Refund

Jeq

7 minutes ago, attosecond said:

Steam has refused me 6 times so far... planning to keep at it until I get something other than a canned response.

You might be onto something here. Take Two won't listen to us plebs, but if we all "refund bomb" Steam, they might take notice and ask Take Two what is up.

Reminder to use the human option. Go to "Help" on your library page for the game, and then "I've got a question about this purchase". That'll have you talking to a human, where you can make an actual case and discussion for your refund. Also check your local laws, as you might be lucky to live in a country where Steam's refund limits are null.

Be insistent, but also be smart about it when you make your case.

If you purchase on Epic... good luck.

1 minute ago, PDCWolf said:

Reminder to use the human option. Go to "Help" on your library page for the game, and then "I've got a question about this purchase". That'll have you talking to a human, where you can make an actual case and discussion for your refund.

Thanks for the tip... wasn't aware there was an alternate route. Up to 7 rejections, now, and will try this next.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Meecrob said:

You might be onto something here. Take Two won't listen to us plebs, but if we all "refund bomb" Steam, they might take notice and ask Take Two what is up.

-deleted- as @PDCWolf provided a work around.

Edited by Uuky

27 minutes ago, PDCWolf said:

Reminder to use the human option. Go to "Help" on your library page for the game, and then "I've got a question about this purchase". That'll have you talking to a human, where you can make an actual case and discussion for your refund. Also check your local laws, as you might be lucky to live in a country where Steam's refund limits are null.

Be insistent, but also be smart about it when you make your case.

thanks for the tip, I gave it a shot. I'm going to keep trying but my hopes are pretty low right now. take2 should be the one held responsible, not the players.

34 minutes ago, PDCWolf said:

Epic has, effectively, the same refund policy as Steam:  14 days and less than 2 hours played.  As far as how painful it is compared to Steam...that I don't know.

With all this said, I'm going to wait until after June 28 to see if we get any type of official statement or story before I go the refund route.  Heck, I may just keep the game regardless, if only as a warning to myself to not get involved in EA games ever again.  It's a $50 lesson I shouldn't have had to deal with, but if I learned my lesson then that $50 was well-spent.

28 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Epic has, effectively, the same refund policy as Steam:  14 days and less than 2 hours played.  As far as how painful it is compared to Steam...that I don't know.

With all this said, I'm going to wait until after June 28 to see if we get any type of official statement or story before I go the refund route.  Heck, I may just keep the game regardless, if only as a warning to myself to not get involved in EA games ever again.  It's a $50 lesson I shouldn't have had to deal with, but if I learned my lesson then that $50 was well-spent.

I have only been this disappointed in Early Access one other time.. was also recently where a staggering number of the community...

At the time around less than 1000 sales and hundreds of people were complaining about a certain mechanic & balance. Long well worded breakdowns, with tons of flair given and the developer came out and said their vision was unchanging and intentional.. perhaps we would have been better off purchasing a different game.

I was blown away. Going the route PDWolf recommends got me a refund after 6 hours of play and almost a month I'm library.

I had screenshot prepared from developer statement & essentially used the argument the developer supported my desire to refund.

I was denied by the automated / review system.

Sometimes the human element actually works.

I am going to wait until the end of June as well hoping a couple of the bugs I most frequently encounter are fixed.

If that's the case I'll keep ot even without colonies hoping someone makes a mod for random missions. I have started my unity / c++ / IDE tutorials but still at the overwhelmed stage ;)

29 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

It's a $50 lesson I shouldn't have had to deal with, but if I learned my lesson then that $50 was well-spent.

"Don't buy early access program".  In this game you throw $50 down the drain.

2 minutes ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

I have started my unity / c++ / IDE tutorials but still at the overwhelmed stage ;)

I've started learning Unreal.  I won't be able to create a full game, but at least I'm learning something!

7 minutes ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

I have started my unity / c++ / IDE tutorials but still at the overwhelmed stage

small tip: If you want to learn Unity, learn C#, not C++, there's a difference. I can work in both Unreal and Unity, and program in C#, and am thinking about modding original ksp as well, but it's a lot of work. Just a heads up, if learning the engine and programming language seems overwhelming to you, wait until you learn what actually goes into making a full game, or even just a mod.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/kerbal-space-program-2-producer-confirms-mass-layoffs-contradicting-ceos-remarks

Stop wasting your life on this project. It's gone, It was gone not in May, but in 2023 when they fired devs that should've been working on long term features.

Edited by PDCWolf

13 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

If someone else buys a game for you on Steam and you refund it, do they get their money back? Or do you keep a credit?

I believe the refund goes back to the credit card that made the original purchase.

18 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

If someone else buys a game for you on Steam and you refund it, do they get their money back? Or do you keep a credit?

As the recipient of a gift, you're only allowed to give permission to the gifter to refund it, they get their money back and you lose access to the game if it goes through.

2 hours ago, gluckez said:

small tip: If you want to learn Unity, learn C#, not C++, there's a difference. I can work in both Unreal and Unity, and program in C#, and am thinking about modding original ksp as well, but it's a lot of work. Just a heads up, if learning the engine and programming language seems overwhelming to you, wait until you learn what actually goes into making a full game, or even just a mod.

That is precisely what is daunting.

I was a heavy gamer since the days of DOS. I lost a decade of continuity due to poor life choices and a nasty dragon riding my back.

Since returning I have enjoyed some games like mindustry. I was so friggin foolish to think I had any experience "modding a game" writing batch files back in the day or modifying single text files / folder of jpegs is nothing.

Understand some very basic stuff  and thought that would prepare me for my first steps .. oh I was so wrong, I can't even crawl.

The store page quite literally says what to expect from an early access game. 

This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more

Pulled this straight from the store page above the "add to cart" button. You should've known this could happen. It doesn't matter what has been promised or what the marketing material has said. You bought the product in the state it was in when you bought it.  And this is why you should never ever buy early access, preorder or buy on release. Unless you want to deal with possible negative outcomes yourself.

3 hours ago, gluckez said:

if learning the engine and programming language seems overwhelming to you, wait until you learn what actually goes into making a full game

That's typically spread across multiple people, though. Solo dev games exist, but they're far more limited in scope basically by necessity. A solo dev doesn't have a long enough lifetime to do what a team of fifty can do in four years. No getting around that.

28 minutes ago, K^2 said:

[...] No getting around that.

We still don't know how far AI can get and it gets harder and harder to predict how future turns out to be. And David Sinclair is already working on that lifetime problem (glaucoma is probably cured by next year if the first human trial has success). I know, I know, that sounds very naive.

Nobody is entitled to a refund. Why would they give you a refund?

You bought the game at a discount, because of the chance that the game wouldn't get finished. If you are unhappy with the discount, you should not have bought the game.

2 hours ago, lrd.Helmet said:

The store page quite literally says what to expect from an early access game. 

Pulled this straight from the store page above the "add to cart" button. You should've known this could happen. It doesn't matter what has been promised or what the marketing material has said. You bought the product in the state it was in when you bought it.  And this is why you should never ever buy early access, preorder or buy on release. Unless you want to deal with possible negative outcomes yourself.

You should check out KSP2 EA store page.. the read more section where each developers tells potential consumers more specifically what can be expected during EA.

Things like dedication to communication where they look forward to interacting with community and exploring feedback?

Some people are more upset about the misrepresentation and damage to commun trust than a failed launch.

Lies are bad mmmkay

8 hours ago, PDCWolf said:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/kerbal-space-program-2-producer-confirms-mass-layoffs-contradicting-ceos-remarks

Stop wasting your life on this project. It's gone, It was gone not in May, but in 2023 when they fired devs that should've been working on long term features.

Don't mistake my patience for hope.  I have no illusions that the project is dead, and that the game won't get completed.  I am merely waiting to see what, if anything, TT or PD say at the end of June before deciding if I refund or if I keep it as a reminder.

And it has been dead since Star Theory.  All those decisions back then killed the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.