Launcher removed from KSP1

Serenity

So I wasn't imagining it...  now I can remove the thing from the drive and add 10% to my free space.

ps... what is the safe way to remove it without leaving a trail of loose ends?  It didn't appear in the apps & features list.

Edited by Mickel

2 hours ago, Mickel said:

So I wasn't imagining it...  now I can remove the thing from the drive and add 10% to my free space.

ps... what is the safe way to remove it without leaving a trail of loose ends?  It didn't appear in the apps & features list.

The launcher is like 25MB. Really no point, just ignore it.

Otherwise just backup and then manually delete Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data and Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher.exe and see what happens.

The PD Launcher folder is taking ~1.2Gb of drive space, so I don't know what they've got in there.  Probably updates that didn't delete previous versions.  I'll drag it to another drive and see what happens.  If nothing, I'll ditch it.

10 minutes ago, Mickel said:

The PD Launcher folder is taking ~1.2Gb of drive space, so I don't know what they've got in there.  Probably updates that didn't delete previous versions.  I'll drag it to another drive and see what happens.  If nothing, I'll ditch it.

Time to download the latest pristine KSP v1.12.5 to get the benefits of this.

Ok, I hacked the launcher last year and have had no problems since.  Now, the launcher is supposed to be gone, but when I look in the PDLauncher folder nothing has changed and there is no update in queue.  Can I manually just delete that folder?

Funnily enough, (maybe it’s because I have a Mac and use steam?) the launcher never came unless I went into the folders and actually clicked on it. Never ever popped up for me.