[WIP] THSS - Tri-Hexagonal Structural Strut

Semni

well, I'd personally like some compatibility with Kethane, like just some re-colored tanks that hold Kethane and start empty. I haven't really had the time to make them myself, have to learn first, then use what I learn, and I really just don't have the time for either at the moment. and I suppose if it needs one of those size-shrinking re-textures, then that would be nice, I have to fit all of those mods inside of 3GB somehow. :)

Edit: Also, I believe Blue Goblin might need to remake his adapter parts on account of Lack at LLL changing the fundamental basis of his parts.

Edited by Benzschwagel

well, I'd personally like some compatibility with Kethane, like just some re-colored tanks that hold Kethane and start empty. I haven't really had the time to make them myself, have to learn first, then use what I learn, and I really just don't have the time for either at the moment. and I suppose if it needs one of those size-shrinking re-textures, then that would be nice, I have to fit all of those mods inside of 3GB somehow. :)

This part is actually very very easy, since the textures are all single color images, simply make a green mbm and replace the apprpriate file.

Yeah, that's what I mean, make a complete copy of the folder JARFR_TriStrutTank (for instance)

edit the .cfg to change the name to something Kethane...

and replace model000.mbm with a fully green image file, with the name model000.mbm You'll have to use Unity and part tools to convert your image to an mbm.

Wazman, as long as you stay in your previous saved game, i don't think you should have any trouble, but the parts won't show up in a career mode (with the tech tree) at the moment, I'm sure Semni will update the part cfg files to take into account the tech tree once he's played it for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Small question and I didn't find any in what posts I could scan through, but any chance you all are working on a Tri - Octo, Tri - Cube, Octo - Cube adapters? I saw some for tri to 1.25 and 2.5 rounds and a sort of tri - octo in the LLL adapter pack, just wondering if the other options are being worked on.

I have made some THSS Module Manager Configs to update to 0.22 TechTree compatible. Also fixes the 2 probes and asas. You need Module Manager 1.5. Links:

THSS

HOSS

CRSS

I made them separate because I don't always install all of them. Also, have some RemoteTech 2 Lite and Deadly Re-entry cfgs. You use these in addition to the other ones, so if I had DR and RT2 and all of THSS installed, I would use all 5 of these MM configs. More Links:

THSS RemoteTech 2 Probes

THSS Deadly Re-Entry Heatshields

All 5 cfgs in one zip

LOL. Again I'm working on adding these to tech tree. Let me look at your stuff.

The one thing that I have done with mine is to standardize the length of many of the pieces so they are 1.25m or multiple/fractions thereof. I've also added the kethane tanks to HOSS. I'll get something up in a day or two.

Haha, cool. Well, hopefully this helps you a little in some way. I like the sound of standardised lengths and Kethane tanks too, so I'll probably end up using your version when you release it. I ended up just using your AIES configs :).

Have you considered making a thread just for MM codes and examples? You would get the community contributing and hopefully end up with a centralised database of MM configs. You could have sections to add support for various mods like Deadly Re-Entry, RT2, Modular Fuels, Bobcat's new ECLSS system, etc. It would be a really handy resource for players.

Haha, cool. Well, hopefully this helps you a little in some way. I like the sound of standardised lengths and Kethane tanks too, so I'll probably end up using your version when you release it. I ended up just using your AIES configs :).

Have you considered making a thread just for MM codes and examples? You would get the community contributing and hopefully end up with a centralised database of MM configs. You could have sections to add support for various mods like Deadly Re-Entry, RT2, Modular Fuels, Bobcat's new ECLSS system, etc. It would be a really handy resource for players.

Yeah, I'm considering it. I've got a number of other tweaks to parts, and for this set I also have a bunch of welded bits, mainly to cut down on assets. With a 1.25m standardized truss length, you just weld 3 together and you can toss the 3x one and it eliminates a model that needs to load. I have lengths from 1.25m to 12.50m. Helps with framerates a bit as well. I've done the same with the HOSS tanks, etc.

I also have a number of specialized welded THSS parts that are designed to mate properly with FusTek, so you can have a truss length that matches the length of the Karmony modules. Then you can snap everything together like legos. Stuff like that. Takes a lot of testing through, and I need to go back through all the FusTek stuff to make sure it lines up with his redesign properly. We've got a community established standard for diameters, but not for lengths, and even within a kit getting everything to line up can be a bit of a pain. For example, the tri-strut is 3.855m long, but the tri-strut-short is 1.326m, so 3 of those together is .143m longer than the tri-strut. A small scaling of the latter to 1.25m is barely noticeable and welding them up to make the longer lengths means everything lines up perfectly. Even the stock parts suffer from this kind of problem.

Awesome parts. It saves a lot of my time by using communication landers like this :)

gpvg.png

Triangular beams are very useful, due to lack of parts like these.

And, with these parts my game shows 60 fps almost all the time ))

I think, it needs only some texture correction with gradients, like parts in AIES mod.

Anyway, it is must-have now.

Edited by MaxP

u need to get out of your texture fantasy world before u burn your computer up.

... I am not worried about frying my computer. I am certain of my computers abilities. And textures really do help the value of the game play. I mean, the textures don't have to be amazing. But still.

Actually, rather than textures, a few strategically placed flags would make a huge difference, though that takes a bit of mesh hacking: cut out 8x5 panels, separate into a separate mesh, specify that sub-part name in the flag part-module:

MODULE {
name = FlagDecal
textureQuadName = FlagDecals
}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.