Take 2 earnings call documentation...

You weren't looking hard enough. There is mention of KSP, in fact it's still listed  - compared to february report - as key product in PD label. The only thing that has changed in fact, is a single paragraph

Private Division owns and operates Intercept Games, based in Seattle, a team charged with working on games set in the Kerbal universe

that is missing from today's report. So sign of cancellation or anything else. By the looks of it, it's still very much alive.

2 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

You weren't looking hard enough. There is mention of KSP, in fact it's still listed  - compared to february report - as key product in PD label. The only thing that has changed in fact, is a single paragraph

that is missing from today's report. So sign of cancellation or anything else. By the looks of it, it's still very much alive.

So maybe the WARN really was just about dumping office-space? <thinking/chin-stroking emoji>

We know for sure some people will be leaving the project - at the very least what, 4 people so far? We know nothing about the rest. So once again, a reduction is imminent. Studio closure happens. Production continues. What we don't know, is under what label and with what workforce. Everything beyond the above is speculation.

6 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

When do the layoffs go into effect? End of June, right? Is the studio still technically open at the time the earnings call takes place then? Yes.

That says nothing of continued survival of the game. I'm sure one of the youtubers has bothered to listen to the call and will give us info later.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Nothing of what you've said is in the documentation released with the earnings call, if you can point me to where it does say that I'd be greatful.

EDIT... Do you mean this from a totally separate document? If so, this means sod all.

Screenshot-2024-05-16-215703.png

Source: https://ir.take2games.com/static-files/75cef79f-3814-4a46-9748-53db35eda24a

Edited by TickleMyMary

2 minutes ago, TickleMyMary said:

Nothing of what you've said is in the documentation released with the earnings call, if you can point me to where it does say that I'd be greatful.

There are like 4 different presentations in there, it's in one of them.

12 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Where is it listed in this report? I find no mention. Give a keyword please.

10 minutes ago, TickleMyMary said:

Do you mean this from a totally separate document? If so, this means sod all.

What do you mean separate document? All of them are an integral part of today's financial report.

They don't need to explicitly cancel it, it's in EA, they can just let it wither on the vine as they have been so far. That's less of a legal liability, and the compelling trailer might still pull in a few sales.

In the meantime, they are sacking the staff working on it, so that says enough by itself. Some people really want to cling to hope, but this was their chance to tell everyone it was being moved to a new studio and it looks like they didn't bother.

Shadow cancellation looks like the order of the day. Minimal work, forever in development.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

What do you mean separate document? All of them are an integral part of today's financial report.

The documents located here... https://www.take2games.com/ir/quarterly-earnings

They're all entirely separate documents, you even said there were 4 earlier so I'm not seeing the confusion here.

EDIT: No mention of it here either and they DO mention games already released.

Source: https://ir.take2games.com/static-files/11d85d6a-d00f-43ac-a2a1-070937d92286

Screenshot-2024-05-16-221031.png

Edited by TickleMyMary
Source

I see KSP2 listed in the document "investor presentation - may 2024" on page 19. Still looking through the other documents.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mutex said:

I see KSP2 listed in the document "investor presentation - may 2024" on page 19. Still looking through the other documents.

Yeah, that was the image that was posted by the Aziz... Also the only mention of ksp2.

Edited by TickleMyMary
damned spelling

In "q4 2024 prepared remarks" there's some potentially relevant comments, which I can't easily copy on my phone. But on page 4 Karl Slatoff mentions their recent cost reduction program, through which they cancelled several titles. I guess they cancel titles every year, but I'm not sure we'd heard about the "recent" cost reduction program.

5 minutes ago, Mutex said:

Karl Slatoff mentions their recent cost reduction program... I'm not sure we'd heard about the "recent" cost reduction program.

They aren't talking to us, they're talking to the shareholders and I'm sure they're more than aware of their recent cost reduction program and the victims in that purge.

I doubt the fanbase will hear anything until June (if at all) but all sign are pointing to a big nope for the future of KSP2 imo.

8 minutes ago, TickleMyMary said:

They aren't talking to us, they're talking to the shareholders and I'm sure they're more than aware of their recent cost reduction program and the victims in that purge.

I doubt the fanbase will hear anything until June (if at all) but all sign are pointing to a big nope for the future of KSP2 imo.

It was said that they will talk as soon as they can, but bureaucracy can be quite a torture at times. If they don't talk within 48 hours I begin to believe we will hear something end of June at best.

The team has a heart. I believe in them. Something will be said. They just can't talk now and they feel the pain too.

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

We know for sure some people will be leaving the project - at the very least what, 4 people so far? We know nothing about the rest. So once again, a reduction is imminent. Studio closure happens. Production continues. What we don't know, is under what label and with what workforce. Everything beyond the above is speculation.

If they were moving production to a different studio, I would have expected them to have said so by now.  The virtual silence on the topic as the community implodes is pretty damning.  They have nothing to say that we want to hear, so they say nothing at all.

Don't forget that they announced that that they are cutting costs and that several projects were cancelled weeks before the WARN notice.  As far as I'm aware we still haven't had an official announcement of what projects were cancelled, but it seems pretty likely that KSP 2 was one of them.

9 minutes ago, AVaughan said:

If they were moving production to a different studio, I would have expected them to have said so by now.  The virtual silence on the topic as the community implodes is pretty damning.  They have nothing to say that we want to hear, so they say nothing at all.

Don't forget that they announced that that they are cutting costs and that several projects were cancelled weeks before the WARN notice.  As far as I'm aware we still haven't had an official announcement of what projects were cancelled, but it seems pretty likely that KSP 2 was one of them.

Their earnings call covered a period that ended before the layoffs legally take effect.

They are within their right to list the project for a time period it was ongoing. Sales continue, so it remains a product. That may change for the next earnings call in 3 months.

9 minutes ago, TLTay said:

Their earnings call covered a period that ended before the layoffs legally take effect.

They are within their right to list the project for a time period it was ongoing. Sales continue, so it remains a product. That may change for the next earnings call in 3 months.

None of which says anything about whether development  will continue past when the layoffs take effect.   If development doesn't continue, then that means the project is basically dead, and they are just milking what revenue they can from the corpse.  (And yeah none of that needs to be officially announced.  Although I would argue that they should update the steam and epic game store roadmaps to reflect that development is either paused or cancelled.  Not doing that is arguably misleading consumers and would probably be illegal where I live).

I can't see them making any money from officially announcing that they are ceasing development.  So most likely they will delay announcing that the project is paused/cancelled for as long as they reasonably can.  That way sales will continue, at least from people who aren't aware of the situation and don't read the recent reviews.  (Quite possibly their official, for the record, position will be that no final decision on the fate of the game has been made, but I would interpret that as more an excuse to avoid saying development of the game is cancelled, than a sign that they intend to continue later). 

2 hours ago, TLTay said:

They should have hired HarvesteR as their lead. Then this wouldn't have happened.

Disagree. With interest rates the way they are, I think a small enough IP (by comparison to others Take 2 has) would've been canned either way.