Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

"Control from here" is your friend, though

That's just what I did, but the Gemini flies in reverse kind of like a hobbled pig. Or I fly in reverse like I'm the brain of a hobbled pig. Probably the second is more accurate. :D

It's all in how you envision what's happening. When you "Control From Here", watch your navball to see how it changes, which will give you an indication of which direction the "capsule" is facing.

If it was aligned properly when it was put in place, the only change you should see is the ball flipping 180 degrees, so the docking port becomes the "nose" of the ship.

From there, ignore the visual cues you've built into your ship (capsule placement, wing direction etc) and just keep thinking of the docking port as the front of the craft. The RCS system will switch to reflect this as well, so control shouldn't be a huge change.

...that is, unless your docking port is rotated off-axis, so that one side of the ship is now "up" relative to the port, which will make translation control a real bugger. >_<

The biggest problem I found is that the Gemini's nose doesn't care for becoming a tail. That makes rotational steering pretty touchy. Getting to within 10 metres of the MOL was a bit hairy, but after that things went fine. In the future I'll save myself a lot of grief by closing to within 15m nose first, then flip 180 degrees and switch my control point to the aft docking adapter instead of trying to wrestle it in from 30m out.

[TABLE=width: 1280]

[TR]

[TD]Decided to build a complete revamp of Macey Dean's Vulture class carrier, as I was using it as a starting point to create images for one of Far Horizon's docks.

Unfortunately his Vulture wasn't big enough to accommodate my shuttle, so the work became less revamp and more built-from-scratch (though I did keep the Vulture's original core to build off of.

4zULJC3.jpg

SRVzBNJ.jpg

8fG4GxX.jpg

CisLMgq.png

9xUy7Vn.jpg

ur9Jinb.png

Now I'm wishing the Aviation Lights mod actually allowed for sequenced lights for the nav guides (blue lights) on the deck![/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by Deadweasel

One of my Orbital Taxi Mk 3s docked to my "Even Better Space Station (EBSS)". I'm very happy with both of these models from an aesthetic standpoint and there are only a few changes I'm making to the station for 0.21 (mainly for part count). The OT3 is probably my greatest achievement in craft building so far; it's very stable when docking, even with low fuel tanks, has a very good chunk of delta-V for running errands, and sports a decent TWR so the burn times aren't painful.

WAlzFew.png

I told myself I would wait for .21, but I couldn't hold myself.

I put my Crossbow on Dres.

Jj6RVUp.png

Q12MTuT.png

mtVhLC5.png

The highlight of the mission was definitely the landing. After hours of development and piloting, I finally got to Dres, but I realized I forgot to bring a decoupler. I was distraught for a few minutes I considered just giving up, but then I thought of a solution. Lithobraking! By landing at just the right speed, I was able to destroy the lander while keeping the crossbow intact.

Today, a sight that strikes fear into the hearts of civilisations far more advanced than the kerbals.

VIH3JnC.png

We're being invaded!

NHs4Lyx.png

oNSWywz.png

Ahhhhhh!

2gkrVSz.gif

The truth:

RerplWP.jpg

Enemy Kerman. :mad:

(There was a little green man inside.)

Edited by Tw1

The basic concept is that you take the small solar panels and put them in 8x symmetry, then rotate it 90 degrees. That creates the octagon pattern, but the lines around the edges show. To get the seamless look, you just hold shift and rotate the panel so the octagon is concave.

My favorite question: No clipping-poodoo expected?

Today, a sight that strikes fear into the hearts of civilisations far more advanced than the kerbals.

We're being invaded!

NHs4Lyx.png

Ahhhhhh!

The truth:

Enemy Kerman. :mad:

(There was a little green man inside.)

You are my new favorite person.

Edited by zekes