The list of finished games on my steam wishlist with high reviews is long. And heck I’m going to immediately go back on my no EA thing and go buy Kitbash just to send harvester some cash. Game looks fun but I don’t even really care if it’s ever finished, it’s a protest buy lol.

52 minutes ago, moeggz said:

Not much is lost. The list of finished games on my steam wishlist with high reviews is long. And heck I’m going to immediately go back on my no EA thing and go buy Kitbash just to send harvester some cash. Game looks fun but I don’t even really care if it’s ever finished, it’s a protest buy lol.

Thanks to Epic, I've got a whole bunch of games I picked up for free that I can cycle through.  Thief, Fallout New Vegas, Evil Within...just to name a few.  And that's on top of my going through Kerbal Space Program 1, which I happen to love.

As far as KitBash goes, I highly recommend it.  I picked it up for like $15 a few weeks ago, and it's really good.  HarvesteR is engaged with the community, he's actively working on enhancements and bug fixes, and it's just plain fun.  Juno, on the other hand...meh.  I like some things about it, but there's others that both me.  And I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do the whole engine scaling thing to make them as efficient as possible.

All told, I agree with you:  I'll never purchase another game from Take Two or Private Division, and I'll avoid anything over-hyped by one particular individual like the plague.

11 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

it's just plain plane fun

FTFY ;p

11 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I'll never purchase another game from Take Two

As someone else pointed out, that might be hard (at least for me) when Civ VII comes out, but as I didn't seem to like VI as much as V (my introduction to the series, to be fair), maybe that's "a sign / for the best"?

I agree... about the products serial super hyper

I have no idea how nate behaves to those around him. People have praised him with their comments, but a couple things have put a sour taste in my mouth.

It seems there is a distinct specific image for what KSP2 was supposed to be and that there is little room for anything else. 

This could just be me desire to attempt and foist the blame on an individual.. but I guarantee if someone were to sit down with Mr. Simpson and ask them "do you think KSP2 was a succes, if not why?"

You would here "yes" and this is why.. we pushed the bounds of ... blah blah

Or 

No.. every reason under the sun that does not suggest personal accountability

(E.g. I do not think "I could have done *this* better would be something he ever says)

They didn't burn / tar & feather snake oil salespeople simply for selling the oil. No the anger amd frustration resulting in a mob mentality came when the oil failed to deliver on its promised restorative abilities.

11 hours ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

I have no idea how nate behaves to those around him. People have praised him with their comments, but a couple things have put a sour taste in my mouth.

He’s a good sales guy, and a great PR person, but he shouldn’t be in any management position at all. Even if he had the best intentions all along, the team was clearly mismanaged. I fail to believe the dev team was so incompetent that updates and content took as long  as it did to be delivered. Especially with a couple notable names on the team. Their time was clearly managed improperly. after going through two separate teams with minimal results with the same guy at the helm. I’m blaming him. 

worse yet, he gets to still have a job, while the rest of his team lost their livelihoods. Great example of someone pretending to be someone they are not. Stick to the art and talking, leave it to someone else for direction and management.