[WIP] THSS - Tri-Hexagonal Structural Strut

Semni

... I am not worried about frying my computer. I am certain of my computers abilities. And textures really do help the value of the game play. I mean, the textures don't have to be amazing. But still.

ksp is 32bit so i would rather have another mod than a bit of extra texture anyay.

Well, I don't think people are asking for B9-level textures here. But something would be better than nothing. In certain lighting situations, the absence of textures makes the models look like empty grey space rather than a solid object. If I knew how to do it, I would make my own textures, but I don't.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I don't think people are asking for B9-level textures here. But something would be better than nothing. In certain lighting situations, the absence of textures makes the models look like empty grey space rather than a solid object. If I knew how to do it, I would make my own textures, but I don't.

It's not a question of new textures. It's a question of UV support in the mesh for new textures and there is none. I tried to make some textures for them and they only support (IIRC, it's been awhile) 2x2.

So even if you make nice textures, they won't map properly to the meshes at all.

Additionally, specular shading doesn't seem to work right for them. I'm not quite sure why that is. Lack of UV map? Or do models have to declare what shaders will work with them? Not sure, but I tried to set specular properties for them in the config file and it just didn't work.

It's not a question of new textures. It's a question of UV support in the mesh for new textures and there is none. I tried to make some textures for them and they only support (IIRC, it's been awhile) 2x2.

So even if you make nice textures, they won't map properly to the meshes at all.

Additionally, specular shading doesn't seem to work right for them. I'm not quite sure why that is. Lack of UV map? Or do models have to declare what shaders will work with them? Not sure, but I tried to set specular properties for them in the config file and it just didn't work.

Well, whatever it's a question of (and I will defer to your comment, since you seem to know a lot more about it than I do), it is a shame. I'm checking back here from time to time to see if there's any activity, but leaving this Mod aside in my current game for the time being, until it looks less freaky and unnatural in low, indirect lighting.

Works just fine for me in .23, just not in career mode.

I will be adding these parts to the technologies tree I've been working on. It might take me a few days because I have a small stack of other mods I am adding as well, but they will be in there when the next update comes out.

I will be adding these parts to the technologies tree I've been working on. It might take me a few days because I have a small stack of other mods I am adding as well, but they will be in there when the next update comes out.

Hey now... I have been missing THSS for a while now. Post up when you have the respec for inclusion in the tech tree... I hate dealing with the Module Manager, and after doing 4 personal and 2 public transcipts would not mind a chance to be lazy and just get this one.

ALacrity

Any suggestions for using these structurally while building a station? Looking at the OP screenshot in Fustek Station Parts (http://i.imgur.com/sDGNRV1.jpg), I can't see anyway one would be able to assemble these without having them entirely assembled for the shape/size of the station and either wierdly launching or hyperediting it up.

Is it possible we can get some sort of docking node caps? Then we could at least grab them with an arm, a KAS rope or just a standard RCS tug and manuever them where we need and assemble the struts in space.

I managed too put together a fairly good Module Manager to intergrate THSS into the tech tree. Even added a surprise for the KAS users out there.

It integrates well and finally I can make space stations the way I like again

Alacrity

I managed too put together a fairly good Module Manager to intergrate THSS into the tech tree. Even added a surprise for the KAS users out there.

It integrates well and finally I can make space stations the way I like again

Alacrity

Ok, so where's the link?

Awesome structural components!

Is it possible to make:

- Octo-decoupler (small, large)

- Octo-mounting plate (small, large)

And (preferably, but not really crucial):

- tri-docking port

- octo-docking port (for small octo side, open/shielded)

I've always been really impressed with this pack. Also it reminds me of the transfer bridge from 2010: The year we make contact, used between Alexey Leonov and Discovery.

http://imageshack.com/a/img194/5549/k38t.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img855/1655/xqoq.jpg

I wonder what that says off to his right... I bet it's Russian for.... 'Don't look down'.

(yeah I know, that's not really what it says....)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.